FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Rhoanbirch

Fairly new disc looking for advice

'At minimum, (and I think you are better than that and your logs support you), using PWS for Rapture on LMG procs will net you positive mana and increase your output on every fight. '

Just re read your advice in prep for tonight's raid. I'm slightly confused about what exactly you mean here. You say using PWS for rapture on LGM procs. Do you save your rapture for LGM to get a gain in mana?  

I'm sure this seems like a stupid/noob question to you, but could you clear this up for me. (My instinct would be that you would not save rapture for LGM procs, but if they line up, it  is a happy coincidence)

Sorry to bother you on a Sunday!

Edited by Rhoanbirch

Happy Easter

It is largely preferred to proc Rapture on CD.  I was just saying, if you only casted PWS when your LMG procced (using your Lucidity WA as a reminder) you would still be better off than using it as sparingly as you were.  I do not save Rapture/PWS for my LMG proc, yes it is a happy coincidence when they do line up, which will happen more frequently than you might suspect.

Short answer:  No, do not wait for LMG to PWS/Rapture.  Proc Rapture as often as possible and use LMG procs to cast more PWS (2-3) per proc. if you are not in the middle of SS blanketing or something to that effect.

• Like 1

Looking at kills only.

Your inner fire uptime is terrible.  You really need to download an addon, or get a weakaura, something, to remind you to keep it up.  I keep Bitten's Spellflash: Priest addon around for the buff reminders.  It's handy when a fellow raider gets battle rez'd, it reminds me to cast fort on them.  Also to recast inner fire when I get BR'd myself =P

Archangel looks good, Spirit Shell no complaints.

Your healing stacks up against your guild-mates' well.  I see no problems here.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/Tetonic/advanced

I tried looking at your gear but you were in your pvp set.  You should probably put sha minor glyph on your holy set, by the by.  Also your pvp belt is missing a buckle.

Just glossing over some random procs of lucidity on some fights you generally seem adept at using PWS during the proc, there are some instances where I only see one spell cast during the proc when you can get two, but that's minor.

Looking at your SS use, you only used it to cover the middle two Swelling Prides on Sha, when you could use it on every single one given the interval between them. Generally you're using them well but you could squeeze in more of them. Eg on Norushen where it might as well be used on CD.

Your uptime on AA is admirable.

Generally decent use of penance as well, though it is something too look at. Penance is one of your best heals and should be used on cooldown. Done so would in an ideal world give about 6 casts a minute, or 18 ticks. Multiply that with the duration of your fight and see how many ticks you could get off and see how far you're from it.

• Like 1

Comparing last weeks to this lockout you doubled your Rapture procs, way to go.  Your Spirit Shell usage is identical # of casts and amount of healing overall.  You took a significant hit on Norushen this week by casting SS less than last week but you increased the other encounters by 1.

You are getting all the right pointers here from Steve and Brutal.  Inner Fire needs to be up 100% of the time.  Repeat your work on Rapture and apply a similar approach to SS to squeeze in 1 more per encounter.

EDIT:  Wanted to add that you also showed a 5-digit increase in your output on three fights! 

Edited by Gwenymph
  • Like 2

Your Spirit Shell usage is identical # of casts and amount of healing overall.  

I'm not quite sure what you mean here, if you could expand a bit that would be appreciated.

As always, thanks a lot for the tips, they are helping a lot. It is clear to me that there is still significant room for improvement though, and I always welcome any critiques!

I'm not quite sure what you mean here, if you could expand a bit that would be appreciated.

As always, thanks a lot for the tips, they are helping a lot. It is clear to me that there is still significant room for improvement though, and I always welcome any critiques!

Just looked at the number of times you Activated SS compared to the fights last week and they totaled the same (Protectors and Juggs). Thought maybe you decided to hold off on SS b/c of abilities and found that the output overall was -500k and +2mil respectively.  So timing was significantly better on Juggs.   Norushen as mentioned you lost an SS and took a 5million hit to SS's total.  Sha and Gala was w/i 1million but as Steve mentioned, you can balloon that number (like you did w/ Juggs) with better timing of Swelling Pride, post Prisons. 

• Like 1

I posted on someone elses thread but in case you are receiving notifications from this one still.  WarcraftLogs is not always capturing Inner Fire at the start of the encounter.  Make sure you have a way to keep up with it on your UI. 

GL

• Like 1