FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
kitsu

PSA - Unity Soloing with a Follower

Keep an eye out for a ring called Unity and any legendary follower token that will make your follower invulnerable.

if you get 2 Unity rings you can put one on yourself and one on your follower. If your follower also has the legendary follower token that makes them not die, you will benefit from a 50% damage reduction.

I would imagine they can fix this by changing the legendary so that the follower still takes damage, but will not die. the fact that blizz has not fixed this yet makes me think that it will cost time and money to program this fix.

AFAIK this still works.

• Like 1

Wow, thats like almost exploit level OP. I wish I had known of this before I blew up my legendary templar relic a few weeks ago (It rolled Dex since I'm a DH, and the other stats were bad, and I don't use that follower so the invulnerability didn't seem to matter).

Sounds like I need to go find myself a few unities! D=

Also: I think this is intended, because even if the follower took damage it'd cut them to 1% and not die. The only fix I can think of is if they changed the effect of unity to only work on players. Fixing the follower to still take damage would still cause you to take 50% damage, your follower would just always be at 1% health, and if its the Templar; wasting heals on himself.

if you recieved 50% of all hits that landed on the follower regardless of their hp, the problem would be fixed. youd still share your damage with them, but you would get in trouble if the follower was getting pummeled. their immortality would be your weakness instead of your exploit.

Oh right, I didn't think about it in terms of follower damage taken, but purely you having 50% of your damage being swapped to the follower =P