FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Fury Warrior 5.4

Guest Mcelhatton

Im trying to reduce the number of keys with macros :

Is there any reason not to put Bloodbath, Dragon roar, and Battle shout on the same key ?

Guest Jalopy

You can macro bloodbath to dragon roar all day every day, you'll never not stack them anyway.

Battle Shout is often used as a filler ability between every CS, so keep that as its own bind.

another remarkt to the Profession section (Gem section is ok):

Jewelcrafters should socket inv_jewelcrafting_dragonseye03.jpgSmooth Serpent's Eye instead of inv_jewelcrafting_dragonseye05.jpgBold Serpent's Eye

The gems section makes it sound like fury should usually take socket bonuses.  Maybe at really high gear levels, other stats catch up to crit.  On my alt warr, my SMF stat weights are

Strength=4.17, ExpertiseRating=7.68, HitRating=8.11, CritRating=5.04, HasteRating=1.85, MasteryRating=3.22, invhit=1.94

That's at ilvl533, 29% raidbuffed crit chance, 30% mastery, with 561MH / 548OH, including tank neck and tank belt with tank gems, since those are still upgrades with my stat weights.

With 1 crit being worth 1.2 str, the math says to ignore any socket bonus except helm.  Or maybe the red in a red+yellow+yellow.

At higher gear levels, with more crit, you'll more often be enraged already when you crit a bloodthirst or CS, so the RELATIVE value of crit will decrease.  Of course the absolute dps-per-point of all stats increases with gear.

Someone asked about a crit cap for fury.  There's the soft cap of 100% bloodthirst crit, and that would be 50% crit raid buffed.  Dual wielding, autoattack glancing blows and misses will only leave so much room on the combat table, and if crits have already pushed non-crit hits off the combat table for autoattacks, that's the other soft cap.  This will be higher than 50%, since glancing is 24% and miss is 19% chance (DW autoattack with 7.5% hit) (vs. boss mobs).  Possibly mastery would pass crit once you proc raging blow with every single bloodthirst, even outside of recklessness, dunno.  edit:  Ragebarr's guide says that without the amp trinket from Thok, mastery > crit once you have about 42% crit.  With the amp trinket, crit stays ahead of mastery.

Until then, yeah you probably want to use your JC gems on crit, and take your profession perk as 320 crit, rather than 320str.  Maybe not if crit has fallen below str on a point-for-point basis (obviously you keep gemming it as long as crit > 0.5 * str).

Someone else also brought up the odd fact that str is listed above crit without the amp trinket.  Without any kind of weights assigned, it's pretty meaningless to say that.  You don't have a choice between trading 1 str for 1 crit anywhere, except with JC gems.  No enchants give you that choice; there is no MoP crit to bracers or gloves (the slots that you can enchant str).  Telling people that str > crit may lead the clueless to gem str.  "since that's the stat you max first".  (as if you could max something that has no cap, and still be able to max something else...)  I have seen a warlock gemming int, and that was his argument for why he was right.  Obviously convincing the wilfully ignorant to do the right thing is not at the top of a guide-writer's priority list, but it's just one of many reasons in this case not to just list str > crit without relative weights.  Because for one thing, it's not even true until you have quite a lot of crit.

Stat orderings without weights are not very useful in general.  In this case it's crit > str >> mastery >> haste.  If it was the same but with mastery only slightly better than haste, you'd reforge the higher of mastery and haste into crit, instead of probably always reforging away from haste, on a haste-mastery piece.  Although for fury, crit is so far ahead of both haste and mastery the it might actually be best to reforge whichever is higher into crit.  So again, to decide you need to know relative weights.

A good way to include primary and secondary stats together in an ordering would be as e.g. 1/2 str.  So crit >> mastery > 1/2 str >= hit-beyond-cap >= haste, for my warrior.

Having approximate relative weights at a few gear levels would be really nice for alts, e.g. deciding how to gem a drop from a world boss that you'll probably keep for ages.  If it's not a big loss right now, I'd probably gem based on what my stat weights will be once the rest of my gear isn't so bad, and never change that gem (e.g. start gemming secondaries over int before it's warranted by current gear for e.g. a shadow priest).  Or if it would take gear higher than I'll get from flex to gem secondaries on e.g. my rogue, I'll just gem agi.  (esp. since red gems are much cheaper, and there aren't any DoT haste breakpoints that are going to make playing the toon more fun)

Edited by Karsteck

I'll have the gem thing changed. I need to make some changes regarding using stormbolt, inner-CS workings, and execute phase, anyway.

As far as stat weights in general, they're too variable based on item level and gear for a definitive hard and fast ruleset about socket matching. Not to mention how red sockets can be worth going for depending if you can use a crafty gem which'll roughly equate to full mastery in return.

E: I just realized that bold serpent eye thing must be old.

Edited by Jalopy
  • Like 1

Guest Jesse

From the guide, comparing Tier 6 talents:

One thing to note between wow_icon_warrior_talent_icon_stormbolt.jStorm Bolt and wow_icon_ability_warrior_bloodbath.jpgBloodbath is that Storm Bolt will only hit for 125% damage (as opposed to 500%) if it hits a target that is stunnable, such as most of the adds are in raid encounters. If playing Fury on such an encounter, switching to Bloodbath would likely be a more viable option, as it will remove the danger of wasting a Storm Bolt by hitting a stunnable target.

I personally disagree.  The Storm Bolt stun is very useful even in add-heavy fights, as well as against trash, specifically because of its stun, particularly when Interrupt is on cooldown.  This is important as I am frequently responsible for keeping especially dangerous abilities of adds or trash locked down in my 10 man (And sometimes 25 man) group.  For example: Bonecrushers and Shamans on Galakras, Shadowmages in the trash before KDS and General Nazgrim, Skullsplitters in trash before and after Malkorok, Engineers in trash before Siegecrafter Blackfuse, Farseers on Garrosh Hellscream, etc.  If other players in the group had that responsibility, the above paragraph would be true.

The utility side of storm bolt is another beast entirely. When reading a guide, the most prominent thing people will care about is the maximum effective DPS, which is some cases will not be storm bolt due to stunnable mobs.

Even on the utility side of the coin, pretty much everything you noted can be handled perfectly between your two warrior kicks, and if necessary, a charge stun. Bonecrushers will stop casting fracture once knocked back/gripped/stunned, wasting stormbolt and sacrificing the damage from bloodbath would just be pointless. Farseers can still be handled fine with your own kicks and maybe an oft tank stun. As far as the trash mobs, I daresay respeccing for trash is a bit overkill when you have 9-24 other people in the raid who can do a myriad of things to handle those adds.

Unless you're in a 10m and everyone else is too braindead to kick or stun, I personally don't see a reason to sacrifice the DPS boost from bloodbath (on certain fights) for a 4s ranged stun.

Guest Shanoa

Hello!

THanks for this great guide!

I noticed that in this section:

6.3.4. Execute Range During Colossus Smash

The first ability is Heroic Leap.

Is that really correct?

The list implies a priority. Heroic leap is not on GCD, so it is inherently top priority in a manner of speaking.

No reason why you can't use it, but I can't really see any fights that'd I'd prefer it over a 20% speed increase when enraged or 4 more yards on my whirlwind.

• Like 1

Guest Ripscar

You missed Skinning on the Professions list. The Crit it provides is very good for a DPS warrior. In fact it is the ONLY gathering profession worth having.

And it is also not better than blacksmithing or engineering. I'll have a note made about it for people who can't/don't want to afford BS/Engi, but it's certainly not a min/max choice.

E: Oh I think I see what you mean. It's not listed flat-out. Yeah, I'll get that fixed.

Edited by Jalopy

Guest_Ripscar_* post #112

I made a post not noticing his comment and don't know how to remove my comment yet so I'll just edit it and add that the Fury warrior profession section does not list this profession either.

Edited by Krafted

Guest Grommovnik

just one question...is it problem with Rotations, CDs and abilitie page or maybe mine pc cause i can't see anything beneth 6.4.1

6.4.1. Without 2-Part Tier 16 Set Bonus

1. Use your wow_icon_ability_warrior_battleshout.jpg Battle Shout or wow_icon_ability_warrior_rallyingcry.jpg Commanding Shout and your potion (3 seconds before the pull).
  2. Begin casting wow_icon_ability_warrior_shatteringthrow Shattering Throw (1.5 seconds before the pull).
  3. Use wow_icon_ability_warrior_charge.jpg Charge.
  4. Use wow_icon_spell_nature_bloodlust.jpg Bloodthirst.
  5. Wait until wow_icon_spell_nature_bloodlust.jpg Bloodthirst comes off cooldown.
  6. Use wow_icon_spell_nature_bloodlust.jpg Bloodthirst.
  7. Use wow_icon_ability_warrior_dragonroar.jpg Dragon Roar and wow_icon_warrior_skullbanner.jpg Skull Banner (also use wow_icon_trade_engineering.jpg Synapse Springs and your DPS-increasing racial ability, if applicable).
  8. Use wow_icon_ability_warrior_colossussmash.j Colossus Smashwow_icon_ability_rogue_ambush.jpg Heroic Strike, and wow_icon_ability_criticalstrike.jpg Recklessness.
  9. Use wow_icon_warrior_talent_icon_stormbolt.j Storm Bolt and wow_icon_ability_rogue_ambush.jpg Heroic Strike.
  10. Use wow_icon_warrior_wild_strike.jpg Raging Blow and wow_icon_ability_rogue_ambush.jpg Heroic Strike
    • Only if you have 2 charges of Raging Blow. Otherwise use Bloodthirst.
  11. Use wow_icon_spell_nature_bloodlust.jpg Bloodthirst and wow_icon_ability_rogue_ambush.jpg Heroic Strike
  12. Use wow_icon_warrior_wild_strike.jpg Raging Blow and wow_icon_ability_rogue_ambush.jpg Heroic Strike

If you have not taken the wow_icon_warrior_talent_icon_stormbolt.j Storm Bolt talent, do as follows:

1. Use your wow_icon_ability_warrior_battleshout.jpg Battle Shout or

Hi, have a question...don't know is it page error or my pc didn't load it but in fury dps guide i can't see anything from 6.4.1 to the end of page

Like this...

6.4.1. Without 2-Part Tier 16 Set Bonus

1. Use your wow_icon_ability_warrior_battleshout.jpg Battle Shout or wow_icon_ability_warrior_rallyingcry.jpg Commanding Shout and your potion (3 seconds before the pull).
  2. Begin casting wow_icon_ability_warrior_shatteringthrow Shattering Throw (1.5 seconds before the pull).
  3. Use wow_icon_ability_warrior_charge.jpg Charge.
  4. Use wow_icon_spell_nature_bloodlust.jpg Bloodthirst.
  5. Wait until wow_icon_spell_nature_bloodlust.jpg Bloodthirst comes off cooldown.
  6. Use wow_icon_spell_nature_bloodlust.jpg Bloodthirst.
  7. Use wow_icon_ability_warrior_dragonroar.jpg Dragon Roar and wow_icon_warrior_skullbanner.jpg Skull Banner (also use wow_icon_trade_engineering.jpg Synapse Springs and your DPS-increasing racial ability, if applicable).
  8. Use wow_icon_ability_warrior_colossussmash.j Colossus Smashwow_icon_ability_rogue_ambush.jpg Heroic Strike, and wow_icon_ability_criticalstrike.jpg Recklessness.
  9. Use wow_icon_warrior_talent_icon_stormbolt.j Storm Bolt and wow_icon_ability_rogue_ambush.jpg Heroic Strike.
  10. Use wow_icon_warrior_wild_strike.jpg Raging Blow and wow_icon_ability_rogue_ambush.jpg Heroic Strike
    • Only if you have 2 charges of Raging Blow. Otherwise use Bloodthirst.
  11. Use wow_icon_spell_nature_bloodlust.jpg Bloodthirst and wow_icon_ability_rogue_ambush.jpg Heroic Strike
  12. Use wow_icon_warrior_wild_strike.jpg Raging Blow and wow_icon_ability_rogue_ambush.jpg Heroic Strike

If you have not taken the wow_icon_warrior_talent_icon_stormbolt.j Storm Bolt talent, do as follows:

1. Use your wow_icon_ability_warrior_battleshout.jpg Battle Shout or

tried it couple of times even left IV complete and back after 15 mins....still nothing. Thanks.

Edited by grommovnik

Hi, thanks for this wonderful guide for Fury Warrior

since the guide is approved by Jalopy why its not using the same enchanting as in Jalopy's Armory ?

I mean Weapon Enchant , it says in the Enchanting section that inv_misc_enchantedscroll.jpgEnchant Weapon - Windsong (superior to Dancing Steel if your item level is above 570 and you are wearing a inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_03.jpgThok's Tail Tip) yet Jalopy did not use inv_misc_enchantedscroll.jpgEnchant Weapon - Windsong , instead he used inv_misc_enchantedscroll.jpgEnchant Weapon - Dancing Steel , does he think otherwise ? he does not approve that exact quote ?

what do you think ?

Hi, thanks for this wonderful guide for Fury Warrior

since the guide is approved by Jalopy why its not using the same enchanting as in Jalopy's Armory ?

I mean Weapon Enchant , it says in the Enchanting section that inv_misc_enchantedscroll.jpgEnchant Weapon - Windsong (superior to Dancing Steel if your item level is above 570 and you are wearing a inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_03.jpgThok's Tail Tip) yet Jalopy did not use inv_misc_enchantedscroll.jpgEnchant Weapon - Windsong , instead he used inv_misc_enchantedscroll.jpgEnchant Weapon - Dancing Steel , does he think otherwise ? he does not approve that exact quote ?

what do you think ?

http://warriordpr.blogspot.com/2014/06/update-on-windsong-vs-dancing-steel.html

Which you use is entirely based on your gear. For me, it's not worth using windsong anymore. I should update that, though a few things could be used to be updated.

Sign in to follow this