FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Enhancement Shaman 5.4

Hi there,

patch 5.2 changed the Nature's Guardian talent a little:

"The talent Nature's Guardian now preserves the player's health percentage when its maximum health boosting effect expires."

It is not updated in the guide nor is it written in the change log.

I've updated the guide to reflect this change. In all honesty, I skipped this change, because I didn't think it was that significant, but since you mentioned it, I decided to add it anyway ;)

Yes, i don't think that first Searing Totem should be in that line. You should still keep it up ofcourse.

Don't like that magma totem ^^ even with a lot of adds the dmg is so little, but every bit counts ofcourse.

It was a pretty bad typo. I fixed it now.

Q: Does your elemental and spirit wolfs dmg count towards the healing with condutivity and ancestral guidance?

What do you refer to when you say "elemental" in that sentence? Your Spirit Wolves damage should not count towards Conductivity or Ancestral Guidance.

Guest Sharmii

Macro suggestion: I kept throwing down a Searing totem or Magma totem while I had my fire elemental up. So I switched to primal elementalist, so my elementals become pets, and have these two:

/cast [nopet:Primal Fire Elemental] Searing Totem

and

/cast [nopet:Primal Fire Elemental] Magma Totem

Macro suggestion: I kept throwing down a Searing totem or Magma totem while I had my fire elemental up. So I switched to primal elementalist, so my elementals become pets, and have these two:

/cast [nopet:Primal Fire Elemental] Searing Totem

and

/cast [nopet:Primal Fire Elemental] Magma Totem

Thanks! I'm adding it to the guide ;)

Guest Zormag - Tarren Mill

Hail to you my fellow Enhancement Shammys! Something I came up with, after a few weeks as Enhancment Shaman I understood that although that on PvP we most of the time cast Healing Surge on ourselvs and our Allys, sometimes we just don't have what to do with our Meal-Storm, so I made this macro:

What it actually does, give you one button for Elemental Blast and Lightning Bolts in case you wanna increase the DPS or anything..

#showtooltip Elemental Blast

/castsequence reset=12/ Elemental Blast,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt

Please Enjoy! Posted Image

I just noticed the note at the bottom saying that lightning bolt can not be cast while moving. I just did it, so it seems that you can. Anyone else confirm?

I just noticed the note at the bottom saying that lightning bolt can not be cast while moving. I just did it, so it seems that you can. Anyone else confirm?

Confirmed tat you can.

Just an embarassing typo :P

Guest Bogdanov89

You said that "flame shock is the only fire spell in your arsenal" for using Unleash Elements (flametongue).

This is grossly incorrect, since all Fire Nova detonations immensely benefit from UE (flametongue).

Also i am kinda surprised that it is better to stop our auto-attacks to cast Lightning Bolt when we have only 1-3 stacks of MW.

Even a single proc of Windfury should outdamage that slow-casted Lightning bolt, not to mention the auto-attack damage, the flametongue fire damage on hit and the chance on auto-attack to proc Flurry and MWeapon buffs.

Guest kuracisto@arathor

for clarity's sake i suggest your bullets under item 4 in single target rotation be reduced one. the first two simply evaluate to "is unleash flame up?" The same action is applied regardless of whether flame shock is active.

your final sentence in the section "If Flame Shock drops and there are a few seconds left on the cooldown of Unleash Elements , refresh Flame Shock without the Unleash Flame buff" is only a reformulation of the 4th item and add no new information.

Guest Alayea

The optimization for my Enhance shaman keeps going for mastery when I have a haste build (and I have RPPM trinkets in both slots FYI). Why is is this? With Blizzard favoring the RPPM system more and more (among other things), haste began outstripping mastery in 5.2.

I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised at this result when AMR recommended awhile back that for my resto spec, I dump everything for mastery. (Any good resto shaman will tell you that having above 50% mastery is mostly a waste.)

Ooh err. You've had a first brush with the limitations of AMR, and I think it would be beneficial if you had a read of this thread to understand the "proper" way to use AMR. Myself, for Resto, I use a custom stat weighting for AMR and the optimization routine itself (the actual useful bit of AMR) works fantastically.

I stopped using the default stat wieghts for AMR awhile back

Mostly use simcraft to get my personal stat weights and then use ARM to optimize with that. Its more time consuming when you get new gear but its better in the long run

Guest TheBeard

Can anyone explain why at T16 ilvl it's better to gem away from agility? I mean, the stat weight is still double that of Haste and Mastery. What is it about being at higher level gear changes the value of our primary stat?

Can anyone explain why at T16 ilvl it's better to gem away from agility? I mean, the stat weight is still double that of Haste and Mastery. What is it about being at higher level gear changes the value of our primary stat?

Sometimes when gemming you get significantly more secondary stats than primaries. This means that you **can** get a minor increase when the secondaries are worth more than half the value of primaries. It's basically all down to stat weights and optimization, but believe me if your stat weights are correct and Mr Robot optimizes you to gem into secondaries then that's the optimal thing to do.

Guest Chozzenone

I did have a question with the new patch now that mastery>haste I was wondering is EB now more viable with the SS buff and since we are going into mastery or is it still third behind UF and PE

Guest Pó

I did have a question with the new patch now that mastery>haste I was wondering is EB now more viable with the SS buff and since we are going into mastery or is it still third behind UF and PE

Echo of the Elements holds the strongest with the mastery build. If you run SimCraft you will see what the best is for your gear. 90 tier talents are all realtively close with dps. After you recieve your T16 2 pc, UF pulls ahead by about 1%. Again the best thing you can do is just run SimCraft

Guest Movara

I haven't really found a good and clear answer for this question without asking personally, but I'm wondering what gear level is sufficient to start gemming straight Mastery. I'm at 526, about to snag my Legendary cloak as well if that makes a difference, and planning to move away from RReO once I get a better trinket. Mr. Robot's already telling me to gem for it with straight yellow sockets, but I just wanna be sure.

I haven't really found a good and clear answer for this question without asking personally, but I'm wondering what gear level is sufficient to start gemming straight Mastery. I'm at 526, about to snag my Legendary cloak as well if that makes a difference, and planning to move away from RReO once I get a better trinket. Mr. Robot's already telling me to gem for it with straight yellow sockets, but I just wanna be sure.

Read changelog on that page: https://www.icy-veins.com/enhancement-shaman-wow-pve-dps-statistics-priority-reforging smile.png

why do we need the macro for Primal Fire Elemental when thje tallent is passiv? :S

The macro is not for the talent, but for the pets.

Guest Stâmpfine

Hey guys, just a quick question about something that i've been trying to figure out for a long time now. Does the Fire Elemental Totem / Greater Fire Elemental Totem scale with our mastery/haste/kritratings? 

As far as I know it does profit from  our Attackpower, but does it profit from secondary stats, too?

And if so, does it scale dynamically?

Couldn't find an answer to my question in the forum sad.png

Cheers

Guest Guest

Ancestral Swiftness macro does NOT work. It wont bypass the cool down of Ancestral Swiftness for the 5 stacks of mael. If I'm missing something please advise. At this time 

Macro;

#showtooltip Lightning Bolt

/cast Ancestral Swiftness

/cast Lightning Bolt 

Fails as described above.

Guest Ryrok @ Hyjal

I'm really curious about what gear triggers mastery outstripping haste. I've got the CD trinket and the 535 Timeless Isle trinket, and Mister Robot is telling me my stat weights are 2xHaste > 2xMaster > 1xAgi.

I'm really curious about what gear triggers mastery outstripping haste. I've got the CD trinket and the 535 Timeless Isle trinket, and Mister Robot is telling me my stat weights are 2xHaste > 2xMaster > 1xAgi.

It's a good idea to simulate your toon to find stat weights, rather than relying on AMR. If you don't know how to do that, we can walk you through it in the Shaman section of the forums! :)

Sign in to follow this