FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Restoration Shaman 5.4

A minor technical point on the healing totems and breakpoints:

Nobody is sure yet (and we may never be) if it is intended or is due to a mix of server lag and latency. There is some evidence that server lag can increase or (possibly) cause the problem. This is unlikely to be fixed, and the conclusions are still the same.

That is to say, no matter what causes the phenomenon, there is no reliable Haste breakpoint for healing totems.

wow i need to read more.. sorry forget this

Edited by krazyito65

10man resto shaman - haste to first breakpoint - mastery to 50-52% - crit for secondaries.

25man resto shaman - haste to 3764 - pure mastery

I think that any stat priority discussion isn't very useful unless you discuss the reasons behind choosing them. That is - you should always say WHY you're putting forward such a scheme.

For instance: I haven't seen any proof that Haste breakpoints are at all helpful in 10s. Sure, I understand *how they work*, but some time ago I calculated the healing decrease for me on a real fight of dipping below the ELW threshold. It was ~0.1% of my effective healing. 0.1% isn't worth spending stats on, so I generally don't go for high Haste breakpoints.*

That is the kind of discussion that should be going on here - just proposing some priorities isn't really helpful to anyone :)

* - disclaimer: work may now be outdated, it's up to you whether you want to look for better data on the subkect.

• Like 1

Guest Alesaria

Just wanted to change your all's outlook on conductivity.

First lets talk about stats.

Currently I have sacrificed a lot of spirit to stack intellect. Roughly speaking I left my spirit at 3/4th the amount of intellect I have.

Second I glyphed for telluric currents which gives you 10% mana back per lightning bolt that hits.

Third I specced into conductivity.

Combining these three aspects we have the ability to cast healing rain, heal for 30-40k hps(will go up with higher gear lvl, Im at 470) and never run out of mana. Now this assumes everyone is is standing in the blue. However with the relatively large circle for healing rain, and raid awareness it isn't hard to cover almost everyone in the raid. One thing I have found is even though it says 50% of lightning bolt as healing it seems to be before your spell power and crit chance. SO I am hitting the boss for about 15-20k and the people in blue are taking anywhere from 15-30k heals on top of the ticks from healing rain.

Now I use this as my main top off spell and cast it everytime its off cd. However you could also heal as normal, and when you get down on mana use this method until you recover your mana. I can go from zero mana, with mana tide, a pot, and this method back to full mana while still healing about 30-40k hps.

I know that this seems counter intuitive to everything blizzard has taught us for the past 8 years but it works for me. Give it a try and let me know what you think?

On the page for Builds, Talents, and Glyphs, it says that Windwalk Totem does not remove effects that already on players. I can confirm that it does remove such effects, since I use it every week to clear the stacking debuff from the trash before Elegon and Will of the Emperor. It's basically a raidwide Hand of Freedom.

Also, in the description of the Glyph of Cleansing Waters, "harmful" is misspelled as "harfum".

On the page for Builds, Talents, and Glyphs, it says that Windwalk Totem does not remove effects that already on players. I can confirm that it does remove such effects, since I use it every week to clear the stacking debuff from the trash before Elegon and Will of the Emperor. It's basically a raidwide Hand of Freedom.

Also, in the description of the Glyph of Cleansing Waters, "harmful" is misspelled as "harfum".

Thank you very much for spotting these two mistakes. They have been fixed ;)

Guest Jake

I know we sacrifice a lot of stats going for the unbuffed 10% haste for the extra healing rain ticks, however, it also allows us to drop AS for Elemental Mastery, which is now 1.5min cd, so this seems viable for adding an extra cooldown for 2 healing progression in order to add more dps.

I know we sacrifice a lot of stats going for the unbuffed 10% haste for the extra healing rain ticks, however, it also allows us to drop AS for Elemental Mastery, which is now 1.5min cd, so this seems viable for adding an extra cooldown for 2 healing progression in order to add more dps.

Sorry for being so late in answer, but here's the reply of a very good Restoration Shaman I know:

yeah I tried it out, what I did was going for 6077 haste without AS, giving me the usual haste but I could take Elemental Mastery. The thing with EM is that it's a pretty bad CD by itself and if you want any good use of it you have to use it with healing tide or ascendance on CD and using those two spells on CD is bad because you know, they are very situational. So I have reverted back to sitting at 3764 haste and stacking mastery. I find mastery is better cause it gives you the healing when needed - You will get a few extra ticks out of Healing Tide, with Elemental mastery, yeah. I found however that those extra ticks more often that not resulted in over healing and compared to mastery, which boosts you healing on low targets, Mastery is better cause it gives you the healing when and where you need it. There are certainly fights where the EM is very viable, where you need that super strong CD in a predictive situation, but I prefer to use those extra stats for mastery or even spirit.

For the heroic progress I feel comfortable sitting at about 14000 spirit and then going 3764 Haste > Mastery > Crit > Haste.

Guest Jake
http://www.totemspot.../entry.php?b=41 these are accurate with the exception of the totem haste breakpoints. 10% for 10 mans(2017) is perfect as ELW is practically worthless in a ten man setting accounting for less than 3% of my overall healing usually. In a 10 man setting I would argue that anything over 50% mastery is a waste, heres a website for my reference as well from LifeInGroup5 http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=2965. Mastery has diminishing returns post 50%, and even reforging out of mastery I find it hard to get below 50% so therefore crit naturally comes second due to the synergy and effect it has on mana regen via resurgence.

Something I just noticed: The tooltip for Glyph of Telluric Currents in the Glyphs section is out of date. The tooltip reads 10% where it should read 2%.

I do have one question: why would you favor Glorious Stats (+80 all stats) as a chest enchant over Mighty Spirit (+200 Spirit)? Is this a thing you do if you are in raid epics, or does Glorious Stats actually come out ahead?

Glorious Stats would come out ahead assuming that the player is comfortable with their regen in-raid. It's down to discretion and personal taste, but the +80 Int is excellent IF you can really use it for the whole fight.

Glorious Stats would come out ahead assuming that the player is comfortable with their regen in-raid. It's down to discretion and personal taste, but the +80 Int is excellent IF you can really use it for the whole fight.

It just seems to me that being able to get 200 Spirit from a single enchant gives you some room to play around with other slots, maybe run a straight Int gem somewhere else.

I did some calculations based on the idea that you'd replace the stats for spirit and looked at what you'd gain by moving to different gem types;

Before | After | Gain

blue | red | -200 spi, +80 int

purple | red | -40 spi

blue | purple| -40 spi

red | red | -80 int +160 spi

None of those look attractive to someone who wants to boost their Intellect UNLESS you really want to lose 200 Spirit, in which case moving from a straight Blue to straight Red (+320 spi -> +160 int) will gain you Int. Otherwise it will result in a net loss in healing power.

You're right, I wasn't taking into account that the All Stats also increases Spirit.

Edited by Tarazet

what macros do you prefer that are great for restro shaman healing and how much mastery should you have i have 65 percent right now

You can find the macros information from the guide here.

About Mastery; people tend to find that ~50% is good. Anything over 50% tends to waste stats.

Guest Shweko

Hi! I was wondering if someone could help me find a way to instal the ElvUI addon, im interested in trying it :) I can't find the actual thing on Curse, and I can't DL it anywhere else because I'm on a mac and the only downloads I see are on .exe files. can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Hi! I was wondering if someone could help me find a way to instal the ElvUI addon, im interested in trying it :) I can't find the actual thing on Curse, and I can't DL it anywhere else because I'm on a mac and the only downloads I see are on .exe files. can anyone help me out? Thanks!

http://www.tukui.org/dl.php

Download and unzip in the Interface/Addons directory of your WoW installation.

Guest Doelling

Under "Cooldown Usage" in the rotation section, it recommends using Spiritwalker's Grace for LB. As of 5.3, LB can be cast while moving, so that section may need a revision

Don't forget that Glorious Stats also increases ur Stamina at the same time as Int & Spirit, which is a key stat while progressing on new fights. You get a total of 40 extra stats by going with that instead of the Spirit which in my personal preferance is more worth it.

Guest Alayea

Stat guide should be edited to include the proviso that mastery tends to be a wasteful stat after reaching 50%. Our mastery is great for progression raids, but outside of that its usefulness goes way down. (Also, don't like askmrrobot recommending that I have 75% mastery - yuck.)

Personally I believe that mastery is useless even before 50%. Crit will give you more throughoutput (and mana) on 99% off all encounters. Only good fight for mastery that I can think about is Chimaeron but still there it's just to push higher hps and will heal people more than what's needed.

Edited by sonie

Sign in to follow this