Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Agraviel

Difficult decisions of end-game Mistweaver

6 posts in this topic

I hope that my English wont cause problems with understanding since it's first forum where I don't speak my native language. It's also my first post on this forum so Hello Everyone! =)

What trinket should I use?

Few days ago I got a new trinket from SoO Normal and becouse of that now I have a big problem. I've used so far inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_18.jpgNazgrim's Burnished Insignia and inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_09.jpgPrismatic Prison of Pride which are just great... just like my new trinket which is inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_01.jpgThok's Acid-Grooved Tooth.

What combination of those items you regard as the best? Which one should I get rid of? Or maybe i should keep all of those and change it depending on the boss?

I heard about switching to inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_18.jpgNazgrim's Burnished Insigniainv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_01.jpgThok's Acid-Grooved Tooth on stacking fights to maximize AoE Healing, and switching to inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_09.jpgPrismatic Prison of Prideinv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_07.jpgPurified Bindings of Immerseus on all other fights to maximize overall healing. What do you think about this?

Choosing a legendary cape!

Playing as Brewmaster I find out that inv_cape_pandaria_oxtank_d_02.jpgQian-Le, Courage of Niuzao is quite useless and inv_cape_pandaria_tigermelee_d_02.jpgFen-Yu, Fury of Xuen is much more practical for me while tanking. For this reason, I began to wonder what if there is a better alternative for inv_cape_pandaria_cranehealer_d_02.jpgJina-Kang, Kindness of Chi-Ji on my mistweaver?

Comparing the statistics of my present cape and inv_cape_pandaria_dragoncaster_d_02.jpgXing-Ho, Breath of Yu'lon, the DPS Caster cape won since it gives me +918 Critical Strike instead of useless +918 Spirit. Unfortunately monk_stance_wiseserpent.jpgEssence of Yu'lon doesn't count to my Eminence. So the question arises, what will bring me greater benefits? +918 Critical Strike with bonus damage done OR ability_mount_cranemountpurple.jpgSpirit of Chi-Ji which is my 1-4% of healing done in raids?

Is monk_stance_wiseserpent.jpgEssence of Yu'lon even triggered by spells like ability_monk_chiwave.jpgChi Wave or ability_monk_rushingjadewind.jpgRushing Jade Wind?

Unproving Grounds and Hardcore Challange Mode

There is one of the most annoying thing in being Mistweaver. Playing as Brewmaster Challange Mode and Proving Grounds is the real challenge. But while playing as Mistweaver it is just an ancient tragedy of healers. My tradeskill_inscription_jadeserpent.jpgMastery: Gift of the Serpent is just a crap, ability_monk_soothingmists.jpgSoothing Mist drains my mana as hell and ability_monk_surgingmist.jpgSurging Mist is almost instant mana depletion. I have (I never thought I'd say this, God why?) not enough Spirit and low Critical Strike, what makes what makes me completely useless.

What is your method for effective healing as Mistweaver in Challange Mode's? Is it even possible to achive achievement_challengemode_platinum.jpgProving Yourself: Endless Healer (Wave 30) on normal Mistweaver build? Maybe I should make a special gear-set dedicated for PG and CM? I'm open to your suggestions on this.

Trinkets:  From what I know, Double Amp is really good in 10m for almost all scenarios except Thok, where you would use the cleave trinket with healing Amp.

In a 25m I can see using Prismatic + Thoks trinket almost all the time if you don't have access to DPS Amp.  But Nazgrim is usually garbage.  Fights' where you're fairly spread out it does well, but I'd get the extra amp trinket if you have it.

Cape: Healing when you want more healing.  DPS when you don't care or want to do more damage.  Plain and simple.  

Yes the DPS cloak does proc off of talents, because you can use things like Zen Sphere to proc more procs from the damage cloak in cleave situation.

I have no idea what to tell you for proving grounds and challenge modes as I have never done them on my monk.

Thanks for fast reposnse!

As for legendary cloak I think the DPS Cape may be useful on 10m raids due to a smaller number of players what means smaller benefits from ability_mount_cranemountpurple.jpgSpirit of Chi-Ji and because of the smaller number of boss's life monk_stance_wiseserpent.jpgEssence of Yu'lon should help in faster kill. Will do some "research" and let you know what are the final results. In 25-men inv_cape_pandaria_cranehealer_d_02.jpgJina-Kang, Kindness of Chi-Ji seems to be the only logical choice.

Edited by Agraviel

What is your method for effective healing as Mistweaver in Challange Mode's? Is it even possible to achive achievement_challengemode_platinum.jpg Proving Yourself: Endless Healer (Wave 30) on normal Mistweaver build? Maybe I should make a special gear-set dedicated for PG and CM? I'm open to your suggestions on this.

Yes get a second set.

It takes a bit to get used to healing with no LMG but can be done without too much difficulty.

You want a new meta gem in a ToT helm or some other helm to not waste ur LMG in your normal gear. A ToT weapon with the legendary extra socket and the bracers from ToT with the socket are great too.

Then its just pretty much the same. Dial back your haste to the lowest BP and stack crit. I still found that with chi brew mana tea wasn't an issue to generate and once you get a bit then you are fine for the remainder of the dungeon.

Just remember to use your whole toolkit, (Disarm for buff, stuns, interrupts, cc etc).

As for legendary cloak I think the DPS Cape may be useful on 10m raids due to a smaller number of players what means smaller benefits from ability_mount_cranemountpurple.jpg Spirit of Chi-Ji and because of the smaller number of boss's life monk_stance_wiseserpent.jpg Essence of Yu'lon should help in faster kill. Will do some "research" and let you know what are the final results. In 25-men inv_cape_pandaria_cranehealer_d_02.jpg Jina-Kang, Kindness of Chi-Ji seems to be the only logical choice.

Completely depends on your personal preference and slightly depends healer comp and raid size IMO.

The dps cloak does dps and makes the fight faster. The healer cloak heals for alot or not much depending on the fight.

do whatever floats your boat :)

What is your method for effective healing as Mistweaver in Challange Mode's? Is it even possible to achive achievement_challengemode_platinum.jpgProving Yourself: Endless Healer (Wave 30) on normal Mistweaver build? Maybe I should make a special gear-set dedicated for PG and CM? I'm open to your suggestions on this.

I did my   achievement_challengemode_platinum.jpgProving Yourself: Endless Healer (Wave 30) on 4/27/14 and I didn't use any special set for it. Before scalling down I had 9k spirit. I just used spirit flask + ate food that gave me int. I think most people forget about Stance of the Fierce Tiger while in Mistweaver spec. If You have time(allies do not need healing) and there are enemy mobs switch to Stance of the Fierce Tiger and keep stacking your Mana Tea. It won't disappear after switching back to Stance of the Wise Serpent. This was my method so ;-)

Edited by Suchy

for the proving grounds, I was struggling with it for a while, until I finally did some research on line, and really it is all about planning which abilities to use on which group, and then it becomes fairly easy to get past wave 30 (I haven't tried any more after getting the achievement, even though I planned to since I wiped due to dispelling hunter instead of tank by accident :)). I think there was a really good cheat sheet on mmo champion with suggestion which abilities to use on which group (ring of peace, revival etc etc). oh and I had to include some stuff that typically I wasn't using while healing in raids, Enveloping mist :) and I threw a lot of  balls around. it also helped to mark each member of the group because the smartass mage is often where you don't expect her to be. with regards to balls, I think I used glyph of enduring healing spheres (the one that extends their duration) so when the group ran from one place to the other, there'd still be balls to heal them up a bit, silly pandas. or for me to use if I let the debuff expire on me for example. I didn't switch to Tiger stance at all, but I fistweaved when ever the group looked fine healthwise.  hope this helps :) I really enjoyed beating the wave 30 in the end, hope you do as well.