FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Enhancement Shaman 5.4

Using Elemental Blast on cooldown is the default behaviour in the SimC profile for Enhancement Shaman. Doing that is slightly better than trying to consume stacks of Maelstrom Weapon with Elemental Blast.

Indeed. I was talking about that in opposition to not using EB (i.e. using a different talent instead).

Indeed. I was talking about that in opposition to not using EB (i.e. using a different talent instead).

All the possible combinations of Tier 4 and Tier 6 talents simmed between 122780.1 and 122993.7. If that's not awesome tuning, then I don't know what is :P

All the possible combinations of Tier 4 and Tier 6 talents simmed between 122780.1 and 122993.7. If that's not awesome tuning, then I don't know what is Posted Image

Well within the error of a real person's rotation then.

Are there any stats on which is easiest to pull off? ^_^

Well within the error of a real person's rotation then.

Are there any stats on which is easiest to pull off? ^_^

I'd say Call of the Elements is pretty easy to use properly :P For the other talents, they share the same complexity of use, somewhat.

I meant in terms of the top tier talents ^_^

I'd probably say that in terms of simplicity, Unleashed Fury is the least big step away from the "normal" Enhancement rotation in comparison to EB or Primal Elementalist. That might mean it's a good starting point for noobs (such as ME! ^_^)

Guest Shamphoo

Just as the 7th tier talent point, i'd say use Elemental Blast.. With just using my rotation and no CD's, my dps increased with 2-4k. I've played both with elemental blast and unleashed fury 3mins or more to test this.

Also it would be worth adding, that elemental blast is best to replace lightning bolt, as it will have the same benefits from maelstrom weapon.

In other words: it will be an instant cast if you get 5 stacks of maelstrom weapon.

It should also increase it's dmg with your mastery. Critting sometimes for 200k +

For AoE however still use the rotation with chained lightning.

Think i'll go back to Unleashed Fury after all.. EB is quite nice bursts/crits, but messes up your rotation a bit as you don't want to waist an instant cast with 5MW. sometimes you get them fast and you got like 5-6 sec cd on EB, you use a LB and when EB is off cd you only got 1-2 stacks of MW sometimes, meaning you either have to w8 till you have 5MW or that you have to cast EB..

Also you would want to use unleashed elements just before every EB for the 30% increased dmg, but the cd's are just 3sec difference.

Guest j

you left out the benefits of skinning from your profession list Master of Anatomy +crit

you left out the benefits of skinning from your profession list Master of Anatomy +crit

Indeed, thank you for pointing this out :) In Mists of Pandaria, with +480 Critical Strike Rating, it is definitely viable for a number of classes!

I will do a lot of simulations next week to see if stat priorities change with Patch 5.1 and I'll add Skinning at the same time.

I tried various setups with echo of elements/elemental blast or elemental mastery and primal elementalist or elemental mastery and elemental blast.

Unfortunately it's true echo of elements and unleashed fury is the top dps however for me, a troll shaman (berserking) and two agi trinkets that proc haste on demand, the setup of elemental mastery and primal elementalist is really really close to the typical top end echo of elements/ unleashed fury. (of course i was reforging to max haste at gem level too). The only bad thing is that at hard fights where you focus at interrupts etc having one more cd to use is a pain, the good thing though is that you sync your elemental mastery with your spirit doggies and your fire elemental with berserking and ascendance Posted Image. Doing some pro initial bursts is fun overthrowing mages hehee.

Also, all the tests of my elemental blast tests were fun and i was! using elemental blast only with maelstrom 5 and i didn't care if it was on cd, at maelstrom5 i was using bolt if the blast was on cd. The bonus on this was that i was never losing autohit attacks that could produce windfury too! and on the other hand i was waiting slightly on maelstromx5 if blast was almost ready.(1-1.5sec). I disagree with hard casting blast and i don't see the point of making bolt only with x5 maelstroms and not blast too. In the end this way you just replace some bolts with blast with added bonus more dmg and 3500 on a secondary stat Posted Image. All may argue in theorycrafting and simcraft but simcraft assumes you have to hardcast. Even if it is customizable i wouldn't change my game style for 3k dps more..

But unfortunately Enha PvE echo of elements and unleashed fury is top dps if you reforge to mastery.

Edited by Voskopoula

But unfortunately Enha PvE echo of elements and unleashed fury is top dps if you reforge to mastery.

Is this for PvP? I ask because according to the IV guide, Mastery is superior to Haste.So really shouldn't we be talking about what's best without Haste?

Guest Quashi

Hello, very helpful guides, appreciate the work put into it.

Will you get around to update it with gear from HoF and ToES? Every guide I see seems to have different BiS lists.

Hi -- Just wanted to drop in and say great guide! Detailed, and has pretty much everything a inspiring Enh Shammy would need to know!

Just wanted to make a quick suggestion -- In your effective cooldowns section in the Rotation category, you mention that it's imperative to have your Spirit Wolves out before Bloodlust/Heroism is cast so that the wolves gain the haste. This is no longer the case.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm right Posted Image

I believe the whole "snapshot" of stats when casting Spirit Wolves/FET/etc. has given way to pets/elemental dynamically gaining any buffs that you receive while they're out.

Worth checking into ... especially since using Feral Spirits and your FET after Bloodlust is wasting precious GCDs! (even though as Enh it does seem you have a totally free GCD to use every 10-12 seconds or so lol...but thats not the point).

Edit: I cannot spell.

Edited by Eyeya
  • Like 1

Guest David

Alright, when I have 2 fist weapons, one ilvl 502 and the other is 489, what one should I put in my main hand and what one should I put into my off hand?

Alright, when I have 2 fist weapons, one ilvl 502 and the other is 489, what one should I put in my main hand and what one should I put into my off hand?

ilevel 502 weapon in your Main-hand slot ;)

Guest ArchanDelon

Why are the PvP trinkets listed so high on the gearing list? I don't understand how an item with no base stats and 10000 pvp power should be anywhere on the PvE list at all.

The items are ranked by item level and then alphabetically, there is no "so high on the gearing list". We say it clearly at the beginning of the gearing up lists.

That PvP power trinkets appear in the PvE list is another issue. These trinkets (and low-level PvP gear) are usually pretty easy to obtain and they can be of great help for people trying to meet the requirements for LFR. Those that are not interested in these trinkets can simply ignore them.

right now I am sitting at around 11.65% hit. I know that 7.5% hit is for the spell hit cap, but white melee damage is usually the top damage ability (based on my recount). I am wondering if i should just reforge out of that to 7.5%, or keep it? because now more of my attacks are hitting boss, therefore my dps is increasing. Or am I missing out on something here?

Guest Phaelen

@bigpox You would be better served by losing the additional hit and putting it in another stat--mastery most likely. While it is true that increased hit will continue to increase your white damage, putting the stat points into mastery will increase your damage at a higher rate.

Guest Fiskit

Hi there,

I am confused by Flame Shock. If you always cast it to consume the Unleash Elements buff. And you get the unleash elements buff every 15 seconds, why do you need to glyph it to 30 seconds? Seems like you would cast it once and earth shock twice, give or take.

Sorry if this is a stupid question or if I have missed something.

Guest Fiskit

Hi there,

I am confused by Flame Shock. If you always cast it to consume the Unleash Elements buff. And you get the unleash elements buff every 15 seconds, why do you need to glyph it to 30 seconds? Seems like you would cast it once and earth shock twice, give or take.

To clarify. I guess what I am asking is. Do you cast it every Unleash Elements or every second one?

Hi there,

To clarify. I guess what I am asking is. Do you cast it every Unleash Elements or every second one?

I was aware of the Flame Shock issue in the guide, but since glyph of Flame Shock was going away with Patch 5.2, I didn't bother fixing it :P

Now, the explanations should be a lot clearer :)

Guest Rak

Hi there,

patch 5.2 changed the Nature's Guardian talent a little:

"The talent Nature's Guardian now preserves the player's health percentage when its maximum health boosting effect expires."

It is not updated in the guide nor is it written in the change log.

Replacing Lightning Bolt with Searing Totem? Searing Totem is top priority already isnt it?

Yes, i don't think that first Searing Totem should be in that line. You should still keep it up ofcourse.

Don't like that magma totem ^^ even with a lot of adds the dmg is so little, but every bit counts ofcourse.

Sign in to follow this