FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Enhancement Shaman 5.4

Guest Ruzel

The one issue that I have is that I just looked at Purge's profile, and Purge plays elemental and resto. I know it's a possibilty that he/she played enh in the past, but still. It doesn't even look like Purge plays enh primarily, so I don't see how they would have as viable of input as someone else who is at the top of the food chain who plays enh as their primary spec.

The one issue that I have is that I just looked at Purge's profile, and Purge plays elemental and resto. I know it's a possibilty that he/she played enh in the past, but still. It doesn't even look like Purge plays enh primarily, so I don't see how they would have as viable of input as someone else who is at the top of the food chain who plays enh as their primary spec.

That's because they linked the wrong Purge, his profile is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/antonidas/purge/simple here.  Good catch.

EDIT: Further investigation leads me to believe it was, at one point, the correct Purge, but then he server transferred and someone else made a Purge on that server.

Edited by SparkSovereign

Just want to add, Chain heal is available with your MW procs and allso very usefull for some heals if people aren't that stacked up for healing rain.

Now i got a question. I've got myself a normale weapon and an LFR one (both SoO), Standard i thought that the best one has to be put in Main hand just for stronger attacks and Windfury weapon imbue. But would it maybe be worht puttin gin Offhand for harder Lava lash hits? I doubt it but maybe someone knows a better answer here :)

Just want to add, Chain heal is available with your MW procs and allso very usefull for some heals if people aren't that stacked up for healing rain.

Now i got a question. I've got myself a normale weapon and an LFR one (both SoO), Standard i thought that the best one has to be put in Main hand just for stronger attacks and Windfury weapon imbue. But would it maybe be worht puttin gin Offhand for harder Lava lash hits? I doubt it but maybe someone knows a better answer here smile.png

This experiment has been done, and the conclusion was that main hand wins out from little things all over the place (windfury is the big one, but your offhand does reduced (50%, iirc) white damage too).  However, I'm not aware of any study of this since the T16 4pc became available; if you're in a cleave fight and Lava Lash is having its CD reset every few GCDs, it might be worth putting your better weapon there.  I have a bunch of sims to work on re: cooldown stacking with Assurance of Consequence, I'll add that to the pile and see what I come up with.

In the meantime, assume you still want your highest ilvl weapon in your main hand.

Guest Noboru

Just thought I might add a quick and pretty easy macro that was on wowwiki for flame/earth shock it allows to cast flame shock and get the dot up then next time its pressed it will cast earth shock then the macro will reset and allow you to rebuff flame shock.

#Showtooltip
/castsequence reset=combat/target/12 Flame Shock, Earth Shock
/startattack [harm].

Just thought I might add a quick and pretty easy macro that was on wowwiki for flame/earth shock it allows to cast flame shock and get the dot up then next time its pressed it will cast earth shock then the macro will reset and allow you to rebuff flame shock.

#Showtooltip

/castsequence reset=combat/target/12 Flame Shock, Earth Shock

/startattack [harm].

I'm really not a fan of macros like that, because you get into the habit of refreshing Flame Shock early, and not maximizing your Flame Shock damage.  One of the facets to high end Enhancement play is snapshotting a really healthy Flame Shock, and then knowing when to refresh it after the fact.

• Like 1

Guest Bullheaded

There are a few things you are still missing about stormstrike, ascendance and maelstrom. I see no mention about elemental blast being apart of the crit bonus debuf from stormstirke and also that when you have 5 stacks of maelstrom elemental blast becomes a instant. When using ascendance you should always use stormstrike first then cast ascendance because it resets the cool down on stormstrike.

There are a few things you are still missing about stormstrike, ascendance and maelstrom. I see no mention about elemental blast being apart of the crit bonus debuf from stormstirke and also that when you have 5 stacks of maelstrom elemental blast becomes a instant. When using ascendance you should always use stormstrike first then cast ascendance because it resets the cool down on stormstrike.

The fact that Stormstrike is reset with Ascendance is a good point.  It's the same thing as Ele, where Lava Burst's CD is also reset by Ascendance.

If you're specced for Elemental Blast, it becomes your highest priority regardless of Maelstrom stacks.  Thus, it's unnecessary to mention.

Guest Guest

A combo points counter addon can really help you get off a instant cast by showing you a easy way to identify maelstrom stacks.

Guest Teaton

Why don't you recommend Shock and Awe as an Add-on?

Why don't you recommend Shock and Awe as an Add-on?

Shock and Awe is currently 99% unsupported, and everything that is does, a WeakAura can do better.

It's not a bad addon, it's just hard to recommend.

A few questions since I'm leveling as Enhancement:

1. What priority does Fire Nova take on AoE fights? The guide only says "on cooldown", but what if both Unleash Elements(Unleashed Fury version) and Fire Nova are ready.

2. What priority does Elemental Blast take? eg before or after <Spellname>. Same as question 1.

3. Comments on the "/castsequence reset=8 Stormstrike, Lava Lash" macro?

A few questions since I'm leveling as Enhancement:

1. What priority does Fire Nova take on AoE fights? The guide only says "on cooldown", but what if both Unleash Elements(Unleashed Fury version) and Fire Nova are ready.

2. What priority does Elemental Blast take? eg before or after <Spellname>. Same as question 1.

3. Comments on the "/castsequence reset=8 Stormstrike, Lava Lash" macro?

1. Depends how AoE heavy those fights are.  With two targets, I'd use UE.  With three targets (all with Flame Shock on them), I'd use Fire Nova as priority one.

2. EB takes top priority, no matter how many Mael stacks you're at.

3. I don't like rotational macros like that because I feel as though they can desync or get screwed up too easily.  But that's my personal opinion.  It will, however, screw up any time you get a 4pc T16 proc, so you should have Lash on a separate bind in that case.

Guest Maulis425

Hello,

The link to Fire Blast for the elemental shows the link of Blood Plague.

Guest Schtauffen
  •  

If wow_icon_spell_fire_flameshock.jpg Flame Shock drops and there are a few seconds left on the cooldown of wow_icon_spell_shaman_improvedstormstrik Unleash Elements, refresh wow_icon_spell_fire_flameshock.jpg Flame Shock without the wow_icon_spell_shaman_unleashweapon_flam Unleash Flame buff.

Together, those make it "apply if not on your target OR unleash flames is up" No need for all the convolution.

Guest SsS

Nature's Guardian increases your health only for 10 sec instead of 30.

• wow_icon_spell_nature_natureguardian.jpg Nature's Guardian will proc every time you receive a damaging attack that brings you below 30% health (although not more often than every 30 seconds). When Nature's Guardian procs, it immediately reduces your threat towards your attacker and increases your maximum health by 25% for 30 seconds (when the effect ends, your health percentage is preserved).

Nature's Guardian increases your health only for 10 sec instead of 30.

• wow_icon_spell_nature_natureguardian.jpg Nature's Guardian[/size] will proc every time you receive a damaging attack that brings you below 30% health (although not more often than every 30 seconds). When Nature's Guardian procs, it immediately reduces your threat towards your attacker and increases your maximum health by 25% for 30 seconds (when the effect ends, your health percentage is preserved).

Thanks for spotting this typo! We will fix it shortly wink.png

Guest Reason

Now I know I've been away from WoW for too long...

Us Enhancement Shaman used to treat Haste like it was the plague, but now it's in our stat priority? Panda WoW sure seems strange...

Now I know I've been away from WoW for too long...

Us Enhancement Shaman used to treat Haste like it was the plague, but now it's in our stat priority? Panda WoW sure seems strange...

Well, as far as I know mastery gives a lot of damage and when you don't need hit/exp or can't get more mastery, haste is the next best thing because of windfury procs

Sign in to follow this