FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Chaos Bolt MAXIMUM SCORE!

Alright I have returned.

21:38:17.570 Shizwix Chaos Bolt Thok the Bloodthirsty *4572393*

4.57M, don't think I can go higher without another rogue or something.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LVJbHtMchXD9r2yF/#fight=31&type=damage-done&source=7&ability=116858&view=events

On a side note, got tail swiped as bats arrived, missed out on rank 1 by 2k. Very sad face.

EDIT: 

21:54:56.694 Shizwix Chaos Bolt Siegecrafter Blackfuse *4584401*

4.58M from a blackfuse wipe the pull after. It's in the same log report I just didn't notice it.

Edited by Liquidsteel
  • Like 1

Alright liquid... you were already 1st... now you're just showing off. tongue.png

He just makes sure this stays for a while^^

Alright I have returned.

21:38:17.570 Shizwix Chaos Bolt Thok the Bloodthirsty *4572393*

4.57M, don't think I can go higher without another rogue or something.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LVJbHtMchXD9r2yF/#fight=31&type=damage-done&source=7&ability=116858&view=events

On a side note, got tail swiped as bats arrived, missed out on rank 1 by 2k. Very sad face.

EDIT: 

21:54:56.694 Shizwix Chaos Bolt Siegecrafter Blackfuse *4584401*

4.58M from a blackfuse wipe the pull after. It's in the same log report I just didn't notice it.

Very nice dude.  Watch out - me and Locky both got 574 Black Bloods last night.  We be comin' for ya.

Alright liquid... you were already 1st... now you're just showing off. tongue.png

That's the very point of this thread.  For once, not a help thread - it's a pure "look how big my di....Chaos Bolt is" thread.

He just makes sure this stays for a while^^

Constant improvement is the mark of anyone great!

vopzZly.jpg

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jw8RgFGqbPp1zrfX

Thought I had the first 4 million :-(

Very nice bud - moving you up.

• Like 1

Ha grats guys. I look forward to seeing what you pull out next week.

For the time being ive gone back to mastery > haste > crit as I feel awkward with anything less than 10k.

Have to say I've been pretty bored with destruction recently but last night was refreshing focussing on nothing but that one opening hit.

He and I both went 18.2k Haste as Affliction with our shiny new trinkets.  Will play Affliction up through Malkorok when we have to regem/reforge for Destruction for last 5 fights.  We both could probably stay Affliction through Paragons if we wanted, but there's no way I could do Garrosh as Affliction doing the Engineers.

Right now, I can't decide if I'm doing first 12 bosses as Demo or Affliction.  I need a change of pace.  I'll come back to the Chaos Bolt competition once removed from top 5.

Yeah high haste as Affliction feels super smooth, especially single target. I haven't played it in a while so I think I'll join you in an affliction week next week. The difference between haste vs mastery, despite what people say, is non existent imo. It's 100% based on trinket procs. I think higher haste is less forgiving as if you stop channeling for a long period your dps tanks.

A trick to know is that PBI will only proc from the initial damage of Malefic Grasp, so don't do a long channel on the opener thinking it will proc. I only found this out last week and I can't tell you the amount of times PBI has procced the moment after I snapshot 10 stack bboy. Now it all makes sense.

Locky and I went into LFR Malkorok last night to test the 18.2k build.  He had horrid RNG on trinkets - I had amazeballs RNG.  I had so many Nightfall procs that I was overlapping Haunts.  I was around 480k DPS in LFR with moving, using KJC, and having the fight last 4:30 before I died with the boss at 18%.  I would imagine with a proper setup and group, I could push 500k+ on that easily after having not played it for a long time.  High Haste = more Corruption = more Nightfall.  It's not dissimilar from Haste giving you more Imps and Demonic Fury for more Metamorphosis uptime.  People always try to argue Haste vs Crit vs Mastery in terms of pure damage without thinking of extra effects.

I'm not 100% I'm going Affliction.  The opener felt SO rushed - basically globalling Malefic Grasp.  I also clip MG at the 3rd tick every time.  I forget where (might have been Evrelia) I read that allowing the cast to go to the 4th tick often lead to clipping it, thus losing DPS, so I clip at the 3rd tick every time.  With SoO on relative farm, I'm sad I can only raid each boss once per week.  Wish I could just keep playing with other guilds without a chance for loot.  I'd honestly do it and help other groups out.

Go to the log > Damage Done > Click your name to get just you > Click on Chaos Bolt to get just CB > Event View to see the list.

Saw this thread and was like: "HELL YES!"

Still searching through some logs but here's the top one I found so far:

Sha of Pride - 3 107 986

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/syssbbbb2txtlmt7/xe/?x=spell+%3D+%22Chaos+Bolt%22%0D%0AAND+targetName+%3D+%22Sha+of+Pride%22

Also had a couple 3mil+ bolts from our Garrosh progression the past two weeks.

Cheers

what are the requirements for this? current content? cause ive gotten plenty over 4M before but it was on fun shit like fully buff stacked on timeless isle or fighting Ozumat. Things with weird mechanics.

what are the requirements for this? current content? cause ive gotten plenty over 4M before but it was on fun shit like fully buff stacked on timeless isle or fighting Ozumat. Things with weird mechanics.

Yes, as Zagam said; the competition is "exclusive of external buffs such as LFR buffs or increased damage buffs such as when Nazgrim takes 25% more damage in Berserker Stance.  All other buffs such as Dark Soul, Tricks of the Trade, or the Crit Banner from Warriors are good to go!"

In order to see 'legitimate' Chaos Bolts, all raid buffs are included - no debuffs other than Curse of the Elements.  This is validated in logs provided.  Stack as many Rogues, Warriors, or anything else that you want. 

I don't have logs as I don't raid on a consistent basis so my (unofficial) results are only from the combat log or Recount / Skada. I also don't perform that great as far as my DPS goes and it is something I am desperately seeking to improve.

With that being said - my highest (overly buffed) CB that I have a record for was just a little bit ago in Throne of Tides against Ozumat. I soloed it and only used my Dark Soul buff plus the spell_nature_giftofthewaterspirit.jpgTidal Surge [Health increased by 500%. | Healing increased by 500%. | Damage increased by 2000%] from Neptulon.

The highest out of the 4 CBs I hit him with did 18,658,332 damage.

"Your Chaos Bolt hit Ozumat 1 Shadow. (18658331 Overkill) (Critical)"

Screenshot of combat log:

http://s499.photobucket.com/user/jghyers/media/WoWScrnShot_042014_213754.jpg.html

However, looking back over the rest of this thread only solidifies my belief that my DPS is severely lacking. With the massive buff from Tidal Surge I should have been done a LOT more damage.

I am happy to see the high numbers that others are able to consistently do as it gives me even more incentive to improve my own.

Grats to all and I look forward to seeing more results.

Edited by Sakera

However, looking back over the rest of this thread only solidifies my belief that my DPS is severely lacking. With the massive buff from Tidal Surge I should have been done a LOT more damage.

Did you have trinket procs up while you did this?  Having 2x simultaneous trinket procs is a huge part of where this damage is coming from.  Unfortunately, the best way to get them to line up is to do it at the start of the fight, or just wait a long time... so... trigger the Ozumat phase, afk for a couple minutes, poke him until you get your procs and THEN blow him up.

Did you have trinket procs up while you did this?  Having 2x simultaneous trinket procs is a huge part of where this damage is coming from.  Unfortunately, the best way to get them to line up is to do it at the start of the fight, or just wait a long time... so... trigger the Ozumat phase, afk for a couple minutes, poke him until you get your procs and THEN blow him up.

Honestly, I didn't think to look to see what procs had hit. Perhaps I will go back and retry the fight again soon and be more mindful of the procs. I will take your advice and wait for the procs to hit before attacking him full force.  Thank you for your tips!

Sparkuggz dropping a 5.2mil CB on a targetdummy

/thread

wat.

What's surprising to me about this is he got it as a troll, so there is still room to improve (at least for people at his gear level).