FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
M2evorah

Golden Cards - Disenchanting

HI!

Just a simple question please.

I could not find the webpage with the answer, so I ask here.

Somewhere it says that golden cards are just cosmetic.

Then, in-game, I saw a hint that actually disenchanting a golden card can yield more arcane dust.

So, now, I have 4 same cards: 2 are "normal" cards, and the other 2 are the same cards but golden.

Also, I can have maximum 2 of those cards in a deck.

If the above are true, can I safely disenchant the 2 same golden cards to have some nice arcane dust?

PS: I am not interested in the cosmetic effects. That is, the golden frame, and the animation in the picture of the golden cards.

Cheers!

Edited by CCCT

You can disenchant gold cards that are copies of cards from the common deck. You can't disenchant gold soulbound cards that you get by leveling up a class, the golden E.T.C or  the Gelbin Mekkatorque. 

• Like 2

You can disenchant gold cards that are copies of cards from the common deck. You can't disenchant gold soulbound cards that you get by leveling up a class, the golden E.T.C or  the Gelbin Mekkatorque.

Thanks!

OK... I see...

I actually was referring to 2 gold cards that I got just by leveling up a class. So I cannot disenchant those...

I haven't disenchanted any cards yet, so I don't know how to start...

Do I get it correctly then, if I assume, that a good way to start, is by disenchanting then, the normal versions of those gold cards that I have?

Can I disenchant those normal versions of the gold cards that I got by leveling up a class?

PS: What is golden E.T.C that you mentioned?

Cheers!

Edited by CCCT

When you go into your card collection you can click on the Crafting Mode button at the top. The game will automatically track how many of the same card you have and will offer to disenchant anything over the 2 card limit (because outside of the arena you can't have more than 2 of any card in your deck). 

Do I get it correctly then, if I assume, that a good way to start, is by disenchanting then, the normal versions of those gold cards that I have?   If the card is soulbound you won't be able to. For instance my mage deck as normal and golden Arcane Intellects. However I can't disenchant either versions of the card because this card is part of the very basic version of the Mage deck and therefore soulbound. 

The golden Elite Tauren Chieftain is a reward for those who purchased Bliizcon tickets or the Virtual Pass to Blizzcon. The regular one can be obtained by crafting. Summoning Mr.E.T.C givers both players a chance to draw 1 of 3 possible cards (similar to Ysera). You can learn more about him and his random card draw here:

http://www.hearthhead.com/card=1754/elite-tauren-chieftain#comments

To simplify further, no rarity gem, no disenchant. Disenchanting golden versions, usually get you enough to create any regular version of the same rarity. For example, disenchanting a golden rare usually gets you 100 dust, which you can use to create any normal rare. However soulbound cards (like Gelbin Mekkatorque) cannot be disenchanted.

To simplify it further, no rarity gem or soulbound = no disenchant. 

To simplify it further, no rarity gem or soulbound = no disenchant.

Yes thanks a lot.

I went into the game and saw what you are saying.

In my humble opinion though, it would be better if we could disenchant at least the normal versions of cards for which we have 2 gold copies.

It would give a sense of achievement and progress to the player, and also the collection would be more compact and short. Or then, what is the logic behind having 4 same cards when you can use only 2 of them?

Lol right. Hopefully that is something they will take a look at in the future

Lol right. Hopefully that is something they will take a look at in the future

OK. I am gonna request this as a future patch.

Please, do you know where I can send my wish request to Blizzard?