FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Delaila

Holypriest looking for advise

Hi

On my priest I feel like im having problems whit my output, specially on garosh and protectors. I dont know if its due to gear or if im doing something wrong or if it is just due to the shamman that im runing whit are just to overgeared for flex so he basicly just takes everything.. im mostly doing flex whit around 12-13 ppl but we are gonna start alt normal runs soon. I mostly run whit chakra:serendipedy, got told thats the way to go for most 10m or 10is fights and it just feels more usefull whit the instant heal. I also swaped to twisted fate instead of divine insight on garosh to test it but im thinking of saping back sence it dident seem to do much difference.

the link show from paragons to protectors.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/k4bWTxrJwjK7Vg6t#

armory

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/veknilash/Delpriest/advanced

Hope you guys can help beacuse i dont know what else i shall do to get my output up.

Edited by Delaila
  • Like 1

Heya Del,

I'll start off by saying that playing Holy offers a lot of different approaches to current SoO fights when it comes to what it takes to get bosses down in LFR through Normal.  The important thing is that bosses die and raiders do not.  Since you are clearing on Flex regularly your problems are minimal.  Yes, your output will take a hit if you have any overgeared healer with you, no matter the class.  Once a fight is on farm, I love meter padding, it's a sickness.  From that stand point only, I can offer you some advice on closing the gap between you and the Shaman.

You're Renew heavy playstyle has you reforging to the Haste breakpoint and glyphing Renew.  For a more competitive output:

Stay in AoE Chakra and keep Sanctuary on the stackpoints or melee w/ tank included.  When you get 4pc make sure you are stacking to 3 before laying it down.

For glyphs; I would recommend switching out Renew for CoH and Fade for PoM.  Increase your PoM, usage you only used it 9x on Protectors (25% uptime).  You want your uptime on it to be in the 90% range, it was better on Garrosh 60%.  You have an open Minor spot and are missing the only Minor glyph that gives us any help in combat, Sha.  It removes the GCD associated with using Shadowfiend or Sha. 

For reforging; the Renew glyph change will also put you out of range for the extra tick so you can get rid of all your haste reforges and go for Crit>Mastery.  SoO gear is very Mastery heavy so you can reforge to Crit on almost every piece of gear and Gem for Crit as well.  You only have one Zen, change it to Misty.  If you find that you do not need as much Spirit as you are carrying since you will not be Renew spamming you can use Spirit to Crit reforges and Straight Crit in Yellow spots.  But Spirit change is minor in respect to getting rid of all your Haste.  It will just increase your output once you can find the lowest Spirit needed to not go OOM w/ the new healing approach.

For talents; it's generally accepted to take ToF over Divine Insight.  There are certain places where you can abuse DI but over all SoO encounters you'll be able to keep ToF uptime over 50% w/ some practice.  Your ToF uptime is way too low (15%) to see any advantage from it now which is possible why your numbers suggested you sticking w/ DI.  Even if you only tunnel the bosses at the end of encounters your uptime will be 35% but there are so many encounters with adds that you want your uptime to be higher than 50% and 60% when you get really comfortable hitting the appropriate targets.  A step to increase your uptime that will require no attention is changing your L90 talent to Divine Star instead of Cascade.  You Advanced Combat Logging is turned off so I could not watch your strategy but moving to Normals you will be stacked on a lot of fights and DS will be more productive than the other L90's in that case and it will also give you free ToF procs when adds are present and dying.  Your Flash Heal is 7% or less on fights so dropping FDCL and picking up Solace and using it on CD will also increase your uptime on ToF significantly by hitting adds.

After rereading this and peaking at your logs for buff uptimes and casts tracker for reference; this is a HUGE playstyle change.  I will guarantee with effort and some WeakAura tracking for CDs you will see a spike in your output.  It will take getting used to, muscle memory for not Renew blanketing will be tough to fight.  Also make sure you are dropping your Lightspring a minute or more prior to the pull so it comes up during the encounter.

I really hope that all of this is not too much.  I really did try and stick to general information and not fight specific ways to pump out some bigger numbers.  I hope to hear back from you and see some new logs w/ your gear changes and see Renew at the bottom of your casts lists.

GL!

Edited by Gwenymph

Hi Gwen

First, dont know how you saw the 4th set bonus sence i only have the 2set :P Second why shall i hit on adds/boss im holy not disc :P but i will test it out again and make a wa for it. mabye it will get better then.

Will also try and see why the palyback thingy arent working on private logs.

Thx for the other adice :)

You want to hit them with Solace for mana and hitting them while low on health will proc ToF which needs to be at least double where it was on your last kill.

Edit: Sorry about the 4pc, I made the edits.  I saw I mentioned it up top about when you get it.. not sure where I got lost again.  Thanks for the heads up and good luck getting 4pc!

Edited by Gwenymph

first for most fights you should not be using Holy Word: Serenity on boss fights. Holy Word: Sanctuary is better for raid healing. but it mostly depend on how you play. when you do use Holy Word: Serenity you use it for under 5% of your heals. so at this point it all most wasted spell.

Prayer of Mending is not being used very much. you use renew 60+ times in a fight but only using prayer of mending 15 ish times a fight. that should be way higher. i would suggest if your are not going to use Prayer of Mending very much you should pick Twist of fate.  Divine Insight is better but it requires you to throw out Prayer of Mending a lot and currently your not throwing it out very much

i would suggest getting rid of glyph of fade and pick up Glyph of Circle of Healing. Most of the time you wont need fade if you have good tanks. it dose up the amount of mana need it will help with your aoe heals.

cant really make any suggestion about gear because your in dps spec so will check back later. hope this helps

new logs, just 2 fights. got to dps most of the night today...looks like im ending up doing shadow for normal...

Del,

It looks by the logs that you decided to not make the changes from our previous conversation, which is complete fine. Like I mentioned there are many ways to kill bosses and keep the raid alive as Holy in Flex.  If you come across anything else or want to revisit it again later on, just post  :)

Yeha i tested it in lfr, just to see how it feelt and it feelt really awkward to me and was might be the biggest reason, whit out fdcl i wont proc the set bonus sence binding heal never needs to be used in flex. Im testing whit more crit atm thu, cant really tell if it makes a diference or not right now.

Ya, it's a tough change to make from the Renew style, no doubt!  I agree that the extra Crit in LFR will be almost unnoticeable.  Alright, good luck with it, and I hope the RNG gods are good to you and you come across the 4pc!

yeha atm im just taking it easy whit holy, as i said erlier seems like i need to go shadow for when we go normal..atleast juging by the ppl we get to flex we have enugh healers...but thx for all the advise :)

Hi all - saw this thread and the helpful answers, so, if I may also ask for help, here goes...

I'm currently dual-specced holy/disc; my healer leader wants me holy, which works very well for Malkorok, but I don't seem to be anywhere close to where I need to be on any other boss - and I don't get why. I am using the rotations listed here, and am healing with a druid, a disc priest, a paladin, and a shaman.

Our logs from last night are here - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8gfwn4wnonpmgei3/ - my armory is here - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Maplefire/simple - any insight would be appreciated. I do change talents, glyphs, and chakras as needed.

Much appreciated.

***edit: I also read the "[holy]balancing haste..." thread and noticed I shouldn't be keeping the haste breakpoint of 4721 - I will try to reforge before tonight's raid for more crit to see if that will give me more of what I'm looking for...

Edited by Maplefire

Hi all - saw this thread and the helpful answers, so, if I may also ask for help, here goes...

I'm currently dual-specced holy/disc; my healer leader wants me holy, which works very well for Malkorok, but I don't seem to be anywhere close to where I need to be on any other boss - and I don't get why. I am using the rotations listed here, and am healing with a druid, a disc priest, a paladin, and a shaman.

Our logs from last night are here - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8gfwn4wnonpmgei3/ - my armory is here - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Maplefire/simple - any insight would be appreciated. I do change talents, glyphs, and chakras as needed.

Much appreciated.

***edit: I also read the "[holy]balancing haste..." thread and noticed I shouldn't be keeping the haste breakpoint of 4721 - I will try to reforge before tonight's raid for more crit to see if that will give me more of what I'm looking

first your glyphs Glyph of Circle of Healing is a must for holy. Glyph of Renew might be helpful with movement fight. .

you dont really use renew that often and that can up your healing a lot. there are a lot of fight that need a bit of movement and you have no way to heal them while moving. other then pom and that only heal if they take damage.

flash heal and greater heal are your go to spells for single target. i tend not to use Binding Heal because with the glyph, it up the mana usage of it( i think it around 8%) yes it dose heal a 3rd person but using all most 10% of my mana to heal 3 people is not good mana. usage for aoe heals poh and coh are your go to spells. along with pom

your best trink to use are Prismatic Prison of Pride and Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity, your back up trink is Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia. you should not be using Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth the cleave is not useful at all

your reforging is a bit off. your at 40% mast  but only 15% crit. how is your mana regen? it look a bit high but you need to come to a point that you are good with your mana regen and then go to other stats. over all you could reforge a bit over to crit.

ps you miss gemed a red slot in your head( should be intel/ mast) not pure intel

Edited by ClaytonMcKown
  • Like 1

holy is low end of the totem right now for healing.
i think there it goes like this
1 disc priest
2  druids and shams
3 pally
4 monk
5 holy priest
i

think pally and druids/shamans shuld change place..all cinds of bubbels goes before normal heals :P but that is just my experience :) :P

Much appreciated.

***edit: I also read the "[holy]balancing haste..." thread and noticed I shouldn't be keeping the haste breakpoint of 4721 - I will try to reforge before tonight's raid for more crit to see if that will give me more of what I'm looking for...

Not sure if you made any changes since the original post.  Just checked out your Armory and Logs so I'll go off of what I see right now.

Armory:

With your gear level you should be gemming for as much crit as you can get.  SoO gear has so much Mastery that you'll be gemming and reforging Crit as much as possible.  You'll want to have your Artful and Brilliant cuts replaced with Potent(INT/Crit) and you'll want to switch Zen with Misty cuts.  Your Major glyphs of Light/PoM/CoH look good but you are missing the one Minor glyph that offers anything for combat and that is the Sha Minor Glyph.  So pick one of the others and replace that, it will eliminate the GCD for that ability.

I'd suggest moving some talents around as well.  The go to raiding talents will have you taking Solace over FDCL because it will provide good synergy with the next change.  Twist of Fate is going to give you more output than DI and Solace will allow you to keep ToF uptime over 50% of the encounter.  As it is now, your logs only show 10 procs of DI per fight or less.  50-65% uptime on ToF will outweigh the DI loss. Desperate Prayer should be taken in place of ABulwark.  You'll need it to recover from good Void Shifts.  Being proactive w/ your positioning and an aware raider will prevent you from needing ABulwark, though I did see you proc it once  :*(, and DPrayer will give you mulitple CD's per encounter at your discretion.

Log:

I already mentioned your DI and ABulwark suggestions.  Your PoM uptime was 100%, way to go, that's great.  You'll want to stay in AoE Chakra for the entirety of encounters.  Long fights like Protectors you'll want to squeeze in multiple Divine Hymns instead of just one over an 8min span.  Also for 25m you'll want to pick up L90 Divine Start and use it on CD starting after the first desperate measure, instead of Halo.  Prior to the first Desperate Measure use DS to Min/Max and always stack a little farther back and aim it at Melee.   DS will also help you keep up ToF alongside Solace.  SoO encounters have quite a number of adds so hitting them with Solace at sub 35% to proc ToF will take some practice but DS will provide you with freebie procs as long as you keep aimed towards those needy little firestanders we call Melee while they cleave down adds on any given encounter. 

Sidenote, make sure that your UI shows all the debuffs that are included in a boss encounter.  If there are any missing please go in and add them manually.  As an example, Garrote during Protectors.  Once the raid starts getting covered in them, you'll want to focus your PoH Spam on the groups w/ 3+ Garrote targets and don't spread the wealth, you have plenty of help in the healing dept.  Have your UI track Echo of Light and pick 1 or 2 groups to keep the Buff refreshed on them once you get into the 4-5 people with Garrote.  It's also good practice to place your lightwell down as early as possible before the pull.  You want it to come off CD while the encounter is in progress as many times to get the most out of it.  IE: 90sec prepull, 90sec after the pull put it down again, rinse repeat.

All the extra Crit you'll be picking up from your reforging out of haste and your gem changes will translate into larger EoL numbers as well.  I didnt double check to see if it was you or the other priest, and I'll admit that these two fights are not the best judgment because of all the damage going out BUT the PoM targets 90% of the time should be tanks.  Exceptions to every rule of course, like He's Desperate Measure, but someone's PoM initial cast target is barely on the tanks.

Good luck with your next run and look forward to seeing some more competitive numbers!

Edited by Gwenymph

think pally and druids/shamans shuld change place..all cinds of bubbels goes before normal heals tongue.png but that is just my experience smile.pngtongue.png

it not been my experience but then again my server is low on pallys.

think pally and druids/shamans shuld change place..all cinds of bubbels goes before normal heals tongue.png but that is just my experience smile.pngtongue.png

Raidbots.com would agree with Clayton's list too.   >.<

Edited by Gwenymph

Gwenymph and Clayton, thank you both for your time and insight.

I was able to reduce my haste in favor of crit prior to yesterday's raid, and it seems my numbers were better than Tuesdays - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i5ddsvkdxhc63xjf/ - don't look at Nazgrim, please - I don't know what happened there :(

If I can re-gem prior to tonights raid, I'll post again tomorrow with Thurdays logs ... hopefully we'll see wonderful onward progression!

Question about talents and glyphs tho - I have been swapping out talents/glyphs depending on the fight  - should I still be looking at the Icy Veins raid notes for priests to determine which talent is best for each fight?

Again - appreciate the help

• Like 1

ya it does look like you have made some good progress. a few more tips. make sure you throw your POM out every time. in some of the fights, it look like you forget to toss it out as much as you should. again you dont renew at all. most of the fight have a lot of movement and yet no renew are going out. ex dark shamans. if your using the strat that most people are using( kite them in a circle) your moving a lot. so your missing out on a lot of chances to heal people.  yes i know there are 2 type of holy priest the ones that uses renew and one that dont. all i'm saying use all your tools ,that will help you a lot.

as for the talents the only one i would ever switch out is your level 75 and 90 and the 75 depend on how your raid taking damage.

for glyph i would keep the 3 you have for the most part any other are not that useful as the 3 you have

• Like 1

Gwenymph and Clayton, thank you both for your time and insight.

I was able to reduce my haste in favor of crit prior to yesterday's raid, and it seems my numbers were better than Tuesdays - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i5ddsvkdxhc63xjf/ - don't look at Nazgrim, please - I don't know what happened there sad.png

If I can re-gem prior to tonights raid, I'll post again tomorrow with Thurdays logs ... hopefully we'll see wonderful onward progression!

Question about talents and glyphs tho - I have been swapping out talents/glyphs depending on the fight  - should I still be looking at the Icy Veins raid notes for priests to determine which talent is best for each fight?

Again - appreciate the help

I can't remember what the notes suggests but here is what I use

Imm - Cascade(use it when you get the buff from the healing adds, more stacks the better)

Prot - DS

Noru - DS

Sha - Cascade

Gala - DS

Juggs - Halo

Sham - DS(we stack)  w/o combat replay from WarcraftLogs.com I cannot see which would work best w/ your strat

Naz - Cascade/Halo depends on how your raid handles Warsong

Malk - Halo

Spoils - DS

Thok - DS

Siege - Cascade or DS if using stack strat

Paragon - Cascade

Garrosh - DS

Edited by Gwenymph
  • Like 1

Clayton and Gwenymph, I was able to swap out most of my gems prior to the two fights for which I was in - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1d280kz0j2eui827/. Comparing these two boss fights to my previous two (same boss), there is noticeable improvement. biggrin.png

I will continue to work on this, and have written down your suggestions - again, *thank you* for all your help.

Edited by Maplefire
  • Like 1

Glad to hear you see an improvement!  That is great news.

PS:   Digging the new avatar

• Like 2