Ticktock

Fury Warrior Help

11 posts in this topic

Hi All,

After some advice and help.  

I have recently started playing WOW again after a 2 year break from the game. 

I have decide to make my mains my warrior Fury and Prot Spec and my Shammy Enhancement and Resto Spec.

I have having trouble reaching any kind of decent DPS in Raids at the moment to the point where i am feeling guilty i am letting the raid down. 

my rotation at present is as follows

Without Colossus Smash.

Charge

Heroic Strike

Bladestorm

Bloodthirst 

Berzerker rage

Raging Blow

Heroic Throw

Stormbolt

With Colossus smash

Heroic Strike 

Bloodthirst 

Raging blow

Wild strike

Is this how I should be attacking?

I seem to have problems getting my Raging BLow and Wild Strike to pop to i am getting out DPS'd by Arms warriors in greens at the moment

I have included a link to my armory page i am hoping that it is just my terrible gear that is letting my DPS down. 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/Ticksmash/advanced

Please help if you can. 

Cheers 

At the moment, your gear is really bad. You're way over hits and expertise caps, your gear is not gemmed, enchanted or reforged, and it's probably as badly itemized as it can. I would suggest you either a) get better itemized pieces (You need *a lot* more crit) or b) play arms until you get better gear. As far as enchanting, reforging and gemming goes, I would suggest askmrrobot.com.

On top of that, it doesn't seem you have the rotation quite right. The Fury warrior rotation guide here on Icy-Veins is very thorough and detailed, you should take the time to read it, and come back here if you have any specific questions about the rotation. 

-rage

well first

1. Hit Rating (until 7.5%);
  2. Expertise Rating Rating (until 7.5%);

not 10% and 15%. not enchanted or reforged. im guessing you are holding off tell you get way better gear. as for the rotation i would suggest going arms tell you can gear up better the rotation is simple and easy. yes fury does more dps but the rotation is hard to master.at least untell you get better geared

Hi Ragebarr, Hi ClaytonMckown,

Thanks for the replies. I think i am going to give Arms a go for a while and see how i go. I know i need heaps better gear and after being out of WOW for 2 years i am miles behind where i would like to be. 

I'll reforge some of my gear, and gem and enchant according to askmrrobot. 

It's been a struggle finding people that will tell you anything i came back after 2 years and my level 25 guild has 2 people left in it and my server is dead. I'll be transfering servers later this month. 

thanks for the advice I'll keep you posted. 

ya arms is way easyer. but you did come back at a good time with the new expansion coming out soon. i play arms war myself. and it a easy rotation. :)

Yeah that's what i was thinking great time to come back. 

I have been reading the Arms rotation. 

1. Use your wow_icon_ability_warrior_battleshout.jpg Battle Shout or wow_icon_ability_warrior_rallyingcry.jpg Commanding Shout and your potion (3 seconds before the pull).
  2. Begin casting wow_icon_ability_warrior_shatteringthrow Shattering Throw (1.5 seconds before the pull).
  3. Use wow_icon_ability_warrior_charge.jpg Charge.
  4. Use wow_icon_ability_warrior_savageblow.jpg Mortal Strike.
  5. Use wow_icon_ability_warrior_dragonroar.jpg Dragon Roarwow_icon_ability_warrior_bloodbath.jpg Bloodbath, and wow_icon_warrior_skullbanner.jpg Skull Banner (also use wow_icon_trade_engineering.jpg Synapse Springs and your DPS-increasing racial ability, if applicable).
  6. Use wow_icon_ability_warrior_colossussmash.j Colossus Smash and wow_icon_ability_criticalstrike.jpg Recklessness.
  7. Use wow_icon_ability_warrior_decisivestrike. Slam.
  8. Use wow_icon_ability_warrior_savageblow.jpg Mortal Strike.
  9. Use wow_icon_ability_warrior_decisivestrike. Slam.
  10. Use wow_icon_ability_warrior_decisivestrike. Slam.

Now this is going to seem stupid but what i am guessing from this is when i charge in at the start of the boss fight 

i hit mortal strike pop all the cooldowns i have hit colossus smash hit slam mortal strike and them slam slam and then do i just rinse and repeat?

Gear looks much better. If you can't afford Dancing Steel on your weapon, take windsong at least.

The rotation part you just linked is the opening rotation only. It only represent the first few seconds of a pull. The actual rotation is in sections 1.1 and 1.2 of the Arms guide. (The one you copied there is 5.2 if i recall correctly)

You actually got that backwards. When CS is up on your target, Mortal Strike > Slam > Overpower. When CS isn't up: Mortal Strike > Colossus Smash > Slam (If and only if you have 80+ rage) > Overpower > Slam

You actually got that backwards. When CS is up on your target, Mortal Strike > Slam > Overpower. When CS isn't up: Mortal Strike > Colossus Smash > Slam (If and only if you have 80+ rage) > Overpower > Slam

your right.

Edited by ClaytonMcKown