Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wuxiapian

Help for some advice about comps

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am an "old" PVP player who started in Tyr's hand & BLK MT before MC/BWL raids.
Now a family guy, I mainly play arenas with an equally old-school IRL friend and we need help !

We have severals charcters and would like to crack some ratings in 2s. I have some Arena XP playing with pickups or temporary mates, but nothing fancy: 2k on rogue in 2s and 1k9 in 2/3s on a Rsham. My friend is a very good solo player but lacks experience in arenas and is just waiting for guidance.

Here are our characters

Me : Sub Rogue / UH DK / Rdrood & WW Monk (and a full 522 set if i have to switch MW)

My friend : UH DK / Hunter / WW Monk

We would like to create 3 different duos to play 2s and approach a 1k9 rating at first before aiming for more and enter the 3s serious business.

Apart from the obvious Rogue / Hunter combo (Sub/MM ?) what can we play with our character base ?

Thanks a lot guys !          

RDruid + UH DK can be a very powerful combo.  Mobile healer w/ HotW burn capabilities, along with the most powerful PvP class currently available.  I've seen UH DKs Obliterate me for 120k+.

I'd do Sub / BM for your rogue/hunter combo.  It's lost a lot of it's power, but depending on the comps you play against, the short-term burst can mean more than the lasting power of MM or Surv.  Combined with a good stunlock + Smoke Bomb, and the double stealth opener, should have no problems.

Double WW monk can be annoying to play against, because of Touch of Karma.  UH DK / WW Monk may also be viable, exploiting your mobility, and WW's Storm Earth and Fire.

1 person likes this

Unholy doesn't use Obliterate (Frost-Spec) , but Hybrys is right Rdruid+Uh DK is a very powerful comp. The DoT pressure from Uh is INSANE and the mobility of the druid is just that much more amazing. 

Also I'd advise against Uh/WW (its the comp i have the most experience with), until you are both really geared and the Uh is confident in his ability to survive (or i just can't play Uh ;P).

Hope this helps, Cheers Swift :D

Unholy doesn't use Obliterate (Frost-Spec) , but Hybrys is right Rdruid+Uh DK is a very powerful comp. The DoT pressure from Uh is INSANE and the mobility of the druid is just that much more amazing. 

Also I'd advise against Uh/WW (its the comp i have the most experience with), until you are both really geared and the Uh is confident in his ability to survive (or i just can't play Uh ;P).

Hope this helps, Cheers Swift biggrin.png

Whichever their big hit is, it hits hard.  I don't know DKs. =(

1 person likes this

If I was trying to push rating I'd use either RDruid/DK, RDruid/hunter, or rogue/hunter.

For the rogue/hunter I'd still use MM over BM because their upfront damage (auto-crit on aimed shot, then a followup chimera that might crit is an obscene amount of damage). That and SS...

I haven't really seen any other comp, but I haven't really played for a majority of the season and it doesn't seem like a huge amount has changed... but I may be wrong.

1 person likes this

If your pushing rating in 2's personally I would prefer going with a healer (again my preference), but I think that Rdruid/MM would be your best bet. However just play whichever class you feel more comfortable with. In time you will learn your weaknesses and strengths (as well as your classes) and can continue off of that. 

Hope this helped, Cheers :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Restoration And Balance.
      Monk: Mistweaver.
      Shaman: Restoration.
      Hunter: One.
      Other dps will also be considered.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Budget Questing Miracle Rogue Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Druid No Giants Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Budget Jade Druid Gadgetzan Standard Deck.