FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Restoration Druid 5.4

Excellent reference, thank you!

Could you consider adding http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/rewatch to the AddOn references? I notice more and more people using it and provides a different approach to Druid healing to the ones mentioned, I think!

I personally would never recommend an addon that puts buttons for you to click for each player.  I say the same thing about the addon "Healium".  It just puts too much clutter on the screen for you to effectively do anything.  On top of having to move your mouse for each spell you want to cast on a single target.

After looking at rewacth, I will agree that it does the job a lot better than Healium, but it will still provide much unneeded clutter when addons such as Vuhdo or Healbot include builtin click commands to reduce that screen clutter.

In my experience, the more focus you can put on the health bars and less on buttons, the more efficient you will be at healing.

• Like 1

Guest madcow

glyph of healing touch affects natures swiftness NOT swiftmend. this is in the resto druid glyphs section of icy veins and it is misleading in glyph choice since this glyph is more or less useless in end content raiding as well as pretty much the whole game.

glyph of healing touch affects natures swiftness NOT swiftmend. this is in the resto druid glyphs section of icy veins and it is misleading in glyph choice since this glyph is more or less useless in end content raiding as well as pretty much the whole game.

It's not technically an error in the guide because the glyph USE to affect swiftmend.  It just hasn't been updated.  I'll try to let the 2 admins that are the only ones able to edit the guide know

We updated the description of the glyph. It was changed in 5.4, and we had not noticed that this mention was out of date. Thank you for pointing it out :)

Guest Pikka

Hey there,

regarding Wild Mushroom, the spell links the Balance version, you should link the Resto one (http://www.wowdb.com/spells/145205-wild-mushroom). Also the 3.4 Resto druid Playstyle in the Rotation section talks about "mushrooms" (plural) when you can put down only one, with the wrong spell linked it's kinda confusing for a noob like myself.

Cheers for an awesome guide, your effort and the effort of all the other guide writers helped me a whole lot.

Best regards,

Pikka

just thought id point out the dis trinket should be replaced with   http://www.wowhead.com/item=102299 since the one linked is ment for dps this one has the second effect and the first effect procs off heals

I get the linked one to be the same as the one linked in the quote. Don't think there's a problem.

Guest Riversing

I think the info on the mushrooms is wrong. You can only place one mushroom at a time and the over healing from rejuv accumulates up to 200% of your maximum health, not 33%. The Mushroom also saves the overhealing if you must move it.

Guest Guest

"It is worth noting that 10% of the overhealing you do with wow_icon_spell_nature_rejuvenation.jpg Rejuvenation will be added to the healing that your existing mushroom will do when detonated. This effect caps at 33% of your maximum health. The bonus healing thus offered is divided evenly among the players who are healed by the mushroom."

This is wrong. You need to update the explanation on Wild Mushroom to correctly mirror the tooltip and in-game functionality. 100%, not 10, of the overhealing you do with Rejuvenation will be stored on the mushroom, capping at 200% of your maximum health, not 33%.

Guest Dezine

I personally would never recommend an addon that puts buttons for you to click for each player.  I say the same thing about the addon "Healium".  It just puts too much clutter on the screen for you to effectively do anything.  On top of having to move your mouse for each spell you want to cast on a single target.

After looking at rewacth, I will agree that it does the job a lot better than Healium, but it will still provide much unneeded clutter when addons such as Vuhdo or Healbot include builtin click commands to reduce that screen clutter.

In my experience, the more focus you can put on the health bars and less on buttons, the more efficient you will be at healing.

Everyone to their opinion, of course! I never click any bars though, mouse-over macro's are my game and are recommended use with Rewatch. Try the minimalistic settings and you'll be amazed wink.png

But thank you for your feedback and consideration, have a nice day!

Everyone to their opinion, of course! I never click any bars though, mouse-over macro's are my game and are recommended use with Rewatch. Try the minimalistic settings and you'll be amazed ;)

But thank you for your feedback and consideration, have a nice day!

The whole point of my post was that I was against clicking buttons on your screen to heal. If you're using mouse over and key binds (even if the key binds are on your mouse) then it does the same job. I don't mind recommending an add on, but only if it doesn't lead to bad habits.

Guest Josh

The guide when updated with the new haste caps, didn't update the following...

"As we will see below, there are two haste values of interest, which we call soft haste caps"

"As a Restoration Druid, you have two important soft haste caps:"

The guide when updated with the new haste caps, didn't update the following...

"[/size]

As we will see below, there are two haste values of interest, which we call soft haste caps"[/size]

"[/size]As a Restoration Druid, you have two important soft haste caps:"[/size]

Thanks for pointing it out, it's been fixed smile.png

After looking at this again, I feel like it should be reduced to 3 important breakpoints. 3k, 6k, and 13k.

Soul of the forest does not change what breakpoint you need to go for, because you would be wasting that extra haste between swiftmend casts.

If a player wants more breakpoints you can refer them to Ask Mr Robot where they have the soft cap charts.

Guest Pandalishis

Text on Prismatic Prison of Pride incorrectly states that it boosts "critical strikes and healing." This should be reworded to clarify that critical-strike heals are what are boosted, not heals in general.

Text on Prismatic Prison of Pride incorrectly states that it boosts "critical strikes and healing." This should be reworded to clarify that critical-strike heals are what are boosted, not heals in general.

"Amplifies your Critical Strike damage and healing."  That sounds right, and makes sense.

Prismatic Prison of Pride

Guest esam

there is a typo in the article ,it says : 

It is worth noting that 10% of the overhealing you do with

the correct is 100% instead of 10%

Guest Au-Failmoore(US)

For rdrood tier 1 talent, the only way to go for raiding in the current content is displacer beast. It's much better for repositioning than the other two talents.  It's better than feline swiftness because for repositioning +50% movement speed burst is preferable to +15% movement speed sustained.  And it is better than wild charge because it doesn't require another person or outdoor environment.  On top of that, displacer beast can be used to avoid fall damage.

I personally use displacer beast, but you can't say that it's the only choice. Feline swiftness is still decent at getting you in position even if it's not as situationally useful.

I personally would always recommend displacer, but if people don't actively try to use it, it doesn't help them.

From what I've seen, most people don't even utilize cat form for movement. There are plenty of times I switch to cat form to move somewhere quicker then cast a healing spell to shift out, on top of using displacer to jump around places.

Sign in to follow this