FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
druzle

Fire mage dps advise and questions

Hello fellow mages,

I am looking for some advise on my dps and some questions.

Here is my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/velen/Drouzle/advanced

And here is my last 2 guild flex runs from this week:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pNynwDKL7GVqFkgP#type=damage-done&source=23

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/18DFgjPCx3QrYfbV

Now for the questions, is there any advise on how to get my invokers energy consistently high?  For some reason I can only average around 80%.  I know that I can do a 100% uptime on that but it is not on a consistent basis.  Plus any advise on keeping my uptimes on all of my debuffs during fights? Those are not very good either and I know that they can be better.  On the bright side I know that my overall dps is ok I normally average according to my recount around 180k or so.  And at time I even get into the 200k+ range with a opening rotation burst of around 450k or more.

And the main bad habit that I do is not changing talents and/or glyphs on a boss to boss basis to maximize my dps.  

My guild is finally gonna start 25 man SoO next week.  And I am just looking for advise to get better personally. And to contribute to my guilds overall success in our raiding ventures.  

Yep, your main issue is as you said uptimes. On for example malkorok you only had 78% living bomb uptime, whereas 95%+ is really what you want. 

I think the best way to optimize this is by using some addon for it. WeakAuras, TellMeWhen, NeedToKnow are all good addons to keep track of bombs and invoker's energy. 

Your ignite uptime also seems low, which suspects to me there's simply times where you're not hitting the boss, which is extremely bad for your dps. 

Yep, your main issue is as you said uptimes. On for example malkorok you only had 78% living bomb uptime, whereas 95%+ is really what you want. 

I think the best way to optimize this is by using some addon for it. WeakAuras, TellMeWhen, NeedToKnow are all good addons to keep track of bombs and invoker's energy. 

Your ignite uptime also seems low, which suspects to me there's simply times where you're not hitting the boss, which is extremely bad for your dps. 

Thanks for the real quick reply.  As for those addons  I have been meaning to get one of those but I have a hard time setting it up.  And I have tried the youtube route with tutorals but to no luck.  Is there a resource for current mage setups for any one of those.  Because during cata I did use power auras, but I know that addon is out of date now.  

Your crit levels should be fine for Fire, it really is just a gameplay issue. I'm looking a your IJ kill and there are periods where you just.. don't do anything? Rule #1 always be casting, even if it's only scorch or fireball.

Thanks for the real quick reply.  As for those addons  I have been meaning to get one of those but I have a hard time setting it up.  And I have tried the youtube route with tutorals but to no luck.  Is there a resource for current mage setups for any one of those.  Because during cata I did use power auras, but I know that addon is out of date now.  

If you're willing to use weakauras, I can set you up with a couple ones that I use, for bomb tracking, invocation tracking, alter time, Armor tracking, and a lot more very specific ones if you want them.

If you're willing to use weakauras, I can set you up with a couple ones that I use, for bomb tracking, invocation tracking, alter time, Armor tracking, and a lot more very specific ones if you want them.

That would be fine, matter of fact I already had weakauras in my addon folder but I had it turned off at the moment.  And at some point was gonna give a second shot of setting it up.

Can i have those for bomb and trinket proc tracking? :P

While I was waiting for those I did some more research and found some weakaura strings over on mmo-champion in the mage forums there. 

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1215025-General-Mage-Weak-Auras

there is the link if anyone else needs to see the info.

Can i have those for bomb and trinket proc tracking? tongue.png

Sorry, I've been busy/afk a lot lately!

Bomb tracking:

did7baGEkLAxuQAMkP5QGzRu3Kk52uStrSxYUb2VQ4Nub)LQ8BPAWQsdxrDqQuhtHwOiTukHwmilxONISmQqphvtKsWuf1KvvMUKlsjvxLsHldDDQQnsPOnlfBxv1hPuYJb10OKY3PKyKus6WOmALyyurNurUfLOUgLkNxkDAvEgLiFwWAuzrNOjqHXggmomb3b8b3q3(QwpxSa6TE)hiK2nqI4IC0EN2BNiJOprFklQIxiGrLf5dUsuXIbSe9Hq(nn52zuKvDBrx20gRI6wb4ay3QuraMb5kRKrrR3)bcpVPDdKsCuucwly85nJMzKxQujA3zFklYNJEWBgNRurX(gvwKXFxNYQujcWmOil4xWlgwOBBr(C0dWmOGebVzCUYI4hiSrrUCBlRRsLOf8clLsSKtraFtoEHag5kzuuRdnnCSuILhTZPOigUoi3oJIy(rgelk6(eL2nqpV5ZGrvIyklkbRfm(8MrZmYlrtGcJnmyCycUd4d8zCV9mSa6bWAbJfAMrEjA9(pq45nTBGenbkm2WGXHj4oGp4g62x165IfqV17)aH0UbsLOFLmATrNQKa

For trinkets I use the addon "ExtraCD" (link: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/extracd)