FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gonlaz

Holy Priest, Check me out please?

Greetings,

I received such good help on my Druid I hoped maybe we could improve my holy priest?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Sacerdotal/advanced

Here is Nazgrim from lfr but also all of wing 2 is there:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rjZH94f7Fn6hmv2Q#type=healing&source=13

So basically I should most likely be doing flex's mostly and some lfr on this toon only. Unless they nerf rogues to the ground and I stop playing my main, or I can find the time to raid on this guy as well.

I used the gear optimizer from Mr. Robot and IIRC the gems, enchants, etc are good to go. I read the priest rotation, etc on the icy veins site as well. Just looking for glaring mistakes, or any other issues that I can improve upon. Something tells me I am not doing it right, so to speak.

Advice is greatly appreciated smile.png

If you're looking to improve to get into flex and above:

• enchant your bracers (180 int) and weapon (jade spirit)
  • regem, reforge and respec to discipline

Unfortunately nobody is going to take you anywhere unless you're disc at the moment.

I'm sorry, are you sure about that? The people here have usually been quite helpful. Holy does rather well actually, so I'm not sure by your statement that nobody will take me anywhere. I already made it clear this is an alt, not a main anyways and that I only flex on him, not normal, I just didn't happen to run a flex log from this week. I don't think you read my post in full.

Thank you anyway app.

So any mods on?

Edited by gonlaz

Unfortunately nobody is going to take you anywhere unless you're disc at the moment.

that is not true. yes disc is currently top heal but a healer is a healer.

ok first you need to enchant your weapon with jade spirit and your bracers.

are you going to 10 man or 25?

i would get rid of Glyph of Binding Heal yes it does heal 3 people at a cost of 8% of your mana or all most 30k mana for healing 3 people.Glyph of Circle of Healing is a must have for holy.

your gemming is a little off Reckless Vermilion Onyx need to be replaced with Purified Imperial Amethyst. Fractured Sun's Radiance should be replaced with ether  Zen Wild Jade or  Misty Wild Jade if your going for 10 or 25 man.

your currently in a mastory> haste > crit build  for 10 man it should be haste( tell cap)>crit> mastory

or if it 25 man you should Mast> crit> haste. i think the break point for flex is 14 or15 people if you are under that then go for the 10 man build if over go for the 25 man build

ok first this is based on 25 man log. first holy priest never really use Power Word: Shield it dose nothing for holy.  Circle of Healing is extremely important but it only count for 5 % of your heals in 25 man. you should not really be using renew that much, for 10 man yes, 25 man no. Prayer of Mending look to be a little low not sure why. just make sure you are throwing it on the tanks every time you can.

good luck

Edited by TIme987

I'm sorry, are you sure about that? The people here have usually been quite helpful. Holy does rather well actually, so I'm not sure by your statement that nobody will take me anywhere. I already made it clear this is an alt, not a main anyways and that I only flex on him, not normal, I just didn't happen to run a flex log from this week. I don't think you read my post in full.

Thank you anyway app.

So any mods on?

I apologise. While I main a disc priest I'm a little bitter about the current state of healing. Thankfully someone has already assisted you.

CoH is not as important as you make it Time. While it does tend to overheal less, due to the damage patterns in 10m, you gain more by using that GCD to cast a Renew or refreshing the Renew by casting a single-target spell. In fact there is very little reason to use it at all in a 10m setting and even in a 25m setting, the value of the glyph is still debatable since the increase in mana is not proportionate to the healing increase...

Depending on who you ask, they will tell you to go for a high haste build or a mastery build. The haste build is exclusively for holy in 10m, and is the play style suggested on this site and what I would personally do in a 10m setting. But there is some validity to people that go for a straight mastery build even in 10m. Renew scales poorly with SP, even with the glyph and a mastery build does provide stable and easy aoe-healing. The thing that makes renew builds work is that the duration when refreshed through single-target or cascade is extended to the full duration it would have without the glyph, essentially giving you additional ticks of Renew.

Personally I find the playstyle of managing Renew ticks more enjoyable and engaging than the alternative mastery build and would argue that when played well has good stable output and due to haste responds better to burst damage than a mastery build will do. Additionally there is simply much less need for blanket AoE healing in 10m compared to 25m that makes the selective targeting with Renew more viable than a mastery build that works by blanketting the raid with AoE heals.

If you decide to go for a haste build, you should be going for a higher haste cap than the one at 4721 once you get more haste gear, the next breakpoint is at 13163 and you need to remove the glyph. There is no point in trying to get the 4pc, you'll do better getting some items with haste on them instead.

In 25m there isn't much of a choice though. Mastery is your best fundamental throughput stat and provides a very decent, stable source of healing. Some holy priests, such as Isheria from Method, is prioritising crit over mastery(it requires that you have the sha trinket) as such a build will see more effective healing, though at the cost of potential output. What you go for is up to you, the end result is mostly the same.

Wait, so if I am doing flex mostly, with 13-14 man groups, should I stick with my current gemming or no? Also, for 25 man and aoe heals shouldn't I be using PoM, PoH and CoH mostly as opposed to renew?

For a 10-14 man group, You'll be better off with a haste/crit build or, to a lesser degree, pure mastery. Right now you're stacking haste and mastery, which isn't a good combo.

With your current gear you're falling short of reaching the second haste cap, but once you get the feet from Galakras, the finger from IJ and the bracers from paragons, you should be able to reach the 13163 for a second tick on renew without suffering too much spirit.