FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Linya

Shadow log analysis tips?

Is there anything to look for when analyzing the reason a shadow priest is underperforming other than dot uptimes, mind blast usage (fight duration / 10?), shadow orb usage, mfi uptime?

Also, how do you analyze dot uptimes for a multitarget fight?

Thanks!

well first look at there gear how close are they to the haste cap. how geared are they. shadow are really depend on gear. a lot of time you need to look at the entire picture not just logs.

Edited by TIme987

Am really looking to improve my shadow play.  I spend about 75% of my time disc and 25% as shadow.  My gear is currently prioritized toward shadow mainspec - but sometimes that changes.  I was shadow for Norushen, Galakras, and Nazgrim.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2Pbt7VhTDQm9LdgY#fight=12

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AQ7w6bXLWFkBmvdx#fight=19

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Xlinya/advanced

P.S. I know my second trinket blows. But since I spend over half my time healing I haven't prioritized it - guess I should run flex again if I'm going to spend much time as shadow. 

P.P.S. It seems easier to be sufficient as disc with some slots prioritized for shadow than to ever play shadow with gear prioritized towards disc.

Edited by Linya

your stats look good  i could suggest pushing your haste a little higher by overriding your Socket Bonus: by gemming to pure haste. at this point socket bonuses that is pure intel is a bit pointless. you wont have to do that much. cap is 18,215. you need 1410 to hit the cap.  you would need to hit 8 more gems for the 320 haste to hit the cap. i would suggest picking up eather the Flameslinger's Fiery Cowl or Iron Wolf Hood. that will give your haste a good bump so you would not have to over ride as many socket bonuses.

your crit and mastery should be close to the same. with in like 5 ish points and you got a 10 point bump to mastery. so it might help if you up your crit a bit.

on the longs. the major  " single target" fights your disc. so that a bit of a bummer. but from the fight i have seen that you are shadow. your doing around 250k dps. your uptime on your 2 dots should be around 90% a lot of time it is lower. other then that on the Galakras  i would suggest using Mind Sear a bit more other then that you should be good. shadow priest are currently at the bottom of the totem when it come do over all dps.

if you can gem expertise/haste without going over hit, you'll want to do that rather than ignore red socket bonuses. 

to improve dps as shadow, have a plan where you are going to move so that when you do move you can do it asap and get right back to dps. priority is keep mind blast on cd, and keep pain on the target at all times. one vamp touch is enough and 3 or 4 pains are enough when multidotting.

"shadow priest dot timers" helps track buffs like your meta so you know which dots are buffed and shouldnt be refreshed. if you have to move a lot while your dots arent buffed, spam pain as you run.

the "gnosis" addon guestimates when your channeled spells tick, so you can clip just after a tick. this is especially nice if you run insanity. cliping flay just before DP ends will help you get the most insanity ticks possible.