Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mortex

A question regarding Brewmaster build

3 posts in this topic

Hello, icy-veins forumers. I have a question thats been bothering me for a while.

I'm a part of a 10 man group progressing heroics. I've been going for haste (8000)>crit>mastery, by using Mr. Robot.

Not long ago though, Mr. Robot suddenly wanted me to go with more mastery, sacrificing about 10% crit for 7.13% more mastery. I'll link it here:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/emerald_dream/kitha

Here is also my armory; 

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Kitha/advanced

I dont think I have any problems with taking the damage I do, so I think my build works fine for now.

I guess my question is; as we progress onto the heavy hitting bosses (like solotanking bloodrage on Malk, Thok, and Garrosh), would I be looking for a bigger mastery pool or is 14% buffed enough?

Telling us "Mr robot wanted" is the same as telling me that your default settings some how took over.

Mr robot does not just randomly start picking how to do your reforging it's based on the weights you give it.

If he decided to "change" something it's because the weights changed. I refer you here: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/2430-to-those-people-who-ask-why-does-mr-robot-do-x-and-y/

Now to actually answer your question I would reccommend keeping more emphasis on crit. Mastery is fine to have on your gear but in general crit is all you need.

Now if you're consistently getting hit very hard and it's too much for your healers to manage, you can try adding more mastery in place of crit if it's physical damage. If it's magic damage you're going to need more stamina.

Telling us "Mr robot wanted" is the same as telling me that your default settings some how took over.

Mr robot does not just randomly start picking how to do your reforging it's based on the weights you give it.

If he decided to "change" something it's because the weights changed. I refer you here: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/2430-to-those-people-who-ask-why-does-mr-robot-do-x-and-y/

Well, thats the thing though, I didnt change any of the stats. I've been going with the default build for quite some time, and only now I've started to play with the stat weights. The mastery thing started to happen as soon as I got the amplifier trinket, so maybe that causes some confusion with the coding. I dunno, I'm no good with programming or how it works, all I know is that I've used the same weights, and this happened. 

As for your answer to my question, thanks. I did suspect the crit build was the best for 10 man. I also stated that I didnt take that much damage, but we'll have to see how it fares.