FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Desos

Question regarding Doomguard Targeting

Hi everyone,

after digging through some Logs from Klaxxi HC, I discovered that my precious Doomguard had cast 4 of his Doom Bolts on something else than my target/ the mob I had in target while I summoned him. 410k wasted on Hisek... meh

Is there a way to ensure he gets all his cast off on one target? 
FYI I don´t bother with CuE because we got 3 rogues 

No, there is not. 

Thanks for the clarification. 

I don´t like that he casts something exactly on the mob, for which I won´t go, even target, until maybe 6 minutes into the fight.

Edited by check0790

would it be better to summon your infernal on that fight so at least your aoeing all the mobs instead of your doomgaurd targeting the wrong one.

would it be better to summon your infernal on that fight so at least your aoeing all the mobs instead of your doomgaurd targeting the wrong one.

no__9gag__by_hujikari-d51hu4l.jpg

• Like 2

Be grateful your Doomguard at least changed his target.  I saw my Doomguard switch targets once in the middle of a fight and I broke down emotionally wondering if the world was about to end.

• Like 2

no__9gag__by_hujikari-d51hu4l.jpg

Locky... I think I love you man....

Be grateful your Doomguard at least changed his target.  I saw my Doomguard switch targets once in the middle of a fight and I broke down emotionally wondering if the world was about to end.

I had this happen to me once too. I always assumed that they used the spare time in council fights where they should be casting spells to contemplate the meaning of the universe, with their thumb up their ass. More often than not, I think he's trying to cure cancer during the opener for protectors....

• Like 1

Was just asking if you could correct his targeting behaviour, because if he spreads all his love, then he won´t be worth the global in the opener.

@Sargerik Locky forgot to mention, that 1. the Infernal sucks and 2. attacking council mobs, which will definitely heal to 100%, is wasted time/padding the meters

Was just asking if you could correct his targeting behaviour, because if he spreads all his love, then he won´t be worth the global in the opener.

@Sargerik Locky forgot to mention, that 1. the Infernal sucks and 2. attacking council mobs, which will definitely heal to 100%, is wasted time/padding the meters

He doesn't necessarily spread all his damage.... He's just weird as shit. TBH, I have no idea what blizz was thinking when they programmed his targeting algorithm, cause I can't seem to make sense of the logic he uses. Point being, he's still worth it to use. But don't expect him to be intelligent like an imp would be.... or maybe it's just not lazy.... either way.

I have no idea what blizz was thinking when they programmed his targeting algorithm...

They weren't.

A simple 'pet assist' baked in macro would have been sufficient.  Boom, hire me Blizz.

@Sargerik Locky forgot to mention, 

I didn't forget. I omitted because the question was so outrageously silly that it didn't warrant a response beyond what I gave.

They weren't.

A simple 'pet assist' baked in macro would have been sufficient.  Boom, hire me Blizz.

I nominate zagam! That's how this works, right? wink.png

IMO he already is not worth the global in the opener.  Skeer dies LONG before his duration is up.  I would use him later in the fight on a dps check that you do not have Heroism for so that his inability to target switch is less of a loss.  I use mine on the mob that mesmerizes with the kunchongs.

the only real dps check after Skeer is dead in this fight is Xaril, which my guild uses heroism for. the manipulator comes up most of the times when DS is ready/ PBI procced and our bear goes into skorpion, so we get max. 2 hypnosis. Since our kills are about 11:20 long, i thought, getting 2 Doomguards would be preferable to just getting one 

the only real dps check after Skeer is dead in this fight is Xaril, which my guild uses heroism for. the manipulator comes up most of the times when DS is ready/ PBI procced and our bear goes into skorpion, so we get max. 2 hypnosis. Since our kills are about 11:20 long, i thought, getting 2 Doomguards would be preferable to just getting one 

If you are not lusting on pull then Doomguard on Skeer would probably be a good choice.  Are you 25 man?

In 10 man, I honestly do not see the huge issue with Xaril outside of the tank getting purple and getting gibbed from behind and we've always had an external to get through that RNG if tank is picked.  Is Xaril more an issue in 25 due to the higher cluster of shit from more players or am I missing something?  I always found in our Kills ensuring we get the Manipulator down before somebody gets eaten was more critical.  Somebody being eaten and a mature add spawning in 10 seems like it would be significantly worse 10 than a players dieing in 25.  Is this why?

In 10 man, you have a few checks. 

1 - killing Skeer and having enough control on the 2nd set of bloods before he heals.  sometimes, he will be an RNG douchebag and spawn them early - this results in an unpreventable wipe.  this, however, is your first DPS check.

2 - spawning enough scorpions to allow mutated players to stay alive.  our DPS was good enough that we only had to spawn two sets.  this enabled our group to let one person eat 2.  if one person ate 2, all others only had to eat 1.  any leftover scorpions were killed before group split to DPS Korven and Hisek.  in 10 man, if two people eat 2, someone dies. 

3 - bringing Korven to 51-55% while Hisek/Ka'roz hit 50%.  the burn to kill Korven before the 2nd amber is the 2nd DPS check.  10 man must counter-balance DPS tightly - any 3-4% margin of error will cause a wipe.

4 - kill Hisek before he does a 2nd Aim.  this can be tricky because of timing from rest of encounter, but he should only get one Aim off.  the 2nd Aim should be mitigated with an avoidance tactic such as Feign Death or Spectral Guise or the amber use from one of the tanks clicking Korven's corpse.  10 mans can usually avoid this with RNG picking a Mage, Priest, or Hunter - much less likely in a 25 man unless class stacking.

5 - burn Xaril with Bloodlust before he does a 2nd Infusion mechanic.  Your raid should deal with Orange, Green, or Purple only one time.  if you were able to get to this point, you can enable your group to skip the 2nd mechanic.  if you fail at skipping the 2nd mechanic, someone didn't use their potion and all available cooldowns.

6 - kuchongs.  if you're near them, you're stupid.  if you're more than 40 yards away, you're stupid.  the sweet spot is being 40 yards away from them with the ability to quick snap damage to them.  each kuchong has a meter that fills as it does fixate - upon filling, it matures.  kuchongs and mature kuchongs are COMPLETELY predictable and should provide no situations that are bad.  also to note that anyone standing on a kuchong will instantly die and instantly create a mature kuchong even after their master is dead.  in 10 man, 3 non-stupid DPS can quickly push a kuchong out of Mesmerize in 3-4 seconds.

7 - when the last 3 are alive, all you have to do is avoid Whirling, Amber, Death From Above, and Reaving.  Everything else is super trivial.

25 would be clusterfucky for only two reasons - people standing in the wrong place dropping shit in bad places.  See examples:

Aim - if Aim goes somewhere soakers can't get to, target and some soakers die.

Ambers - if people are standing in the wrong place, Amber can complicate any phase. 

Xaril's shit - if people don't get to the walls with their mechanics and do them correctly, they complicate the phases. 

for 25 man, there are no other extra complications and all space issues can be resolved by having people stand in the right place at the right time and dodge trivial mechanics such as Whirling. 

• Like 2

yeah I raid 25 and we kill Hisek as #4, so we have a 5 man group(mostly mages, rogues and warriors) dedicated for soaking his aim, when he gets someone without a counter-abilitiy like wl, monk, rogue, priest, hunter. 

4 - kill Hisek before he does a 2nd Aim.  this can be tricky because of timing from rest of encounter, but he should only get one Aim off.  the 2nd Aim should be mitigated with an avoidance tactic such as Feign Death or Spectral Guise or the amber use from one of the tanks clicking Korven's corpse.  

hmm, I will suggest the amber use for Hiseks Aim. Everything our tanks do with it is stopping a mesmerized target from running.

Because we kill Hisek this late, we pull Skeer, Rikkal, Karoz and Korven to the entrance, range camp switching sides after every amber. For actually killing him, we move to the middle of the room, spreading the healers and ranges in groups on the sides of an imagined square to ensure a safe amber positioning.

Xaril is a pain in the ass for 25 man, orange fills up most of the space where you are in range to attack something in the middle. 

Since WLs got a great toolkit for this, I am on duty for kiting the Mature Kuchongs, if one of my raid mates decides to cuddle with an hungry one. It is actually really funny until you have to kite 2 kuchongs while targeted by Fiery Edge.

That's what I love about this group of people ask a silly question get an obvious answer. Thank you Locky I should have known better but that's what I get for switching from my lock to my bear tank....

In 10 man, you have a few checks. 

1 - killing Skeer and having enough control on the 2nd set of bloods before he heals.  sometimes, he will be an RNG douchebag and spawn them early - this results in an unpreventable wipe.  this, however, is your first DPS check.

2 - spawning enough scorpions to allow mutated players to stay alive.  our DPS was good enough that we only had to spawn two sets.  this enabled our group to let one person eat 2.  if one person ate 2, all others only had to eat 1.  any leftover scorpions were killed before group split to DPS Korven and Hisek.  in 10 man, if two people eat 2, someone dies. 

3 - bringing Korven to 51-55% while Hisek/Ka'roz hit 50%.  the burn to kill Korven before the 2nd amber is the 2nd DPS check.  10 man must counter-balance DPS tightly - any 3-4% margin of error will cause a wipe.

4 - kill Hisek before he does a 2nd Aim.  this can be tricky because of timing from rest of encounter, but he should only get one Aim off.  the 2nd Aim should be mitigated with an avoidance tactic such as Feign Death or Spectral Guise or the amber use from one of the tanks clicking Korven's corpse.  10 mans can usually avoid this with RNG picking a Mage, Priest, or Hunter - much less likely in a 25 man unless class stacking.

5 - burn Xaril with Bloodlust before he does a 2nd Infusion mechanic.  Your raid should deal with Orange, Green, or Purple only one time.  if you were able to get to this point, you can enable your group to skip the 2nd mechanic.  if you fail at skipping the 2nd mechanic, someone didn't use their potion and all available cooldowns.

6 - kuchongs.  if you're near them, you're stupid.  if you're more than 40 yards away, you're stupid.  the sweet spot is being 40 yards away from them with the ability to quick snap damage to them.  each kuchong has a meter that fills as it does fixate - upon filling, it matures.  kuchongs and mature kuchongs are COMPLETELY predictable and should provide no situations that are bad.  also to note that anyone standing on a kuchong will instantly die and instantly create a mature kuchong even after their master is dead.  in 10 man, 3 non-stupid DPS can quickly push a kuchong out of Mesmerize in 3-4 seconds.

7 - when the last 3 are alive, all you have to do is avoid Whirling, Amber, Death From Above, and Reaving.  Everything else is super trivial.

25 would be clusterfucky for only two reasons - people standing in the wrong place dropping shit in bad places.  See examples:

Aim - if Aim goes somewhere soakers can't get to, target and some soakers die.

Ambers - if people are standing in the wrong place, Amber can complicate any phase. 

Xaril's shit - if people don't get to the walls with their mechanics and do them correctly, they complicate the phases. 

for 25 man, there are no other extra complications and all space issues can be resolved by having people stand in the right place at the right time and dodge trivial mechanics such as Whirling. 

#1 - we were only spawning one set of parasites - we called wipes if we got a second.

#8 is how tightly and lovingly you can hug a kunchong.

• Like 1