FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
aquilani

shatter cap

You need 28% with full buffs (including food + flask etc). I wouldn't advise anyone to aim to it though since you get high enough from gear atm.

Edited by durrtygoodz
  • Like 1

dont give upon mastery for crit bcuz u get trinket/lightweave/jade spirit procs as well. So u can go more than 30% of crit

Whether or not to deliberately get to 28% crit is a bit of a difficult one. On the one hand, you really don't need that extra crit most of the time. On the other hand, added crit on some spells coupled with a few shatter spells not critting where they could have already makes it worth it. At the end of the day, frost stats are incredibly close in terms of potency. I've personally done Garrosh HC progression with 34% crit and trust me, with proper snapshotting it actually works well.

Then again, I then went back to 19.4k haste > mastery to kill it and that worked just as well. Different builds work best on different fights but overall most of them are equally strong. Exterior factors prove a far larger influence on your damage range.

yeah i have the gear for the haste build but i really did not care for it. I suppose I am not very good at snap shots. I am pretty comfortable at the 14242 haste cap. I have been told by a few other mages to drop it down a little bit cause of the 5% spell haste raid buff 

yeah i have the gear for the haste build but i really did not care for it. I suppose I am not very good at snap shots. I am pretty comfortable at the 14242 haste cap. I have been told by a few other mages to drop it down a little bit cause of the 5% spell haste raid buff 

..? You mean because you guys don't have the spell haste raid buff? I wouldn't change my build, I'd tell my raid leader to find a hunter or elemental shaman, there are hundreds of them and spell haste is probably the most powerful buff for us after Time Warp.

Reads to me like he thinks he needs less than 14242 because of the 5% buff, which simply isn't true. 14242 implies the 5% buff, which is why the little sporebat icon is on my guide :P

If he does in fact mean his raid lacks the 5% spell haste buff-- well then find a new guild, there's no point to you being there without it and there's no justification for a raid leader ever intentionally choosing something else over it.

• Like 1

Must have written that wrong, we do have spell haste buff. What i was talking about is I know a few mages that run 48% raid buffed. I suppose the GCD is still barely above 1 second, it is all preference i guess. By the way Akraen thanks for all the help you do in the mage community!

I have no idea why Lhivera said 48% because that was found by simming frost with rune of power when 5.4 was released. Obviously that number should be thrown out.

50% (14242) or ~63% (19347) are really the only breakpoints I'd choose between now for single target. You get a few more options with NT.