FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pandacho

Ele off spec

Guys, I have some weird question. smile.png

I just set up an offspec for our farm Heroics, where I could go dps and not heal.

But I'm not too sure about stat weights for the ele and have a limitation - can't touch (regem, reforge) the weapon and the boots - they are from my resto spec.

So i didn't make reforging, gemming and upgrades yet - maybe you'll help me to do it right and not to redo everything after some stupid mistakes smile.png

Armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Pandacho/simple

Edited by Pandacho

If you already know the stat weights you want and are using Ask Mr Robot for your reforging, you can lock the boots and weapon by clicking on them and clicking the padlock in the new window. That will tell Mr Robot to leave those pieces alone when you click "Optimized".

A decent rule of thumb for Elemental is to go for a lot of Mastery once you have the LMG, which I think you already have. Although it's not as simple as all that, it would probably be worth it for an offspec. If you want a more detailed look into it, you could try this thread (warning: it's long and has a lot of twists and turns, but it's got a lot of useful info).

Stoove is right on the money.  I'd use AMR, locking your Boots/Weapon in place before hitting optimize.  That should make the optimizer completely ignore them.  The default stat weights are great for offspec play; typically I'd also suggest Haste to ~28% > Mastery > Haste.

Infact, you can just click this, and hit Optimize.  It should include your Weapon and Boots being locked.

Another thing to be aware of is how low value the Frenzied Crystal of Rage is.  If you have any good trinkets from ToT or Flex (PBoI, BBoY, BotH), I'd easily recommend them over the Crystal.  Even a Prismatic Prism would come ahead, from the amplification alone.

• Like 1

Thank you very much, guys. I'll do the changes.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other dps trinket, never was lucky :-/ Even on resto i don't have Prismatic Prism (LFR/Flex/Normal/HM - nothing)