TLTeo

[General] Mage Weak Auras

28 posts in this topic

Since there isn't much discussion about Weak Auras in the Mage forum, and it's such a powerful and useful addon, i figured i'd start a thread about it by sharing mine.

Because i like my ui's to be as clean as possible, i decided to have a very small area at the center of the screen that displays everything i need to execute my rotations correctly.

This is what my Weak Auras look like when playing Frost:

fuLO9vu.jpg

And for Arcane:

22zhEDc.jpg

All the important cd's and procs (except the meta gem and cloak procs because i don't have them yet >.>) are at the left of the screen.

At the top i keep the timers on my Runes when i play Arcane.

The disk at the center is a timer on the duration of my Mage Bomb on my target for Living Bomb and Nether Tempest, and a cooldown timer for Frost Bomb. The small circle around is is the GCD (which starts full and becomes black just like the bomb one).

The smaller disk on the left is either my Fingers of Frost or Arcane Missiles procs, with a stack counter on top.
The disk on the right is my Brain Freeze procs or my Arcane Charge stack counts. All of these are progress textures, so they empty as the proc timer goes down.

I also monitor my Invoker's Energy or Rune of Power through a flashy 3d model, as well as my cooldown on Frozen Orb (which i forgot to screenshot). This is what happens when i have 3 or less seconds left on Invoker's Energy:

AuBBK3b.jpg

And when Invoker's or Rune of Power aren't up:

8Ku8Wsh.jpg

Finally, i have extra textures for my 2t16, as well as for when my target is frozen:

Pm5O9S3.jpg

v1TcfYw.jpg

I also have Fire auras set up, but i don't play fire right now so they are pretty unused. It's essentially identical, only on the right i put Heating Up, and on the left Hot Streak.

Here's a pastebin to the whole thing: http://pastebin.com/H7REikAx

I take no credit at all for these auras. I copied the proc layout from Kait's UI (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info22309-KaitRestov2.html#info) and the Rune timers from Youtube:

Berlinia's Hammer: The RoP aura given does not work, check on comments for the working one.

Edited by Berlinia
1 person likes this

Tried to import this but it did not work in WA2

Edited by y4ngel

The RoP auras is really nice, im gunna pinch that! ty for sharing.

Edited by durrtygoodz

The RoP auras is really nice, im gunna pinch that! ty for sharing.

How did you get it to work? I tried to copy and paste the whole thing from his Pastepin and then importing, gave me a few error messages. 

Tried to import this but it did not work in WA2

You must be doing something wrong, all these are made in WA2.

I went to the pastebin link, copied the whole thing and attempted to import it. I get an error saying

WeakAuras

Error deserializing

... \AddOns\Ace3\AceSerializer-

3.0\AceSerializer-3.0.lua:223: Invalid

AceSerializer table format (no table end marker)

edit: Googled the issue and it seems like the error might be on your end? Is it possible to try to upload the string to a new pastebin? I just recently updated my WA2 a few days ago.

Edited by y4ngel

Got the same error :(

Thanks for trying though, if you want to you can try to add me on RealID and send the string to me through that. Thanks

GwiiGwii#1155

Could anybody provide me with a weakaura for KTT/PBoI/META that displays the ICD remaining on PBoI?  I have always been more on a TellMeWhen type of guy, but am going to test out WA.

dOdseaGAiQA9uPyxsiVgszMsPAUuPYSvv3uf4BkHDQu7fTBO2pK0pvrnmP43uCBsmuvIbdjgovCqvqxw4yeLZjLSqiYsHOSyPuwoHhQc1tbpMs9CsnrQuAQsAYu10fDrjQRcrLNrLCDISrjOdlvBMK2Us0FvsNwXNvLVlbMMe5suPQrdPA8QKoPeQBPc5AevNxLABqyCQilJsMYyLqNvMe0eeUAwqqHGNGNvc64REXm4KasNR1Zh0E5cReeXBm46Ttq4jmsoeWskvX8EHqZTmcJNWokavuSi8nDpReeMFWkbfPFoSYKjtcXvNo2hE2gtc2SYTmwjKI59cbReSL0Przf9XheYrj8eWDLqZk3Yiu

1 person likes this

I'm really interested in this as I'm quite minimalistic and the current ones are just too messy, But it does not work and it seems the reason is WA2 cannot understand script past a certain length no matter how correct it may be, I found someone else who had a similar problem and they split it up : http://www.sacredduty.net/2012/10/23/tankadin-weakauras-strings-5-0-5/

So the best way to make this work I'd say would be to split up the different specs Frost - Arcane  .. So on, Separate import code for each.

Thanks! Looking forwards to using this. : ]

* You could also try uploading your addon and the saved data for it so we don't have to import, Not sure if you can though.

Edited by Zero

I'm really interested in this as I'm quite minimalistic and the current ones are just too messy, But it does not work and it seems the reason is WA2 cannot understand script past a certain length no matter how correct it may be, I found someone else who had a similar problem and they split it up : http://www.sacredduty.net/2012/10/23/tankadin-weakauras-strings-5-0-5/

So the best way to make this work I'd say would be to split up the different specs Frost - Arcane  .. So on, Separate import code for each.

Thanks! Looking forwards to using this. : ]

* You could also try uploading your addon and the saved data for it so we don't have to import, Not sure if you can though.

If you are interested in some more mage-specific WA strings, you should visit Altered-time.com.  They have a really big thread specifically for people to share the WA they use.  I found a lot of good ones there.

I looked, Can't see anything in particular that I'm interested in, This particular one is what I'm looking for so keen on being able to use it.
  Pity you can't add it manually.

The time to death aura is amazing

The time to death aura is amazing

Seriously, this was the best one I found! It's been SO useful when planning my second Icy Veins/Alter Time use in a fight.

The weakaura he refers to in the youtube video you linked is flawed and unnecessarily complicated.

Your runes operate as shaman totems in the same way Warriors skull and demo banners do

Add the following trigger: Status -> Totem -> Earth

For the next rune, use Fire totem.

dWZigaGEiuTlbvBJkAMIQ8BsMnKUTOCtPKoTqFtLAzQs7KQ2lA3kSFOQFcL(luyCQWLLmubLbdvgUioiesNccLJjvNtj1cfvwQQWIPcwUIEieXtbpwkEoHjcb1uj1Kfy6uUiu0vHa9mr66QQnkiFMO2mvA7sj(iePtcrnnI8DrvnsiGdRuJwjz8sPUeeIBPk6AQOZRedtLmkiiVMk0StnHn10iii8g(v43eYieqiGAcTX66kkJ(Nod)4iDDV3tFp6VNewW66kkJHEENECl1xF0VV63Pss09PKeHzjhvd9ssrqEQ(jeefQByQ4WiKdRwJT18WmKMq1ozpcQa6aHXptpJYY1uqFNqmGWJ)OWJt5IhxyQ8Rjbu1oGActfArnHSpQfPMgnA0i0qn9DQj0gRRROm6VLi8h2mklxtQjykRY0ljf9V0i0OuObQ8hmhHyJAqhi4Qgwi0TSGaweuNhYEmj0OqvtQPVtFN(x670NsFNEj670im(z6zuwUMc67eSzuwUMutWwskccBBFbHQLAye0kRYiykRY0ljf9Ve(IcJ)iAmhH)OAPggH93ue(IcdtzvMEjPyocnFHPYWyvmOiyXSkGgbh2tKOqvtQP)LHoKUVtDkDDjj58TFTMUpppPpLHoC2pCEMkDjDM6u6(GUpppPxIHoUtV797(X7161sNoP7ZZuAesMk5zjeHnRMOiQg0FravTdOMWxuy0GUfcMJWuHwuti7JArQPrJqd6wiOMGioKrlcTIOiftA0ieefjO7fW2nokiGhhHzjhvd9ssry)NBh2tciUsLr)v4PPewvr5vg99dcw12(ZIqi0Trqy7ghfirnSDCKvdJaYEazegtcbrrc6ErxTThr5vgb84iedi84pk846eYpgyRO)98IWcwxxrz0VMqquKGUx0vBlVY1iGhhIKGhhc94pk84ErmccB34OimvCyeYHvRX26dKrkcOPr)l1eAJ11vug93seAuk0av(dMJWFyZOSCnPMGPSktVKu03PrWvnSqOBzbbSiOopK9ysiiksq3l6QTLx5AeWJdrsWJdHE8hfECDeJGnJYY1KAc2ssrqyB7liuTudJGwzvgbtzvMEjPOVt4pQwQHry)nfHVOW4pIgZr4lkmmLvz6LKI5i08fMkdJvXGIGfZQaAeCyprIcvnPM(xg6q6(o1P01LKKZ3(1A6(88K(ug6Wz)W5zQ0L0zQtP7d6(88KEjg64o9U3V7hVxRxlD6KUpptPrizQKNLqe2SAIIOAq)fHgfQAsn9D670)sFN(u670lrFNgbu1oGAcFrHrd6wiyoctfArnHSpQfPMgncnOBHGAcI4qgTi0kIIumPrJWQkkVYOVFqiiksq3lGTBCuqapocZsoQg6LKIW(p3oSNecIIe09IUABpIYRmc4XraXvQm6VcpnLGvTT)SiecDBee2UXrbsudBhhz1WiGShqgHXKqmGWJ)OWJ7Lq(XaBf9VNxewW66kkJ(0oHXptpJYY1uqFNqSrnOdee2UXrryQ4WiKdRwJT1hiJueqtJgHwOVl1VOrca

You're welcome

Would be nice if the Original Poster would check the replies sometime, Especially since the WeakAura import code he's put in does not work for anyone.

Holy crap i had no idea this thread would actually be alive. I haven't been paying attention to IV in forever since im taking a break from raiding until WoD, sorry about that. Glad to see Berlinia took care of stuff.

@Shedim: oh, thanks. I didn't create that aura, nice to know there's an easier way to do stuff.

Im here to cover :)

1 person likes this

Hello!

I have played a frost mage pretty much exclusively forevers. It's my favorite and I will continue to play it. However, after raiding 2x per week since MoP, I am interested in learning a new thing. Why not fire! Yes, I will need to get a new outfit to match this spec, but that's another thread.... 

Anywho!

I am working hard to get my fancy fire mage rotation down. The whole heating up, pyroblast!, and combustion tips and tricks listed on this website are awesome. It's just going to take me more practice. I was hoping someone could help me develop weak auras so I can start "getting it right" with my rotation and putting it more to muscle memory.

Anyone have something like that?

Hello!

I have played a frost mage pretty much exclusively forevers. It's my favorite and I will continue to play it. However, after raiding 2x per week since MoP, I am interested in learning a new thing. Why not fire! Yes, I will need to get a new outfit to match this spec, but that's another thread.... 

Anywho!

I am working hard to get my fancy fire mage rotation down. The whole heating up, pyroblast!, and combustion tips and tricks listed on this website are awesome. It's just going to take me more practice. I was hoping someone could help me develop weak auras so I can start "getting it right" with my rotation and putting it more to muscle memory.

Anyone have something like that?

What are you exactly looking for?

I would like to see if there is an aura that will help prompt me to do some of the things found here. Here are some of the things I'm fumbling with:

IGNITE & COMBUSTION

1. Always remembering to keep Ignite refreshed

• Highlighting the fireball icon that reminds to filler cast w/ fireball at the target? Or inferno blast if it is off cool down? Does that seem accurate for the majority of situations?

2. Cast combustion with a high ignite. 

• This one feels trickier based on the options to create a situation w/ high ignite, so need ideas on best way for WA to prompt me here.

PYROBLAST & HEATING UP

3. Utilize the Heating Up & Pyroblast buffs for maximum damage

• This one is by far the one I'm struggling the most with right now. I'm at the stabbing buttons part hoping I get it right, but I feel like having a WA that guides me a little more in the moment will help me get the hang of it. 

Looking for feedback, input, and instruction on the best way to go about it in general as I try to wrap my head around fiery awesome. My frost mage rotation, with all its nuances, is so absolutely committed to memory that this feels like learning a new skill. smile.png

Edited by kiasays