FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fouton

Addon Help Needed

Hey guys, I've been modifying my UI lately, and I want to put a custom image that my cousin made into my UI. I've already got it in the proper BLP file, however I don't know enough about WeakAuras2 to program my events.

Basically what I want is for my image to appear on my screen when I am targeting an enemy that is Boss1, Boss2, Boss3, Boss4, or Boss5. Can this even be done with WA?

If not, I can't edit IceHUD to add the picture in either, since the programming in IceHUD seems to scale pictures to a maximum, so I think the best solution is to create my own addon.

If thats what I need to do: does anyone know how I would go about programming an addon that will do exactly as I stated above:

"image to appear on my screen at exact location when I am targeting an enemy that is Boss1, Boss2, Boss3, Boss4, or Boss5."

Any help would be useful.

I'll take a look at this soon.  Should be no problem to do in a WA with a little custom code.

If you don't hear back from me in a day or two, shoot me a PM.

Thanks =) If you can't make it work on Boss1, Boss2, Boss3, Boss4, and Boss5, I would be okay with it just being on targeting an Elite in general.

You tell me that NOW!  Heh, I already build the Boss one.

Here's the string, for Boss1-Boss5.

d4sAfaGljf9AjQmBj5MIGCBuj7uIQ2RIDl1(Hrrf(lQQ(TQAWKHlcDkQOJHQYcLuAXOklxLfjQNk0JvLEUstvenzjY0rUQeUmLRtvBuII2mQy7IahgfZsK6ZuPLHkLNjrPPjPQrRkgViOoPi50cUgQuDEjvwjk9qjkmmjfE4BsorUMyPjwAsorFtxW11Uj5eF9l95AIC89lf(TdNGfccckWbQ)eurhOuBrhihzI5CnkNgkZ7VlFzNq0J1Gfccccccc6mYFneDEdSqqqqw1Aboq9NGk6aLAl6a5itmNRr50qzE)D5w2je9ynyHGGGGGGGoJ8xdrN3aleeeKvTwGdu)jOIoqP2IoqoYeZ5AuonuM3F3YMDcrpwdwiiiiiiiOZi)1q05nWcbbbzvRf4a1FcQOduQTOdKJmXCUgLtdL593T(Sti6XAWcbbbbbbbDg5VgIoVbwiiiiRATahO(tqfDGsTfDGCKjMZ1OCAOmV)UCp7eIESgSqqqqqqqqNr(RHOZBGfcccY6sGfccc6mYFnehMQ1aleeeeyTU0e9DGMiXCUgn0epZn87K1LOnrYsyYF2ePl46A3KCI(14)5VuOkq1n8MOFn(FFyoMxYUP2j6xJFFhOP2j6xJ)3kMDhEt89H5yEj7MyN47e9RXpdrmVLJHxLn1orQUeTj(6x6Z1e9TLaRPjY4P)eTeynnXY4HHGsiBxgxBIV(L(Cnro((Lc)2HtWcbbbf4av0bk1w0bYrMyoxJYPHY8(7Yx2je9ynyHGGGGGGGoJ8xdrN3aleeeKvTwGdurhOuBrhihzI5CnkNgkZ7Vl3YoHOhRbleeeeeee0zK)Ai68gyHGGGSQ1cCGk6aLAl6a5itmNRr50qzE)DlB2je9ynyHGGGGGGGoJ8xdrN3aleeeKvTwGdurhOuBrhihzI5CnkNgkZ7VB9zNq0J1Gfccccccc6mYFneDEdSqqqqw1AboqfDGsTfDGCKjMZ1OCAOmV)UCp7eIESgSqqqqqqqqNr(RHOZBG16sGfccccccc6mYFnehMQ1aleeeeeeeeyHGGGSU0eFFS3YnrFILyiBIV(L(CXpvxI2exIH87e9DGMiXCUgn0edLMyz(90VHQ9VlusMZ1Oj2EUsEbxx72P88nXQptPj5eVFLnjNix(kkmjhAOHgAI7e5wnRrn5(etWuE(QNVAm0ma

Here's some info on adding custom textures.  It isn't explicitly stated there, but \\ starts at the WoW folder.  So if the file was custom.tga in the WeakAuras folder, you'd enter:

\\interface\addons\WeakAuras\custom.tga

• Like 2

Thanks!

I had already got my texture in, so it'll be easy to do. :) I'll post a picture of my end result =P

ccn6GIH.jpg

Woo, that dragon shows up when I'm targeting Boss1-5 :)

Thanks a ton for the help, I spent like all of yesterday being frustrated at a few other addons for not working well with it.

ccn6GIH.jpg

Woo, that dragon shows up when I'm targeting Boss1-5 smile.png

Thanks a ton for the help, I spent like all of yesterday being frustrated at a few other addons for not working well with it.

Looks great!  Glad it worked for you.  I ran into MSV and tested with Stone Guards, just in case.  Took me a couple of deaths, but I got it juuuuust right.

Hey Hybris, would you be able to include a portion to the WA for skull level bosses as well? Seems not all fights in all expansions used the Boss1-5 list (Starts in Cata I think)

WA has an easy level section in it, but ?? Or Skull isn't a recognized level apparently, and doesn't count as >90

Hey Hybris, would you be able to include a portion to the WA for skull level bosses as well? Seems not all fights in all expansions used the Boss1-5 list (Starts in Cata I think)

WA has an easy level section in it, but ?? Or Skull isn't a recognized level apparently, and doesn't count as >90

I'll look into it and get back to you in a few hours.

• Like 1

I thought that would take longer...

Removed because Blizz is inconsistant.  See Post #14.

This will show up any time UnitCharateristics = WorldBoss.  So any time your unit frames show 'Boss' or a skull, it'll show.  Placed at the bottom of the elseif chain, it'll trigger only if it's not already on the Boss sidebars or flagged as Boss1-5.

Edited by Hybrys
  • Like 1

Doesn't seem to be working when I just sit around targeting Nalak.

Doesn't seem to be working when I just sit around targeting Nalak.

Edit: OH, that's because world bosses aren't flagged as world bosses... (PS: wat)  Lemme see if I can do something about that.

Edit 2: New string, new formula!  This one changes from UnitCharacteristic=worldboss to UnitLevel=-1.  So it'll also show on any 'skull' mobs or players that are over 5 levels above you.  Tested with Nalak.

deZfgaGljv51sQ0mLuXSfv3usjUnkQDkPu7vPDl1(HrHQ6Vur(nknyYWLuCkQWHr0crOAXcXYv8qjL0tL4XOkphPPkkMSqA6QogkYvfQlt56c2OOKArISzuy7IsnnrjMLK0NPsNhHYPPQNHq0OrW4fLKtkjULKQ6Aur19qiTsuzzurzyieEzAZSfM3s0TeDZSLXC9SDgIvJTLBz1dJTfF0TK1SHZ2qeNLsHYqoU23cz0O(7zBYCN(4DDTHUz2VLpExxB2mBjqnNiWsVp3FITr2sGAoXJa5qY72SeFlbQ5eVCskDJSfEeihsE3MT01WBlbQ5e5pjV6sgj3wIVLtSASTWlqplZBj0w2w)Tqgo7wSST(BPwjqEOAXOusxBlbQ5uO9Fj(w4fONL5TWi08UNT57aCqqqqEgqXT)vOXT)8tNCCTNQcLIWsPmLCaDcwdoiiiiiiiOXEyAOpbdCqqqqwo18mGIB)RqJB)5No54ApvfkfHLsDwYb0jyn4GGGGGGGGg7HPH(emWbbbbz5uZZakU9VcnU9NF6KJR9uvOuewkLitoGobRbheeeeeee0ypmn0NGboiiiilNAEgqXT)vOXT)8tNCCTNQcLIWsPzj5a6eSgCqqqqqqqqJ9W0qFcg4GGGGSCQ5zaf3(xHg3(ZpDYX1EQkukclL68KdOtWAWbbbbbbbbn2dtd9jyGdcccYYPMNbuC7FDSSTC(PtoU2toGikrHQptqNG1GdcccccccAShMg6tWaheeeK1rbheee0ypmnedYCQbbbbboRJUfEemE1DlHAIsEBl8c0ZYStNy1yBHEYhOBj0(VLtoU23VLq)X76AZMzl8c0ZY8wyeAE3Z28DaoiiiipdOM9qXT)vOXT)8tNCCTNQcLIWsPmLCaDcwdoiiiiiiiOXEyAOpbdCqqqqwo18mGA2df3(xHg3(ZpDYX1EQkukclL6SKdOtWAWbbbbbbbbn2dtd9jyGdcccYYPMNbuZEO42)k042F(PtoU2tvHsryPuIm5a6eSgCqqqqqqqqJ9W0qFcg4GGGGSCQ5za1ShkU9VcnU9NF6KJR9uvOuewknljhqNG1GdcccccccAShMg6tWaheeeKLtnpdOM9qXT)vOXT)8tNCCTNQcLIWsPop5a6eSgCqqqqqqqqJ9W0qFcg4GGGGSCQ5za1ShkU9Vow2wo)0jhx7jhqeLOq1NjOtWAWbbbbbbbbn2dtd9jyGdcccY6OGdcccAShMgIbzo1aheeee4So6wcT)B5KJR99BPdmNz8UU2q3AZ0wYzjJUz2YWMBBMTWCi)(nZ(973Vf6wCw9iI658TK9wBMYcteX(Db

Have you had a chance to give the new string a try?

I've had it throw me an error every once in a while, but it still continues to function.  Let me know if you have any issues and I'll see about cleaning up the code.

• Like 1