FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Astynax

Problems breaking 300k.

Can't seem to do better than 298k on any given pull. Not entirely sure what I'm being bad about, except a couple of times where I got REALLY RNG screwed. (I sat on a PBI proc for 50 secs of a pull)

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/aoqvd1ogg5qwz0si/analyze/dd/source/?s=7846&e=8318

Me: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Astynax/advanced

Sorry they are not in WL. I did not do the recording, and I'm not sure how to convert.

Thanks guys!

for iron juggernaut

your parse vs mine

http://raidbots.com/comparebot/5347038574254e6b1b000005#damage

1. your immolate uptime is crap but you casted more immolates. you are failing immolates pretty hardcore.

2. you did more damage with incinerate than chaos bolt. you are fundamentally using chaos bolt incorrectly. i think chaos bolt advice has been given a million times in various threads on this forum, but to reiterate, cast chaos bolt with good procs or if you're at 3.5 embers. also i have 6 more chaos bolt casts than you in a shorter amount of time.

3. we have equal number of conflag casts but my fight is 30 seconds shorter. never sit on conflag charges (well, there are cases to sit on conflag charges, but not on IJ)

4. you only have 2 darksoul casts? wtf? forgot to use it a third time?

5. i assume you were using KJC for survivability purposes but somehow you took more damage than i did, and i just stand still the whole time because i use AD, so it's hard to imagine how that happened.

for nazgrim

your parse vs mine

http://raidbots.com/comparebot/5347064374254ec01600002b#damage

this will not be a "fair" comparison because it seems you are tunneling on nazgrim (69% of your dmg is on boss, only 24% of mine is on boss) so i guess you arent assigned to killing adds or you have a weird raid strat. with that in mind...

1. you dont like shadowburning on an add fight? my fight is almost 2 minutes shorter than yours but i have 37 shadowburns to your 12. you have a lot more chaosbolts which is good but you should be getting a shadowburn on every add unless the entire raid is nuking it.

2. you arent using havoc enough

3. i assume your raid doesnt stack the adds since you dont use FNB. thats a shitty strat but nothing you can do about it if your raid leads dont want to change.

for malkorok

http://raidbots.com/comparebot/5347082874254e6414000048#damage

same problems as IJ

1. not chaosbolting properly. this is a huge amount of damage missing.

2. you have 8 shadowburns, i have 19. snipe those slimes!

3. you have 0 havocs. WTF.

(note there are plenty of mistakes in my parses as well :P)

Edited by mediocregatsby

For note, of ij, we ignore him during siege phase... So my immo uptime isn't what it looks, unless that's adjusted and I'm missing it.

On naz, we're grouping the adds, and they die so quickly to hunter cleave, among other things, I'm normally on focusing the shamans.

Malk is much the same story. They have so low hp, that a RoF is the quickest way for me to contribute. I realize that this stuff is not meter padding, but it doesn't contribute meaningfully to downing the boss quicker either.

Edited by Astynax

Post a screenshot of your UI as well. Quite often people have information displayed poorly/not at all.

Do you also have decent macro/keybinds (thinking of mouseover/focus havoc and mouseover shadowburn).

For note, of ij, we ignore him during siege phase... So my immo uptime isn't what it looks, unless that's adjusted and I'm missing it.

that would explain it, because your immolate on other fights is good (better than mine sometimes)

Post a screenshot of your UI as well. Quite often people have information displayed poorly/not at all.

Do you also have decent macro/keybinds (thinking of mouseover/focus havoc and mouseover shadowburn).

Raid frames in the top left.

Procs are displayed as WAs around my model, with CDs to the right of my focus.

0 is a focus havoc. 9 is a focus immo. I did not make a mouseover SB. Just never occurred to me.

WF064Zl.jpg

Edited by Astynax

i suggest making mouseover versions of havoc and shadowburn. focus macro is nice but mouseover is much better. or just put both in the same macro.

Edited by mediocregatsby

Not attempting to thread jack but how do you set it to turn read at 20% best I can do is like 25% and it's throwing me off because I'm trying to shadowburn and obviously it's not working.

Options, drop down menu at the top to set display colour via enemy health.

Scroll down about half way to low health threshold and move the slider from 30% down to 20%.

My UI is essentially the same as yours?? And I don't look at my bars very often during fights. Thus WAs around me.