FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Affliction Warlock 5.4

I have a question for a fight like Will. My main is a Boomkin but I do another raid on my lock. I feel like I'm missing out on something on some fights. Big thanks for the tips and tricks post for DoT refreshing. Has significantly increased my DPS.

On multi-add fights (Will and Garajal), would you use all dots on all the things? I feel like agony is a waste, and I don't like the UA cast time, but I know a combination of these is most likely going to be the best.

Help me out here please. Posted Image

Isn't Zagam covering this in his Warlock style threads?

Isn't Zagam covering this in his Warlock style threads?

I have. People are making it a habit of asking questions that are already answered. Not sure how to help them find the appropriate threads. They're pinned and all, although I have unpinned the T14 guides as they should become irrelevant quickly.

Guest Azremeth

Really surprised Glyph of Unstable Affliction isn't recommended as it reduces the cast time of Unstabel Affliction by 25% and can only be a plus when having to re-apply DOTs.

Really surprised Glyph of Unstable Affliction isn't recommended as it reduces the cast time of Unstabel Affliction by 25% and can only be a plus when having to re-apply DOTs.

Your UA cast is already below the global cooldown if you have decent gear. As Affliction, you should have substantial amounts of Haste so that the glyph will be of no benefit in PvE. It is intended to be a PvP buff only so that it is harder to interrupt against players.

I have. People are making it a habit of asking questions that are already answered. Not sure how to help them find the appropriate threads. They're pinned and all, although I have unpinned the T14 guides as they should become irrelevant quickly.

The energy it took to write both posts, you could have either linked the thread, or said "dot everything" or "only dot with x on y." With responses like these, you're no better than the WoW forums. Not mad or upset about it, but Icy Veins should try to distinguish itself a little better.

edit:

If you want to "help" your readers, why not trim everything prior to 5.0.4 (i.e. what you did in DS before pre-Mop Launch) out of those forum posts? Wading through all of the contradiction to today's thoughts is not helpful at all.

Edited by Cohumulone

Guest Jerea

The energy it took to write both posts, you could have either linked the thread, or said "dot everything" or "only dot with x on y." With responses like these, you're no better than the WoW forums. Not mad or upset about it, but Icy Veins should try to distinguish itself a little better.

I'll look elsewhere. Not even going to bother looking at the forums at this point.

So you're just going to abandon Icy Veins, much like you abandonded your guild Shattered Moon?

Guest Wickedsauce

Why no mention on Glyph of Unstable Affliction. It reduces the cast time by 25% now. Is this not at the least a recommended glyph for affliction warlocks? It is a dps gain.

Guest FriedDuck

Why no mention on Glyph of Unstable Affliction. It reduces the cast time by 25% now. Is this not at the least a recommended glyph for affliction warlocks? It is a dps gain.

Why would it be a dps gain ? you shouldn't let UA run out anyways...

It'd be cool if there was a feature that pulled up a quick search of using keywords in any post/new thread you made off to the side as you were writing a new post/thread. The search bar already available on every page is the passive/aggressive route Posted Image . It might dissuade a few redundant questions, but would probably be more trouble than its worth lol.

Edited by Cruzan

Guest Guest

Corruption was nerfed by 25% (as of 12.03.13) does this make affliction worse than the other speccs? demobology was also nerfed, does this make destro more viable?

Corruption was nerfed by 25% (as of 12.03.13) does this make affliction worse than the other speccs? demobology was also nerfed, does this make destro more viable?

Compare

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Throne_of_Thunder/Jin'rokh_the_Breaker/25H/Affliction_Warlock/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Throne_of_Thunder/Jin'rokh_the_Breaker/25H/Demonology_Warlock/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Throne_of_Thunder/Jin'rokh_the_Breaker/25H/Destruction_Warlock/

All specs look pretty good to me. Of course, you'd have to go through the other fights to see how they perform, but I think every spec is viable now.

Excellent guide as usual! Thank you so much. I think it would be helpful to add in the Enchants section where you have included Extra Enchantments, which account for special uses of specific professions - if you would include the engineering belt tinker. i believe your choice was the frag belt. any other favorites for a belt tinker? thanks for a fantastic guide! Posted Image

• Like 1

Is there a typo? Simcraft still uses Grimoire of Sacrifice as default Grimoire for affliction, not the Grimoire of Supremacy.

Excellent guide as usual! Thank you so much. I think it would be helpful to add in the Enchants section where you have included Extra Enchantments, which account for special uses of specific professions - if you would include the engineering belt tinker. i believe your choice was the frag belt. any other favorites for a belt tinker? thanks for a fantastic guide! Posted Image

Many thanks :) Sorry for noticing your message so late. I've added that to our TODO list and hopefully, I'll get to add it in the next couple of weeoks.

Is there a typo? Simcraft still uses Grimoire of Sacrifice as default Grimoire for affliction, not the Grimoire of Supremacy.

This is not a typo. Here's what Gahddo and Evrelia said.

Grimoire of Sacrifice is a purely single target increase (and in some gear sets, not even then). The only fight that can be considered single target in ToT is Jinrokh. Supremacy is the default talent choice for 99.9% of Affli Warlocks right now since it's better on basically every fight in ToT.

Currently, in SimC, Grimoire of Sacrifice gives 223024 and Grimoire of Supremacy gives 222595 (with the Tier 15H profile).

• Like 1

5.5. Mana Management

wow_icon_warlock_sacrificial_pact.jpg Sacrificial Pact is a Tier 3 talent that sacrifices 50% of your demon's health (or 50% of your health if you have no demon) to create an absorption shield on you for 200% of the sacrificed health

Should be 25% demon/your health to shield for 400% of the sacrificed health.

It is correctly described under the talents section.

• Like 1

• 10 Sep. 2013: Patch 5.4: removed wow_icon_trade_engineering.jpg Frag Belt, following its nerf, and reflected the changes in stat priority (Mastery > Haste).

i was just curious to hear what other warlock engineers are using in place of the frag belt for a waist slot tinker.      thanks! smile.png

Edited by menace97

thank you liquidteeel, they certainly are fun!. i have noticed that am losing a stun which came with the frag belt (albeit, not a very long or effective one, but something to disrupt spells/attacks) - i have gone back to using the frag belt. what do you all think about having this extra ability to disrupt that only engineers can have. is it worth it? maybe i've become to used to it. :)

thanks!

Sorry I never got back to you on this menace.

I would say that the frag belt stun is not worth it due to Diminishing Returns.

A well co-ordinated raid group (even 10 man with fewer stuns) should not need the extra stun. You have plenty of CC with shadowfury and a single target interrupt if necessary.

The extra speed can be invaluable both in saving your life and helping with mechanics / reducing dps down time.

Ultimately the frag belt is still an option though, it's not a huge deal.

• Like 1

Guest Lynn T. Wheeler

Thank you, I simplified it a bit and added it to the guide smile.png

Hate to disappoint this but it did not work. only one spell "Agony" was casting instead of three. 

Guest samnutter

Right I've been trying out different methods to increase my dps and so far the best option has been reforge all to haste. I currently have 60.09% mastery and 17.06% haste and at 530ilvl I do about 80-140k DPs

Guest Zelgunn

• Green: your current stats are better, recasting will have a full benefit of wow_icon_spell_shadow_painfulafflictions Pandemic;
  • Blue: your current stats are significantly better, recasting will not have a full benefit of wow_icon_spell_shadow_painfulafflictions Pandemic;
  • Yellow: your current stats are worse, recasting will have a full benefit of wow_icon_spell_shadow_painfulafflictions Pandemic;
  • Red: your current stats are worse or a little better, recasting will not have a full benefit of wow_icon_spell_shadow_painfulafflictions Pandemic.

I feel like it the setence after the coma line 2&3 should be inverted. I mean, if my stats are better, why would it be worse and if they are worse, why would it be better ? tongue.png

I feel like it the setence after the coma line 2&3 should be inverted. I mean, if my stats are better, why would it be worse and if they are worse, why would it be better ? tongue.png

Thank you for reporting this. I ended up deleting this list, because the last 2 items didn't make much sense. They were straight from the documentation for AffDots, though.

Sign in to follow this