FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
littlelock69

How much dps should a 579 fury be doing?

DPS highly depends on the fight, the actual gear you have, and the different tasks you have to do on any given fight.

raidbots.com/epeenbot

This website is one of many tools that can help you compare yourself to other players of your class and spec on any given fight.

If you want any personalized help, I'd be more than glad to help you, you just need to make sure to link your armory, and most importantly, logs.

Hope this helps,

-rage

thx for the reply,k so last time i raid was like 2 months ago and now that im back and testing my dps on dummy and doing some flex i cant help but think that my dps is off some how,like low for my ilvl..like on dummy do 420-500k but with cd's after that its like 280k-320k or less somtimes.I also want to ask whats the opener fury warriors use,as i think im also off there.as of now i dont have logs

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Demonskiller/simple

With SC you can have an idea of the average DPS you can done on static (or not) boss.

Static is around 435 K DPS with 579 Ilvl (>475 K with the new upgrade Valor point). If you want to have a close idea, you can simulate yourself with SC.

Anyway, warriors we have a gap of 40-50k DPS for the same fight. Depending on your proc and Crit.

--------

I took a look on your armory:

Weapon:  Garrosh > Sha weapon > Garthok one (if you can have Garrosh or Sha one it will be better i think)

Regarding your logs:

http://raidbots.com/comparebot/537c6f8974254e2943000135

Bladestorm is uselless on that fight. Even if you use it for the Bats time (only 20s of the fight for 8mn fight overall). 

For the Thok Fight: You have to use zerk stance (you loose too much rage cause of your battle stance). Hagobert for example generate 2541 Rage with it. Personnaly, I used the zerk stance as soon as the boss make its 5th acceleration and i keep it to the end.

Compare to the other warrior you:

- your open burst is too low (both of you)

- Do not use the correct stance.

- your melee uptime is too low 

- you have problem with WS and HS. Ws should be use if you want to keep your rage high for the next CS time. 

- overall dps too too low

Quite a bit of misinformation going on here.

Realbufu, your DPS looks fine on the fight you linked. Thok is a pain to analyze though so I looked at Malkorok to give me a better idea, and you seem to do decently enough. You could've used a couple more Bloodthirsts easily, and your enrage uptime was on the low side because of it. You also probably could've used 1 more Colossus Smash/Stormbolt in that fight, but nothing to lose sleep over. Your biggest DPS gains will be by maximizing your enrage uptime (which in return will also give you many more Raging Blows) and using fight mechanics to your advantage.

---

Talking about simcraft is ok, but you have to realize that currently, it's in a weird (but the good kind of weird) spot for Fury Warriors. Our module in Simcraft is one of the most up to date and optimized, and we don't have a lot of the subtleties other classes have, so SimC can actually model us accurately. Also, we're not using any RPPM trinkets this tier, so we can't get super high parses with good RNG like most other classes can. The combination of both these factors make SimC ideal for use to figure our stat weights, but will always make the DPS estimate a bit bigger than what we'll do, since it is, for all intent and purposes, pretty much doing a perfect rotation.

As far as weapons go, I'm with you when you say that the Garrosh weapon is best. However, Haste is so shitty for warriors than under most circumstances, Gar'thok will usually be better than the Sha of Pride sword (assuming you can handle the big chunk of expertise on it and reforge the mastery to Crit). This is also due to the fact that past a certain point (somewhere above 40% crit) Mastery almost catches up to crit in value. No matter the weapon still, higher ilvl will always be best. A HWF Thok's polearm would be better than any non-warforged heroic weapon.

Regarding Bladetorm: It is far from useless on this fight. In fact, a Fury Warrior should never not use Bladestorm this tier. It is your best talent choice, both in single target and AoE. Plus, having it for the bats is a huge plus, since it helps melt them that much faster.

The Zerker Stance point is a good one, and one that I forget to look at in most logs people send me. Just keep in mind that whenever you'Re not taking damage, Zerker Stance will be shit, and it only gives rage for damage you actually take, therefore anytime you have a spirit shell or a disc priest's bubble, it'll be way less effective. On Thok, I usually switch back and forth between battle and berserker for the first 4 Screeches, at which point they become fact enough to sit in Zerker Stance until the phase transition. On other fights, just use it whenever a big burst of predictable damage comes, for instance Swelling Pride on Sha, or the Whirls on Garrosh.

I hope this helps you, and if you have anymore questions or comments, please let me know,

-rage

• Like 1

I have question: I was looking for any topics regarding crit minimum. Some people talking about 42 % (buff or unbuff ?).

<why BS > DR ? Even if you stop it in the CS time (so have to use cancelaura) i am not sure it is more efficient than DR + full rotation within CS time.

I always try to keep crit / mastery without reforging it as they are top stat for us. That is why i prefer Sha weapon to the Nazgrim one (already have too much exp / hit with 583 ilvl). but i will make sim for checking it.

First of all thanks for your feedback!

Ohyes, the zerk stance i often forget on thok.. :(

Bladestorm is really only for bats time, we need it the first kills.

my open bust is most like:shatter, berserker rage, Leap, cs, reck, Blood Fury, SB, RB,RB,BT

WS/HS - i use hs most over the fight, should i use ws over hs?

weapons- SC says Garthok over Sha weapon. Garrosh weapon -> which warry dont want it ;)

I don't have the math on hand, but if you want it I can probably find it; Bladestorm, used correctly, is a DPS gain over Dragon Roar on single target.

The correct usage is to use it outside of CS, between 2 BTs, when you're not going to rage cap during BS, you are enraged, and don't have 2 RB charges. You also want to use a cancelaura macro so that you don't delay the following Bloodthirst. If you look at the latest version of simcraft, I'm pretty sure the warrior default profiles are already using Bladestorm and that the correct usage is implemented in the APL.

Also, realbufu, there's no point in using Zerker Rage on the pull when you don't even know whether your first BT is going to crit or not. Save it, and use BT before your first CS.

Outside of CS, you should only use HS over WS when WS isn't enough of a rage dump by itself.

The difference between Garthok and Sha depends on your other stats. Haste is really bad for us, so there's a chance Garthok is better if you can handle the expertise on it. Best way to know is to sim yourself. Keep in mind that the difference is minimal at best.

Higher ilvl weapons > Gary's Axe > Heirloom Axe >= Garthok = Sha > Thok's Polearm.

(If you're wondering why Heirloom over Garthok even though haste is bad, the answer is: 2 sockets)

Thanks Ragebarr!

I'll try it with Bladestorm between 2 BTs.

At this time i only used Bladestorm with cancelaura in Garrosh HC fight against the mindcontrols.

So you use Zerker Rage only to get enrage if a BT don't crit? Or at which situation is it best to use?

Berserker Rage usage depends on how confident you are that your BTs will crit. 

If you are very confident that most (if not all) of your BTs will crit, which will happen when you get close to the crit soft cap (48% unbuffed iirc), you can use BR to force a 3rd RB during a CS, instead of using BT.

If you're not quite as confident in your BT crits, save it for when neither CS or the BT prior to it don't crit, to make sure you're enraged for all your CS.