FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Marksmanship Hunter 5.4

Couldn't help but notice this part... "At level 85, Draenei require 666 Hit Rating to reach the hit cap..." So your saying the Draenei are really the devil(or Eredar in this case)?

Well, to our defense, the actual value is 665.89705, it only becomes 666 after rounding it up :P

sorry to say but your talanet builds for hunters needs work.

first tier is a take what ever you find more use for.

tier two- situational again

tier three-your highest survivability is actualy spirit bond. leveling to 90 on a pvp server here i'm the lower pop faction has shown that i can survive an insane amount longer with spirit bond then iron hawk. this was the same during ds befor the xpack hit.

tier four- do to the lack of a internal cd an the high proc chance thrill can allow for a more stable rotation. an yes do to it lack of a internal cd it can proc off its self an has constantly for my hunter.

tier five-less murder can do equal to or greater then 3600% pet damage over two minutes or greater then 1800% pet damage when its cd is one minute then your better option is actualy blink for your pet. its simple math realy for that teir plus the amount of focus saved/used between the three choices

lynx-1 minute 30 second cd=1800% pet damage vs blink 30 second cd=600% pet damage(2400% over 1 minute 20 seconds) vs murder 60 focus with a 2 minute cd...thats alot of cobra/steady shots need to make that up.

tier six- with the current gear glaive is your better option do to it not needing haste to do better damage. power shot an barage both benefit from haste an from rapid fire. i tested barage on a world boss with rapid fire up an it chanele was reduced by almost 1/3rd. over all though glaive is the better choice for a more solid dps rotation. one gcd vs 2-3 for over all durations depending on your haste rating.

sorry if that seemed long but i wanted to make sure i had details for each tier.

sorry to say but your talanet builds for hunters needs work.

first tier is a take what ever you find more use for.

tier two- situational again

tier three-your highest survivability is actualy spirit bond. leveling to 90 on a pvp server here i'm the lower pop faction has shown that i can survive an insane amount longer with spirit bond then iron hawk. this was the same during ds befor the xpack hit.

tier four- do to the lack of a internal cd an the high proc chance thrill can allow for a more stable rotation. an yes do to it lack of a internal cd it can proc off its self an has constantly for my hunter.

tier five-less murder can do equal to or greater then 3600% pet damage over two minutes or greater then 1800% pet damage when its cd is one minute then your better option is actualy blink for your pet. its simple math realy for that teir plus the amount of focus saved/used between the three choices

lynx-1 minute 30 second cd=1800% pet damage vs blink 30 second cd=600% pet damage(2400% over 1 minute 20 seconds) vs murder 60 focus with a 2 minute cd...thats alot of cobra/steady shots need to make that up.

tier six- with the current gear glaive is your better option do to it not needing haste to do better damage. power shot an barage both benefit from haste an from rapid fire. i tested barage on a world boss with rapid fire up an it chanele was reduced by almost 1/3rd. over all though glaive is the better choice for a more solid dps rotation. one gcd vs 2-3 for over all durations depending on your haste rating.

sorry if that seemed long but i wanted to make sure i had details for each tier.

You do not need to be sorry, but I disagree on several points.

Tier 1 and two are situational, which is something we explain in the talents page. The whole idea of situational for tier 1 is that it depends on what you want from the talents and what is going on in the encounter. So, we give the pros for each of the talents.

Tier 3 - leveling content is totally not what this guide is about. It's a raiding guide, so anecdotal evidence of how one talent is better while leveling is totally besides the point. Damage reduced is always better than damage healed, and this applies to Hunters in raids as well. One problem with Spirit Bond is that it keeps doing what it does even when you're at full health, at which point it's effectively wasted. Not to mention that its healing is pathetically slow. It's never going to save you in an emergency. No healer is going to think, in an intense raid-damage situation, "I won't heal him, I'll just let Spirit Bond take care of it". You'll get topped off and your Spirit Bond will be useless.

Tier 4 - sorry, even though Thrill of the Hunter is nice, it's just not better than Dire Beast. It's simply the way it is right now. And again, you need to look at the overall picture here. Yes, if you get a lucky string of 18 Thrill of the Hunt procs off of one another, then it's going to be amazing on that fight, but that's not how chances work.

Tier 5 - A Murder of Crows is the best DPS gain talent, mathematically proven. That's all there is to it. When this changes, we'll change the guide. One thing you aren't taking into account is the fact that Blink Strike, due to its low cooldown, means that you spend a lot more global cooldowns casting it than you do A Murder of Crows. Anyway, we purposefully stay away from theorycrafting here (even though we do it behind the scenes), to make the guides easier to read and understand.

Tier 6 - Glaive toss is better. I'm glad we agree :)

Sorry if I sound harsh, it's not my intention. I always appreciate it when people post comments, and I appreciate yours especially for being argumented.

Guest scott slater

Here is an old macro for hunters that will mark your target and send your pet at the same time if anyone would like to use it. thought you might be able to post it up.

#showtooltip Hunters Mark

/cast Hunter's Mark

/PetAttack

Here is an old hunter macro its nothing special but thought you might like to post it to the guide, it will cast your hunters mark and send your pet at the same time.

/cast Hunter's Mark

/PetAttack

Edited by ScottSlater

Here is an old hunter macro its nothing special but thought you might like to post it to the guide, it will cast your hunters mark and send your pet at the same time.

/cast Hunter's Mark

/PetAttack

Fair enough, but really watch out about using this pre-pull to set your Hunter's Mark :)

Guest Zajakel

where are the etheral merchants in the shrine of the seven stars?

where are the etheral merchants in the shrine of the seven stars?

Get in from the middle (main) entrance, climb the staircase on to the right, and they're in the first room ;)

familiar with these three but I am looking for someone who can sell me upgrades to my gear as described in the patch release

Guest Anamiss

He is right next to the transmog guy in Shrine, on his right hand side.

familiar with these three but I am looking for someone who can sell me upgrades to my gear as described in the patch release

He should be in the same room as them :)

Your BiS list is off. The BiS belt is the crit/haste one not the haste/exp one. Shadowgrip girdle is better than Ranger's Chain of Unending Summer.

Your BiS list is off. The BiS belt is the crit/haste one not the haste/exp one. Shadowgrip girdle is better than Ranger's Chain of Unending Summer.

As as I asked in the Survival thread, what makes you say this? I'm not saying you're wrong, but both Simcraft and Mr. Robot place the Chain of Unending Summer as BiS, so I'm curious :)

Thanks.

As as I asked in the Survival thread, what makes you say this? I'm not saying you're wrong, but both Simcraft and Mr. Robot place the Chain of Unending Summer as BiS, so I'm curious Posted Image

Thanks.

Comparing them Shows that the shadowgrip girdle has 80 more agility and 663 more crit than the ranger's chain which has 610 more expertise and 161 more haste than the shadowgrip girdle.

Now you can get crit from the expertise, but it's not guaranteed and as much and trading 80 agi for 161 haste is worth it. Using AMR's stat weights. So more agi and more crit because the expertise is just going to translate into haste/mastery and crit most likely.

80 agi for BM = 348.8

161 haste for BM = 225.4

80 agi for MM = 269.6

161 haste for MM = 212.52

80 agi for SV = 340.8

161 haste for SV = 193.2

Edited by Tehstool

With a Using wowreforge and changing the stats of my upgraded items accordingly:

Looking at my gear. Current stats:

Crit: 5918

Exp: 2570

Haste: 2054

Hit: 2552

Mastery: 2980

Adding the shadowgrip girdle gives me:

Crit: 6158

Exp: 2551

Haste: 2526

Hit: 2561

Mastery: 2375

and some agility

Now, changing from the shadowgrip girdle to the ranger's chain gives me:

Crit: 5620

Exp: 2550

Haste: 2453

Hit: 2550

Mastery: 3106

-80 agility

So if I were to get the ranger's chain instead of the shadowgrip girdle, I'd be trading

538 crit, 80 agility and 73 haste for 731 mastery. Not worth it.

Using my previous post for agi

Using AMR's stat weights

SV

Shadowgrip Girdle

538 * 1.26 = 677.88

73 * 1.2 = 87.6

80 agi for SV = 340.8

Ranger's Chain

731 * .73 = 533.63

MM

Shadowgrip Girdle

538 * 1.45 = 780.1

73 * 1.32 = 96.36

80 agi for MM = 269.6

Ranger's Chain

731* .92 = 672.52

BM

Shadowgrip Girdle

538 * 1.6 = 860.8

73 * 1.4 = 102.2

80 agi for BM = 348.8

Ranger's Chain

731*1.31 = 957.61

I don't even need to add those up to see that the shadowgrip girdle is better.

I'll do this with the BiS setup too. Just give me a minute Posted Image

Using Truefire as a starter template, he is almost in full BiS

http://us.battle.net...uefire/advanced

Using the bottle+BMAH bracers+516 elite ring

Stats with shadowgrip girdle

Crit: 7728

Exp: 2550

Haste: 2246

Hit: 2577

Mastery: 4194

80 agility

Stats with the Rangers chain

Crit: 7330

Exp: 2555

Haste: 2343

Hit: 2550

Mastery: 4625

Stat Difference

Crit: 398

Haste: -97

Mastery: -431

Agility: 80

The crit is way better than the mastery and we know that 80 agility is already better than 97 haste as it beat 161 haste from my previous post. Mastery also lost when it had a 193 stat gain on crit and it only came close with BM now it has a 33 stat gain.

Edited by Tehstool

Guest Marishke

After 7 months of being gone from the game, this guide makes little sense to those of us who have not yet had experience with gameplay. Can anyone suggest a more cut-and-dry or "introductory" guide for those of us wishing to start up the game and head right into the action? Without having any experience with any of these new abilities, this guide is fairly useless (as it does not explain which abilities are new, what their ability-equivalents are for pre-MoP players, etc.).

If I wanted to sit around and figure things out for 12-14 hours before playing, I'm sure this guide would be great.

Guest Harry

After 7 months of being gone from the game, this guide makes little sense to those of us who have not yet had experience with gameplay. Can anyone suggest a more cut-and-dry or "introductory" guide for those of us wishing to start up the game and head right into the action? Without having any experience with any of these new abilities, this guide is fairly useless (as it does not explain which abilities are new, what their ability-equivalents are for pre-MoP players, etc.).

If I wanted to sit around and figure things out for 12-14 hours before playing, I'm sure this guide would be great.

I just came back to the game from a long hiatus too and all these spells are new to me. They're really simple A murder of Crows and Dire Beast are DoTs. Glaive Toss is a shot that hits twice and hits every npc along the way to the targeted one. There isn't anything to figure out really, assuming you are level 85 since you said you've been gone 7 months you have at least a few days to get used to the changes. Plus by the time you hit 90 you aren't going to jump into heroics right away as you'll need to do a lot of dailies first to get gear that meets the ilvl requirement. Trust me I just hit 90 after not playing since Cata and everything is going smoothly I never even read any guides until today, the only reason I read it is because I want to know the optimal rotation for when I do jump into heroics, lfr, etc.

Marks just got big buffs in 5.2. Specifically, Aimed shot, Steady Shot, and Chimera Shot all had their damage buffed, and Aimed Shot's cast time was reduced. Simulationcraft shows it as being just very barely behind Survival.

BM is still the king of throne of thunder. Literally all the fights favor it. Sims don't mean anything when it comes to mechanics.

Edited by Tehstool

Sign in to follow this