FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Deathly

Help with Reforging Heroic Gear

HI,

I was wondering if someone could tell me if I am reforged and gemmed properly for maximum damage? My lock is Evilvixen Sargeras.

Thank you 

You wont even give a link to your armory? Really? With all the FAQs we have to help people do their own work, you still want someone to check the basics, but you dont even give a link?

tumblr_lnsqprp6h91qm6mbho1_r1_500.gif

• Like 2

Gems and reforging are fine, talents need some work. AD is total trash for destro.

Don't focus on your gems and reforging, they make up maybe 10% of your DPS. How you play is far more important.

Asking us to look at your gems and reforging is like taking your car in to the mechanic asking him to look at your mirror position and the interior lights, but ignoring the fact that you have a crack the size of the grand canyon in your engine block.

Or to use another metaphor

Its like going to the ER and asking them to take your temperature but lot letting them look at the rib bone that is sticking out of your chest.

These might help, but if you want REAL help then submit logs.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/4963-boosted-warlocks-read/

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3496-zagams-fixing-your-dps-faq/

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/1686-54-destruction-tips-and-quirks/

I have read all the threads. It's not boosted:) it's been my main side 2009. I was just asking if my reforge and gems seem straight. My one friend Speak says crit should be higher?

Crit and haste are on the same level with each other. It's more play style then anything when picking one other the other. Lot of people like high haste builds up to about 11k haste, anything more then this and you will be GCD capped to much and haste loses a LOT of value fast. A pure crit build is perfectly fine also, I used to run as low as 2k haste.

Most find a balance of the two to be the best method in heroic gear, right now I am running 8k haste and 8.1k crit. 

The difference between the three is within the margin of error, even under perfect RNG you'd see at most a 2% difference. 

http://www.raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/sargeras/evilvixen/

honestly the reforging/gems is the least of your problems

QFT.

There are fundamental issues with your gameplay that are causing you to do horrendous damage for your ilvl and experience.

Probably poor UI, lack of knowledge of Destruction nuances like maximising chaos bolt damage, immo uptime yadda yadda. Likely don't know the fight mechanics fully and you seem to be getting carried through heroic content.

Aaaand you seem to be using AD on every fight so you likely end up doing nothing on the heroic fights where you have to actually move.

It's not like you're even using AD intelligently, you cast it back to back on the three fights I glanced at without a trinket proc. If you're going to do that, at least save it for execute or something.

Go read the threads locky posted, you need help.

As these two have noted, and as I've tried to beat it into the community so much, the focus of your improvement should NOT be your gems and reforging.  Moving 5k Haste into 5k Crit isn't going to magically fix your fundamental issues.  You fall into the category where you think 90% of your damage comes from your stats when in reality, 90% comes from your gameplay. 

You need to link logs, not your armory.  Your armory is the cover of the book.  Your logs show if there is engine trouble, transmission issues, exhaust problems, or maybe you broke your gas pedal.  The point is - we need to diagnose your BEHAVIOR in raids.  Far too often, someone comes in saying "I know the rotation, I do this, this, this, but my damage sucks!  Help me reforge better!"  This shit gives me silent frustration fits because I'll look at their logs and SEE that they don't know what they're doing. 

Come back with logs, an open mind, and be ready to learn.  Try not to think because you're knocking off some heroic bosses that you're just fine.  If you want to really improve, let's put in some effort.  Come back with logs and I will personally walk you through your mistakes in Mumble.  If you link your logs here, my resident expert Warlocks will have a plethora of tips and tricks for you.

The Fix Your DPS thread in particular is amazing; I highly recommend putting the critical eye to your logs with that thread open in another tab. These guys can do it for you, but you will guaranteed improve if you do that on your own.

Bad Gateways are either from them going to AMR for analysis, incorrect file extension, or a corrupt log.  I've seen it with Worldoflogs.  WoL seems to be falling more and more apart...

@Deathly
After getting a first look at your guilds logs, it seems like you are getting benched, maybe because of lacking dps. Good first step to search for help. For the next time, try to provide a base line of information. I will avoid using metaphors to stress the importance of logs, this got actually covered pretty well by Zagam and Locky ;) 

I looked specifically at this log from IJ 25 normal. IJ is imho a great fight for log analysis.
Pot and Prepot usage is good, 49.4 sec.

Doomguard got his 18 casts, good.

Try to communicate with your fellow warlocks which one of you uses CoE, your Coe was overwritten. 

While Immolate uptime is acceptable with near 88%, your total number of immolate casts are way too high. You cast it 19 times, which equals a dot uptime of 4:45 for an actual fight duration of 4:34. Get those cast numbers down and the uptime higher.

Conflagrate usage seems okay.

Do not, I repeat and stress it, do not use Rain of Fire unless there are 2+ targets for the full duration of RoF, which actually allow RoF to generate embers. Crawler mines are not such targets, although you can use havoc and incinerate or conflagrate on them for embers.

Now to the flesh and bones: Burning ember usage.
Here I see the most potential for you. Do you have something to show you important auras and trinket procs besides those little images left of your minimap ? Because it does not seem so. At the opener you should want to build up ember as fast as possible TO get off high empowered Chaos Bolts. You used your first Chaos Bolt 15 seconds into the fight, where your first 4pc proc was dead already, half of DS and half of your prepot was through and KTT had already used its chance to proc and to fade again. 
Overall your Chaos Bolt hits like a wet noodle, compared to what you should be able to do. Chaos Bolt is your first and foremost important damage source, if played correctly and can make you giggle from time to time when those high numbers pop up on your screen.

It does not seem like you cap  on Burning Ember, but you are somehow really slow in building these up although having that much crit. The next time you need heal, try your health stone instead of Ember Tap.

TL;DR: Watch your procs, cut RoF usage and learn encounter strategies to know when and how you can safely wreck your enemies. 
Try for this thread for some inside tips that go beyond your "rotation".

• Like 1