FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Demonology Warlock 5.4

Guest JBees

Another question here, as I try to catch up with 5.4 changes.

Ask Mr. Robot is suddenly recommending crit reforges and gems, and is prioritizing crit over haste or mastery (as I do not have the Unerring trinket. Noxxic is now showing a Demo stat priority of Intellect > Spell Hit (15%) > Haste (Breakpoint) > Crit >= Mastery. This guide still shows crit as the lowest priority stat.

I'm fairly new to 'locks, but understood crit to be a poor stat for us prior to 5.4, as we gain so much more from mastery and haste. I don't necessarily expect all guides to agree, but I am feeling a little confused about crit and its value for Demo 'locks at this point. Thank you in advance for any light you can shed on this for me.

Guest Munn

What is with the 2 Set Boni from new Set!?

Soulfire give 20% more dmg to the pets.

maybe is Chaoswave now bedder?

sry for my eng biggrin.png

What is with the 2 Set Boni from new Set!?

Soulfire give 20% more dmg to the pets.

maybe is Chaoswave now bedder?

sry for my eng biggrin.png

I'm sorry, I don't think we covered them in the Warlock section of the forums! Zagam has been slacking. Here are the set bonuses;

ability_rogue_feigndeath.jpgItem - Warlock T16 2P Bonus

• Conflagrate critical strikes have a 20% chance to  increase the critical strike chance of Immolate and Incinerate by 10%.
  • Unstable Affliction critical hits have a 50% chance to increase all damaging effects of Malefic Grasp and Drain Soul by 15% for 10 sec.
  • Soul Fire has a 20% chance to increase you and your pet's damage dealt by 20%.

ability_rogue_feigndeath.jpgItem - Warlock T16 4P Bonus

• When a Burning Ember fills up, your critical strike chance is increased by 15% for 5 sec.
  • Haunt has a 10% chance to refund its shard when expiring.
  • Shadow Bolt and Touch of Chaos have a 8% chance to also cast Hand of Gul'dan at the target.

Guest Nickich

Hi man's.

My lvl gear 544 - i dont know use Trinkest - UVLS>MEGERA>or Cha>Wushu?>or UVLS>CHA> UVLS/Wushu?

Please help

Many of these questions (i.e., what should I do with my warlock) belong in the Warlock forums, where we'll actually see them to answer them more frequently than once a month. :D

5.7. Mana Management

wow_icon_warlock_sacrificial_pact.jpg Sacrificial Pact is a Tier 3 talent that sacrifices 50% of your demon's health (or 50% of your health if you have no demon) to create an absorption shield on you for 200% of the sacrificed health

Should be 25% demon/your health to shield for 400% of the sacrificed health.

It is correctly described under the talents section.

Edited by Rakupenda

5.7. Mana Management[/size]

wow_icon_warlock_sacrificial_pact.jpg[/size][/size] Sacrificial Pact[/size] is a Tier 3 talent that sacrifices 50% of your demon's health (or 50% of your health if you have no demon) to create an absorption shield on you for 200% of the sacrificed health[/size]

Should be 25% demon/your health to shield for 400% of the sacrificed health.[/size]

It is correctly described under the talents section.[/size]

That's been fixed in the Demonology guide too smile.png

Guest Clambake

Ask Mr. Robot is suddenly recommending crit reforges and gems, and is prioritizing crit over haste or mastery (as I do not have the Unerring trinket. Noxxic is now showing a Demo stat priority of Intellect > Spell Hit (15%) > Haste (Breakpoint) > Crit >= Mastery. This guide still shows crit as the lowest priority stat.

I'm fairly new to 'locks, but understood crit to be a poor stat for us prior to 5.4, as we gain so much more from mastery and haste. I don't necessarily expect all guides to agree, but I am feeling a little confused about crit and its value for Demo 'locks at this point. Thank you in advance for any light you can shed on this for me.

I would also like an aster to this

Could honestly spend all week reforging/regemming for demo and getting statistically indistinguishable logs with different stat priorities. Boils down to how good you are at proc/meta watching, latency, preferred playstyle, etc.

Crit stack is for maximizing Doom crits and getting more imps for more DF. Haste is faster playstyle and mastery (as I see it) just reduces variance across given fights in terms of damage. 

Before Zagam says it: the stats will not contribute to your DPS output as much as proper play. You can sim and test with various gems/reforges for all lock specs at the moment and the difference will be equivalent to RNG on RPPM procs/mechanics leading to downtime.

Pick stats based on preferred style of play/personal latency.

Guest Axsedor

Hello

I'm sorry, I do not speak English - so I use online translator.

Perhaps the question was raised, but I have not found.
On the page "Demonology Warlock DPS Gems, Enchants, Professions, and Consumables (WoW MoP 5.4)" indicated in red sockets use the stones with "Expertise".

Tell me please, this is a mistake or demo warlock need "Expertise"?

Hello

I'm sorry, I do not speak English - so I use online translator.

Perhaps the question was raised, but I have not found.

On the page "Demonology Warlock DPS Gems, Enchants, Professions, and Consumables (WoW MoP 5.4)" indicated in red sockets use the stones with "Expertise".

Tell me please, this is a mistake or demo warlock need "Expertise"?

Expertise contributes to the spell hit cap for casters.

Sign in to follow this