FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Moonglen

Level 100 Boomkin Talents potentially OP?

Hey my fellow druids and druidetts! So I was doing a little snooping around on some of the talent changes and additions coming in WoD, and had a small heart attack when I saw the level 100 Balance talents. Some of them seem pretty reasonable, while others seem borderline absurd. I'm going to go over each in detail, and then offer my feedback as to why I think they are good/bad/or just plain insane. I welcome you all to offer your opinions as well, I'd like to see what others have to say.

1. Touch of Elune

Okay, well I couldn't figure out how to link the actual talent itself for a mouse-over, but I will link word for word the talent below:

Touch of Elune (Passive)

• Passive

• Balance
    Sunfall
    Passive
    Entering Solar Eclipse will transform your Starfall spell in Sunfall and reset its cooldown.

Okay, seems fairly straightforward. Just like starfall, only we now get it when entering solar as well. Seems like a decent AoE boost, but not too outrageously overpowered or anything. I personally like this one, it adds flavor to the rotation without breaking the class mechanics.

2. Will of Malfurion

Will of Malfurion (Passive)

• Passive

• Balance
    Zenith
    Channeled
    Targets all enemies within 60 yards and accelerates the caster's Moonfire and Sunfire effects, causing them to deal damage at 400% of the normal rate for 4 sec.

Okay now this one seems pretty interesting, not just another button to press in a set rotation, but rather a choice to be made that looks like it could yield some pretty cool results. I'm thinking that this is going to be particularly powerful when the situation calls for popping Celestial Alignment, DoT'n anything and everything, and then burning them all off for some pretty hefty AoE damage. All in all I can see where this would be pretty cool depending on the scenario, and I definitely like the fact that it gives you a choice rather than just more buttons to mash.

3. Might of Malorne

Might of Malorne (Passive)

• Passive

• Balance
    Equinox
    Passive
    Lunar and Solar Eclipse now last until the other is triggered, instead of ending at 0 Balance Power.

*Reading* "Uhh-huh, yeah, okay.... WAIT WHAT!? Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be fired immediately! This talent seems unfathomably, unimaginably overpowered. As an end game geared, highly experienced Boomkin, I know that you throw out crazy amounts of starsurges with the levels of crit that we have started to achieve. Now imagine that they ALL do boosted eclipse damage... And both DoTs will virtually ALWAYS be eclipsed boosted. Now we get into the utterly insane part of this. This talent alone will make Dream of Cenarious unbelievably powerful, since casting a what 1-2 second healing touch (less if you NS it), will give you the entire 100>0 of boosted damage ON TOP of your already boosted eclipsed damage itself. I personally, as I'm sure most end game Boomkins do, love the idea of being an unstoppable cannon of death and destruction (with feathers), but this is just too much! Maybe I'm wrong, and that with the stat re balances and whatnot that this talent won't be as strong as I think, but judging from what I know now about the way my class works, this sounds like a BIG mistake.

There you have it guys, just my insight into the level 100 Boomkin talents, I can't wait to hear what you guys think biggrin.png    

•  
Edited by Moonglen

Welpppp, doesn't look like people had much to say about this, but if you're still lurking around the forums here is a thing or two to take into consideration. (I was googling about boomkins in WoD and came across this... and yeah, I know it's been a while since it was posted and stuff has changed since then)

For Might of Malorne's Equinox, I don't think anyone really knows much about Nature's Grace (much less uptime supposedly) and how Euphoria will affect the rate of hitting each new eclipse because you won't be gaining double solar/lunar power.

As for the Will of Malfurion channel talent being changed into Insect Swarm, I don't have much to say because it has been such a long time since I have played a balance druid, but being able to get you to each new eclipse faster seems pretty cool. That's in conjunction with gaining another DoT to hopefully have a pretty good uptime on so that you can keep hitting new eclipses quickly, as well as the DoT being instant cast... and just doing a lot of damage per execution to top it all off (assuming they wont keep it as weak as I am seeing it on wowhead's talent calculator).

In my personal (and rather uneducated opinion in terms of boomkins), SotF, DoC, and the Sunfall talents seem like they'll synergize quite well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this