FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
datrunk2dunk

Arcane Mage with logs

Well this is link to armory, 

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Petfood/simple

Logs from a few fights, no kill on IJ, first prog attempt. Ignore all the immerseus data, i have no idea how it got there. 

Now any kind of input would be appreciated. I want to improve and play this as properly as possible. And i feel like my DPS is below par. Im not sure though.

I'm not seeing any logs, just the armory link.

On your armory, you're 1.37% over hit cap, so that's all wasted stats.

Edited by Elro

Yup, Elro is right, fix the gear :>

Can you link us to your logs? You seem to have had the intention too but you didn't manage.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7h3aAbfcyTxMCZz2#fight=13

No idea how i managed to mess that up tongue.png but yea here it is. DPS is definetly low on Sha. I will fix the hit, its over because i got a new piece which i didnt reforge yet.

PS: I was dead most of the IJ fights tongue.png so just look at galakras and sha alone please.

Sorry for the double post, but whats the best addon to use to track bombs on multiple targets? From the logs its apparent i need to improve my bomb uptimes so i was wondering what good addons there are. And with affdots mage, what percentage of increase should i wait for before i refresh bomb? It goes up by as low as 2-3%, i feel like i should refresh the bomb if its 10% and over. But what are your thoughts? And refreshing bombs with respect to how fresh it is. For example i just cast a new bomb and there is affdots show me an increase of 10%, is it worth refreshing then?

Edited by Oltier

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7h3aAbfcyTxMCZz2#fight=13

No idea how i managed to mess that up tongue.png but yea here it is. DPS is definetly low on Sha. I will fix the hit, its over because i got a new piece which i didnt reforge yet.

PS: I was dead most of the IJ fights tongue.png so just look at galakras and sha alone please.

Sorry for the double post, but whats the best addon to use to track bombs on multiple targets? From the logs its apparent i need to improve my bomb uptimes so i was wondering what good addons there are. And with affdots mage, what percentage of increase should i wait for before i refresh bomb? It goes up by as low as 2-3%, i feel like i should refresh the bomb if its 10% and over. But what are your thoughts? And refreshing bombs with respect to how fresh it is. For example i just cast a new bomb and there is affdots show me an increase of 10%, is it worth refreshing then?

Ok so here's what I am seeing, your rune uptime on sha was a little low but that could be to various factors (prison, maze etc) your galakras rune uptime at first glance seems decent...but on a fight like that not overly great...but passable, until you realize where that rune downtime comes from.  You let your rune drop for 18 seconds during bloodlust, the most important time that you would want it up for. For not having glyphed AP (you should on this fight) and how long the fight went you should have used it an extra time, you would have gotten an extra AP and a half out of better timings (the half coming from the AP that you ended the fight on).

So on sha, again your Arcane power could have been used an extra time, I don't know if you need a CD tracker or a weakaura for it but in case you do, here's mine:

dKZ7haGEvqTnIyMKkOzRWnjv0HLYTjL)cs7KK2lA3ISFcPrrQqgMu1Vf8nHAOujdMq1WjXbbHtPcOJrW5eYcbLLQcYIjv1YPQhsQupf6Xe1Zv6zGQPkQjtftxYfjexLuH6YuUUQAJkItdSzPY2br(OkqFNq5ZQ08ivGPPkltrnAfPXtQKlPcWTisxJk15vHgNk61GO(jPktbMj2yMfXLOxONOgrhIomtCTrNRaiveHPxoRNo1HImjt0BxqiLpQyeV(WxHy6RL9G718lvficCicHxULmrf3vqmZtCeAomt0hggZe1(JcWmlwSiA6sPLCmhcJfrzMPQaZe)RLdHrbuO(elp4EnpZetnnBzMQceHWl3sMOI7kiM5zru(Vvqd6uGJrSaAMdlIk(W1B76YBYGfesuvG4udCNwCsS7OOZ5y3rZpb4cNWzN0xmXrO5WmX)AqLhTDjmI(WWyMO2FuaMzXI4FnORIjtyexftMzIliDhgvfiQ9hfGzQkqySyr8Vgu5GM(TIWikpA7YmXfKUdJOoH4GIWIfXUqQqWHnQo)i6awLr7iwnziVepafIE7ccP8rfJiqoKicCicHlIIbCQPCsS7OOZZOtjrp4NrXXSt6lMOU0RRBTItK(IMDhh1lriwsFFFFp7K(KqS54akqi1gqlp4En)YmlIPVw2dUxZVuvG4r966wR4ePNV3B(fl4g(jCj9WFSt6tcXTAYqEDfaPIOUfrnlYHyr1zMjEuVUU1kor6579MFXcUHFcxsp8h7K(Kq8VwoegfqH6tS8G718mtSoQye3Qv)LyQPzlZuvGieE5wYevCxbXmplIEtRbsG0fAqX8Tk4jQdiAqYsfrDhcdNGyjrf3LpC92UIkUocvSX4aj6nTgibsxIc9e)jdswQi2(vG4FnO)eOimI)1G6nTgibsxcJ4FnORIngQnnJWiUk2yO20mQkm3)Mjk)3kObDkWXiwanZHfrfF46TDD5nzWccjQkqCQbUtloj2Du05CS7O5NaCHt4St6lM4i0CyM4FnOYJ2UegrFyymtu7pkaZSyr8Vg0vXKjmIRIjZmXfKUdJQce1(JcWmvfimwSi(xdQCqt)wryeLhTDzM4cs3HruNqCqryXIyxivi4WgvNFeDaRYODeRMmKxIhGcrVDbHu(OIreihse1LEDDRvCI0x0S74OEjcXs67777zN0NeIB1KH86kasfrDlIAwKdre4qecxIk(mXMJdOaHuBaT8G718lZSikgWPMYjXUJIopJoLe9GFgfhZoPVyIo22QVVvgHrm91YEW9A(LQce)PYdUxZZmXvXgd1MMrvH5(3mlIYHWWjiwI6ZIQWzMOU0RRBTItK(IMDhh1lriwsFFFFp7K(Kq8Nkp4EnpZexfBmuBAgvfM7FZSi(xlhcJcOq9j2saTwbcjMjQ1ajMjwhvmIkEBTIOI3wRi2gktBU(J1yXIy5b3R5zMyDuXiUvR(lrdswQicHCbcjrfxhVn9hgXutZwMPQari8YTKjQ4UcIzEwe)RbDvSXqTPzegXFYGKLkITFfi(xd6pbkcJ4QyJHAtZOQWC)BMO8FRGg0PahJyb0mhwev8HR321L3KbliKOQaXPg4oT4Ky3rrNZXUJMFcWfoHZoPVyIJqZHzI)1GkpA7sye9HHXmrT)OamZIfX)AqxftMWiUkMmZexq6omQkqu7pkaZuvGWyXI4FnOYbn9BfHruE02LzIliDhgrDcXbfHflIDHuHGdBuD(r0BxqiLpQyebYHerGdriCjQ4WjEuVUU1kor6579MFXcUHFcxsp8h7K(KqumGtnLtIDhfDEgDkj6b)mkoMDsFXetFTShCVMFPQaXMJdOaHuBaT8G718lZSiUvtgYRRaive1TiQzroelweHevfEc9Siba

Also I see you use the glyph on this fight, but aren't lusting at the start, I would advise against using the glyph of AP unless you are lusting at the start of a fight (Galakras and Norushen being exceptions, sometimes).  Your living bomb uptime is a little low, like your RoP uptime, but again I'm not looking through to see if you are getting prisons and mazes, I'm not picking through everything all day.

As for a bomb tracker, I would just invest in a good boss frame and good nameplates, if you use Elv, there should be options to set this all up so that you see dots above enemy heads and set up to see your dots on the side/top/bottom/wherever of your boss frames, I have found these two options in conjunction have done me a lot of good for DoT tracking. Combustion helper has a DoT tracker in the form of a few bars on top of it I believe but doesn't tell you which target if I remember correctly (I haven't used it since Cata). Affdots may be a decent option for tracking DoTs (again i don't know haven't use it) but I wouldn't recommend looking too far into refreshing based on % increase for two reasons:

1) It isn't accurate, your trinkets may give you a 10% increase on refresh, but you may have less mana than when you applied the last bomb, netting you a loss, but affdots doesn't track your mastery/mana properly (unless there has been a recentish update that I am unaware of)

2) 90% of the time uptime is more important than strength, I would focus on clipping your DoTs on multiple targets properly more than I would the strength of the DoT, it's a more valuable increase at the end of the day.

Edit: Use some expertise mastery gems, don't use all int mastery.

Edited by voltaa

K thanks a lot. I just got myself a Leggings of furious flame hc, would it be worth to swap out of the 4 piece and use this to replace my tier legs?

As in not using the 4 set and only using 2 set? No, use the 4 set pretty much til BiS.  As for which of the offpieces to use with your 4 set, go with whatever gives you more mastery in the end.

Edited by voltaa

Thanks for everything Voltaa! <3.

Here are logs from yesterday

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Np1GbfXkZ2R3KmVx#fight=1

I know you told me to not glyph AP on some fights and i kinda forgot about that in some cases Q_Q and when i did manage to not glyph i'm aware i didnt use it as often, i instinctively end up waiting for procs or whatever. I'll work on that.

I think there are some improvements. But as far as i can see here are the things i noticed:

1. Bomb time is slightly better but still needs to hit the 95%+ mark

2. RoP can be better as well. 

Other than this, the questions that cause me the most trouble when im playing is this:

1. When is it worth using arcane barrage and when is it worth holding onto 4 charges? 

2. What bombs do i use for each encounter? There was a guide here called Bombs for each bosses for frost mages (something like that) and i more or less follow that.

3. Glyph of loose mana is worth it right?

4. And i must be over 90% mana 100% of the time yes? Or are there exceptional cases where i can drop? There are times when i'm at like 94-96% mana where im tempted to just throw off another AB or wait for 100 and throw another AB but somehow it does not seem to feel right, just wanted to confirm. 

5. Unglyphed arcane power, whats the best way to use it? I remember u saying to use it on cooldown and not wait for procs, but do i wait for 4 charges and 100% mana? or a mana gem?

I'm sorry i ask so many questions, i know i can do much better and that thought drives me crazy XD I want to improve so bad. If its trouble replying or something please feel free to stop, i really appreciate all your replies so far. Thanks a ton..

Also do you use weak auras to track your trinket procs and bomb?? If yes can you give me the string? I made a few myself but they are ugly and not at all compact :S

Thanks for everything Voltaa! <3.

Here are logs from yesterday

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Np1GbfXkZ2R3KmVx#fight=1

I know you told me to not glyph AP on some fights and i kinda forgot about that in some cases Q_Q and when i did manage to not glyph i'm aware i didnt use it as often, i instinctively end up waiting for procs or whatever. I'll work on that.

I think there are some improvements. But as far as i can see here are the things i noticed:

1. Bomb time is slightly better but still needs to hit the 95%+ mark

2. RoP can be better as well. 

Other than this, the questions that cause me the most trouble when im playing is this:

1. When is it worth using arcane barrage and when is it worth holding onto 4 charges? 

2. What bombs do i use for each encounter? There was a guide here called Bombs for each bosses for frost mages (something like that) and i more or less follow that.

3. Glyph of loose mana is worth it right?

4. And i must be over 90% mana 100% of the time yes? Or are there exceptional cases where i can drop? There are times when i'm at like 94-96% mana where im tempted to just throw off another AB or wait for 100 and throw another AB but somehow it does not seem to feel right, just wanted to confirm. 

5. Unglyphed arcane power, whats the best way to use it? I remember u saying to use it on cooldown and not wait for procs, but do i wait for 4 charges and 100% mana? or a mana gem?

I'm sorry i ask so many questions, i know i can do much better and that thought drives me crazy XD I want to improve so bad. If its trouble replying or something please feel free to stop, i really appreciate all your replies so far. Thanks a ton..

Well your RoP uptime has improved a lot since the last logs I looked at so that is good, keep working on that. Your bomb uptimes could still come up a bit as well as your choice of bomb could be improved, for FP and Noru you should be using NT instead of LB, the cleave damage is HUGE.

Arcane barrage is worth using when you are going to drop below 80-85% mana, I don't know where you got 90-95% from but you can drop a solid 10% lower and still have a solid rotation.  In 4 target situations as well, you want to get as many barrages out as possible since it will be your highest DPET (if you can hit all 4 targets) so build stacks as fast as possible using missiles and blast and immediately let your barrage rip. In 1-3 Target situations you want to stay at 4 charges as long as you can, using bombs and your 2 piece to try to extend the duration you stay at 85%+ mana and 4 stacks.

For bombs and encounters I'll just make a short little list here for you.

NT: Protectors, Norushen, Galakras, Shamans*, Nazgrim*, Spoils, Klaxxi (if you are padding)

LB: Immerseus, Sha, IJ, Shamans*, Nazgrim*, Malkorok, Thok, Siegecrapper, Klaxxi (for progression), Garrosh

(* is strat depending, stacking strats mean NT, spreading strats mean LB)

Use glyph of loose mana.

I just use my unglyphed AP pretty well on CD, don't bother waiting for mana gems, since those will line up with every AT/AP if you don't use them.

Nab question: What is padding?

Thanks for everything else. I hear that LB/FB are good for galakras? Atleast when i stay below, how far is this true? I tried LB today, was ok, gave me more gcd's to build 4 charges and throw barrages but idk if it made up for it.

But this is awesome. I'll work on it and post logs in a while. Thanks a lot Voltaa :)

Nab question: What is padding?

Thanks for everything else. I hear that LB/FB are good for galakras? Atleast when i stay below, how far is this true? I tried LB today, was ok, gave me more gcd's to build 4 charges and throw barrages but idk if it made up for it.

But this is awesome. I'll work on it and post logs in a while. Thanks a lot Voltaa smile.png

Padding is inflating your numbers with unnecessary damage, AOEing adds when you should be targeting garrosh etc.

I've never tried FB on gal, but as for both LB and NT on that fight, I for sure get way better results using NT.

Do i use frost armor for single target / LB fights for the extra 2 ticks since im running with 9762 haste?

Yes, but not for all LB fights as a we believed earlier this tier/late last tier.  Only for the pure single target encounters, meaning Iron Jugg this tier (and Malk if normal mode).  You should be using MA for 13/14 fights with a few exceptions for progression, such as on paragons it can be beneficial to take Frost Armor for better single target focus damage since all other damage (outside of the Hisek/Korven split) is irrelevant.

Is it worth going to for the 13163 haste cap??

If your gear passively takes you to that point, sure.  Don't actively try to hit it though, just reforge Mastery>Haste>Crit

My gear -can- passively take me there. Like i have off pieces that im using cuz of the mastery but are normal, but i have heroic versions that provide haste. Like i have the normal bone inlaid sandals, and im using it for the mastery, but i have the heroic shoes from protectors which give haste. Few more pieces like this. If i switch out, i can reach the point. But i will lose mastery then about 2-3k.

My gear -can- passively take me there. Like i have off pieces that im using cuz of the mastery but are normal, but i have heroic versions that provide haste. Like i have the normal bone inlaid sandals, and im using it for the mastery, but i have the heroic shoes from protectors which give haste. Few more pieces like this. If i switch out, i can reach the point. But i will lose mastery then about 2-3k.

Just stack mastery, don't worry about breakpoints, they'll come with gear (if it has the right itemization)

My armory and logs:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Azurewong/simple

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/8590

I am also new to arcane and have very same situation with you. And just found the other mage of your guild, tahril, handled so much movement really well on Dark Shaman with arcane.

Edited by neworiental