FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Making in-game gold - hints and tips!

The Enchant Weapon - Agility has always been a good seller due to high demand from low level PVP players. The mats are slightly annoying to farm for it though, and if you are looking to make profit I'd recommend not buying them from AH.

so i've noticed =(

Unbelievable! A level 85 warlock just /w in game and had the nerve to ask for 300 gold. I directed him to this page Posted Image

Amazing that people even at that level lack the ability to easily earn gold.

Edited by Redcross
  • Like 1

I hang out in the Drag with a short skirt and low cut top on.

I also sell drugs to the orphans in Orgrimmar.

I'm Forsaken. I obviously have questionable morals to begin with. Don't judge me.

• Like 3

I did consider selling pics for BoEs.

Obviously this pics could be of anything, puppy dogs, trees, startled looking rabbits.

Generally I am just lazy. I find alchemy makes the most gain for the smallest effort. So does surreptitiously looting the gbank.

• Like 1

I make gold by boosting, it earns me ridiculous amounts of gold to do something I actually enjoy - arena.

Goes from 30k up to 100k.

I believe I have the best solution of all!

My girlfriend is addicted to AH and she feeds me gold, like it was cheap candy.

Everything I pick up, which I don't need for proffessions, I simply send to either an enchanter of her's or one of her bankers.

She then procceds to either sell, bank, disenchant or craft something from it, and bang! We have cash.

Also, if I ever need some hard-to-come-by mats for my proffessions, she somehow always have a load of the stuff banked somewhere, which she sends to me straight away (after checking the prices on AH, to see when she should replenish).

She also runs her own Guild, simply for the bank...

It's the perfect arrangement!

To this day she refuses to use any sort of Addons for all of this, insisting that they take the fun (and skill!) out of it...

Once she made a new toon, sent 100g to it, and the procceded to make that into roughly 7.500g in thirty days, by doing nothing(!) else than buying and reselling stuff on AH.

She works in childcare, but I suspect she should have been a stock broker. Of course she'd never dare to invest any of her real money...

I'll never understand women

• Like 2

She works in childcare, but I suspect she should have been a stock broker. Of course she'd never dare to invest any of her real money...

That's so true! I've always thought I'd be a good stock broker, based on the fact that I do well in the AH. I just wouldn't dare invest any of my real money either :P

I remember that the herbs at my Alliance AH were about 80g or cheaper, and they were always in supply.

Now since Diablo 3 came out, all of the herbs went up for over 120g, and even are ridiculously demanded right now in my server.

Good thing I'm a Herbalism/Alchemy...

Thanks for the tip Zagam, great idea! I made all my money doing the ore shuffle and selling enchants and gems during early cata. I just started up the shuffle again last week and it's turning quite a profit already. I am still selling pvp tailoring gear (to my amazement) pretty consistently. Also i have 1 toon dedicated to selling BOE transmog armor. I use TSM and for the BOE's have my groups set up for 10,25,100,250,1000,5000 gold fallback amounts with the threshold set at half that amount. Then i just use The Undermine Journal to classify all the items on me. Made at least 40k so far just off of greens from BC dungeons. (Bloodscale armor sells big!)

Best advice though is to learn how to use the Trade Skill Master addon. I have used it since 4.2 and have made over 500k profit just in that amount of time.

Although I resold it tonight for 100k, so quick 10k profit XD was hoping no-one would want it so I could learn but the money was too good sadly!

I believe I have the best solution of all!

My girlfriend is addicted to AH and she feeds me gold, like it was cheap candy.

Everything I pick up, which I don't need for proffessions, I simply send to either an enchanter of her's or one of her bankers.

She then procceds to either sell, bank, disenchant or craft something from it, and bang! We have cash.

Also, if I ever need some hard-to-come-by mats for my proffessions, she somehow always have a load of the stuff banked somewhere, which she sends to me straight away (after checking the prices on AH, to see when she should replenish).

She also runs her own Guild, simply for the bank...

It's the perfect arrangement!

To this day she refuses to use any sort of Addons for all of this, insisting that they take the fun (and skill!) out of it...

Once she made a new toon, sent 100g to it, and the procceded to make that into roughly 7.500g in thirty days, by doing nothing(!) else than buying and reselling stuff on AH.

My level 5 started with a few gold and has around 45k now. This was achieved by buying items from the AH and simply re-listing them at a higher price.I tend to stay away from weapons and armour as they have a high re-list cost. However, dust, gems, herbs and inscription items do not.

Edited by Damian

Been buying and re-selling alot of mounts and pets right now. A fair investment but bought a ability_mount_seahorse.jpgReins of Poseidus for 35k and resold for 75k within a day or so!

Also managed to buy another level 25 guild on my server for 25k and currently re-selling it for 150k to a realm transfer (yes I am still evil)

Edited by Peelyon

Nice! You are very, very evil however...

Though I can't talk, as outland is down I just logged on an old toon and it asked me if I wanted to owst the guild leader and take it over. Tempting to sell... haha.

Ps I haven't died, I just started word. These 12 hour days are killing me...

Rather then re-write it, here is a cut and paste from my guild site. Hope it helps

Brewhaus frowns upon asking other guild members for gold, and the Guild Bank is for Raid repairs only. WoW has numerous ways to make enough money in this game to buy any "reasonable" priced item. This piece is for players who always find themselves out of gold.

The Auction House:

The AH is the best place to make money. The best sellers are ore (or smelted ore) and Herbs (leather isnt as hot as the others but does sell well). I do not have a leather worker so I focused on Ore and Herbs.

3 Professions use mining. Jewel Crafting, Engineering, and Blacksmiths.

2 Professions use Herbs, Alchemy and Inscription

Do not get greedy on the AH and you will have cash quickly. Over time, you will get a feeling for going rates. Until then, sell your items at 90% of the lowest rate. If the rate is dirt cheap, check with a vendor. There are many items on the AH selling for less gold then a vendor would pay. The AH has a nominal service fee so under cutting a vendor doesnt make good sense.

Twinks: Certain materials are very high in cost. Twinks (BIS locked XP toons at X9 brackets for pvp) stock up on supplies to make their toons the most powerful. This means they need ore to make their grenades, and herbs to make their potions. The hottest items are copper which sells for about 20 gold for 20 bars, and Briarthorn which goes for about 30 gold for 20 herbs. Bruiseweed, Tin, Bronze, Mageroyal, Wild Steelbloom are other materials that go for high gold. If you have the Wrath of the Lich King expansion, making a Death Knight and giving him mining and herbalism can create a mule to make money. Park him in Stonetalon Peaks and you can supply your toon with the materials to sell on the AH and keep you in the money without sweating mobs in the area. Stonetalon is about lvl 30 so your Death Knight will 1 hit anything aggo'd.

Daily Quests

Do your dailys. Daily quests are identified with a Blue Question mark. Some daily quests open when you complete quest chains (like the ones in Dun Niffelem). This is the easiest way to earn gold, experience, and rep which can translate to gear. At low levels, this is cooking, and fishing. Once you hit 60, dailies start in Honor Hold. These are PvP so if youre not into this, dont do these. Once you are able to fly, Skettis has dailies, Shatrath has your cooking dailies as well. You can earn a mount along with honor, gear and gold. These will take you to Ogril'a in Blades Edge. When you hit 68, you will be able to go to Northrend. Dailies begin in Westgaurd Keep, and dot the coast for the Kamagua. There are also Dragonblight, The Shadow Vault, Dun Niffelem, Brunnhildar Village, and the Argent Tournament when you hit 78.

The Dragon Blight has a Red Dragon Mount that many people like. All give reputation, Xp and Gold. The Argent Tournament has numerous quests, and will get you to Exalted reputation with all factions (except Gilneas). This will get you a page (vanity pet) who can also be a bank or vendor. You can get your page a mount as well. Once you have opened all the quest lines, you can earn 140 gold in about 40 minutes. You can purchase BOA gear for future leveling with XP bonuses and PvP. There are also numerous vanity pets.

Once you hit 85, you will open the Tol Barad Dailies. There are 6 there at the portal, and if the Alliance controls Tol Barad, there are 6 more. The second 6 have 3 that do not rotate, and 3 that are random. If Alliance wins TB back to back, check back and see if there are 3 new dailies. TB gives heroic level gear, and 2 mounts.

Summary: Dailies and Materials will keep you well funded in this game. On my account I hoover at about 50,000 gold, and that is all from selling on the AH and doing dailies. There is no excuse not to have gold in this game. Blizzard has provided easy farming so any begging for gold will be frowned upon by Guild Officers. Continued begging can result in expulsion of all the account/players toons.

I hope this information is helpful and keeps your toons funded. Also remember, we have toons that are capped in professions throughout the guild so ask if someone can make you a creatable item, before paying an exorbitant amount of gold for it.

Treznak

• Like 1