FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gonlaz

I really need resto help, logs inside

I have been visiting these forums for quite some time, just decided to register to ask for your opinions, i see that some people here are quite good WoW-ers smile.png

Anyway, to the point. Got a resto druid, wanted to reach 13k haste breakpoint, what is the best way to go? Here is my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/agamaggan/Dotclaw/advanced    ...Any suggestion would be appreciated! smile.png

Oh, i've also got Thok's trinket, which i used so far, but i guess amp trinket and regen trinket is way more usefull, can spam a lot of more heals without being afraid of running out of mana.

Edited by Lukaj

You have 16k spirit, your legendary stuff, and the Siegecrafter trinket, and you're still worried about mana? You're being highly inefficient. I've healed every fight on heroic with a little over 12k mana and no Siegecrafter trinket. I only have that trinket now because it dropped Wednesday and it's better than the Nazgrim trinket. Read what I wrote about managing your mana. With that much spirit, the meta, and the trinket, you should be finishing even long, healing intensive fights at close to 50%.

Your gear needs to actually be reforged. Right now you're at a random haste level because you only have two pieces reforged anywhere. If you want to push to a higher breakpoint for haste, try reforging your stuff into haste and making the rest of your gems haste.  For you, start

You have 16k spirit, your legendary stuff, and the Siegecrafter trinket, and you're still worried about mana? You're being highly inefficient. I've healed every fight on heroic with a little over 12k mana and no Siegecrafter trinket. I only have that trinket now because it dropped Wednesday and it's better than the Nazgrim trinket. Read what I wrote about managing your mana. With that much spirit, the meta, and the trinket, you should be finishing even long, healing intensive fights at close to 50%.

Your gear needs to actually be reforged. Right now you're at a random haste level because you only have two pieces reforged anywhere. If you want to push to a higher breakpoint for haste, try reforging your stuff into haste and making the rest of your gems haste.  For you, start

I understand everything you say. As i can see, i will just reforge my spirit, put some more haste gems and it's done. I've become quite experienced in managing my mana, lately i have been even spamming spells like crazy and i end the fights with 250k+ mana lol... wink.png Also, the 8k haste is SOTF haste breakpoint for using Wild Growth. wink.png

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/3a41a575-40e5-4b2f-87d1-41349807ee89

If you just want gear advice, there you go.  Logs will help us tell you what you're doing wrong in raids, where 95% of most problems lie.

Just what i needed. TBH, I'm doing nothing wrong, really just asking what is the best way to reforge my gear to go to 13k haste. wink.png

Thanks to both of you, really helped. wink.png See you around!

Edited by Lukaj

Can you take his questions to another thread please? Not trying to be rude but I'd like to keep this thread about my toon and concerns, I get confused with multiple stuff going on

Edited by gonlaz

I tried to review all the posts made before saying this, so please excuse me if I'm repeating...

As a Resto druid, I've found my healing numbers as reported by logs/recount/skada/etc are less important than one simple question:

Did we win?

If we won the fight, then my healing was fine. If we didn't win the fight, was it due to a healing issue? (I.e. were moron DPS standing in fire, was a tank swap missed, etc). If not, then my healing was fine. If it was due to my healing, well then we have something to discuss.

HPS is not like DPS. As long as the boss is alive, you can generate DPS (mechanics willing) based on your abilities/skill/gear. You can't generate DPS when the boss is dead. Likewise, you can't generate HPS when people are at full health. Maybe they're at full health because they're not taking damage. Maybe they're at full health because someone healed them faster than you (shields vs HoT vs direct heals).

To that last point, I've often found my heals to be the LAST applicable heal that will take effect. Disc Priests have damage shields. EVERYONE else has direct healing. We get HoTs. If a disc priest has a 100K damage shield on someone, and they take 200k damage, and the paladin and I both cast a heal, the disc priest gets 100K healing credit, the paladin gets 80k or so healing credit, and I get 20K and a lot more overhealing.

To illustrate my point, join a crappy PuG flex (I recommend using the "other raids" function to find an appropriate wipefest). Watch your healing numbers explode to 150kHPS while everyone else is doing 40k. Of course, you won't win the fight but you'll have awesome numbers and maybe a little more faith in your own abilities.

I'm not sure if you're catching flak from your raidleader or guildmates over your numbers, but I had a similar experience in a 10 man raid group. We 3 healed most fights with myself, a disc priest, and a holy paladin. The other 2 healers were not slackers and very good players. My healing always looked sub-par. Then one day the disc priest was out. We pugged a crappy healer and that night I was on top of both of them. I made sure to point that out to everyone. I never heard anymore about it (from the general perspective of "your numbers look low".)

With time and some gear you can learn some tricks to blowing up the meters when matched with other great healers. Others in this thread have given great tips which may or may not work depending on the others in your raid. But I would say to focus not on meters but on the boss fights themselves and find the best way to increase your healing contribution on a per fight basis.

You can use the same logic for tanking and DPSing: if the boss dies, everything was good. It's not necessarily true for them, and it's certainly not necessarily true for us. The better a job they job tanks do, the less we have to heal them. The better a job the DPS do, the less we have to heal them for taking stupid damage and the less we have to heal in general because the boss dies faster. The better a job we do, the less anyone notices damage happens, and the less risky everything looks.

Our first kills on both Heroic Paragons and Heroic Garrosh were messy and had half the raid dead. "It was sloppy, but I'll take it." Zag's exact words. There were things that could have been better, and we just etched by. Our repeat kill on Garrosh last week was just as sloppy and had two people alive at the end, but we only needed two pulls where some guilds have even failed to repeat the kill their next week.

Numbers aren't even overly indicative for DPS a lot of the time, especially in 10-man, because players frequently have individual jobs to do. They're not the end-all-be-all for us, but you can go into logs and very clearly see who's slacking and who can improve.

That attitude leads to complacency, which leads to loss of skill, which leads to loss of raid spot. Always take the approach that unless a fight was completely flawless there is room to improve.

I tried to review all the posts made before saying this, so please excuse me if I'm repeating...

As a Resto druid, I've found my healing numbers as reported by logs/recount/skada/etc are less important than one simple question:

Did we win?

If we won the fight, then my healing was fine. If we didn't win the fight, was it due to a healing issue? (I.e. were moron DPS standing in fire, was a tank swap missed, etc). If not, then my healing was fine. If it was due to my healing, well then we have something to discuss.

HPS is not like DPS. As long as the boss is alive, you can generate DPS (mechanics willing) based on your abilities/skill/gear. You can't generate DPS when the boss is dead. Likewise, you can't generate HPS when people are at full health. Maybe they're at full health because they're not taking damage. Maybe they're at full health because someone healed them faster than you (shields vs HoT vs direct heals).

To that last point, I've often found my heals to be the LAST applicable heal that will take effect. Disc Priests have damage shields. EVERYONE else has direct healing. We get HoTs. If a disc priest has a 100K damage shield on someone, and they take 200k damage, and the paladin and I both cast a heal, the disc priest gets 100K healing credit, the paladin gets 80k or so healing credit, and I get 20K and a lot more overhealing.

To illustrate my point, join a crappy PuG flex (I recommend using the "other raids" function to find an appropriate wipefest). Watch your healing numbers explode to 150kHPS while everyone else is doing 40k. Of course, you won't win the fight but you'll have awesome numbers and maybe a little more faith in your own abilities.

I'm not sure if you're catching flak from your raidleader or guildmates over your numbers, but I had a similar experience in a 10 man raid group. We 3 healed most fights with myself, a disc priest, and a holy paladin. The other 2 healers were not slackers and very good players. My healing always looked sub-par. Then one day the disc priest was out. We pugged a crappy healer and that night I was on top of both of them. I made sure to point that out to everyone. I never heard anymore about it (from the general perspective of "your numbers look low".)

With time and some gear you can learn some tricks to blowing up the meters when matched with other great healers. Others in this thread have given great tips which may or may not work depending on the others in your raid. But I would say to focus not on meters but on the boss fights themselves and find the best way to increase your healing contribution on a per fight basis.

The more I think about that the more sense it makes, thank you. Unfortunately in flex groups, etc where the real dumb asses go (I don't mean to seem elitist, I am hardly elite, VERY far from it with healing)  they all mob up and say thigns like it was heals - of course we know this isn't always true. I am better already, much more room to go but improving, and thanks to the help I've received here. smile.png

Edited by gonlaz

Just wanted to thank you all again, things are looking up. Kraz helped me out with my ui and everyone else who've given suggestions, I thank you all. smile.png

It's what we're here for! The more players we can help the more we can increase the overall quality of players out there!