FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
NoamNatan

Help with Holy Priest

hello priests

when i started playing in cata i used to be holy priest

and since mop i changed to shadow.

now i decided to back to holy again and i need help

my healing is extremely low in my opinion.

my current gear is ilvl 532 i should do a lot more then 40kish hps :S

i have knowledge about the class still i don't know what i'm obviously doing wrong

i'm losing mana very fast. even when using the mana gain cooldowns, it's not enough

i know that my current set is for shadow but i'm changing it soon to holy

if i manage to fix my low healing output

my armory link

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Vagroth/simple 

yeah.. i know, pvp cloak. didn't get better :P

and here is a recent log from tot lfr

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w1viaj979k7tfss1/

i can post more from SoO lfrs if need

thanks in advance ;)

currently holy priest are on the low end of the totem pole. so dont get down.

first talents. i suggest picking up From Darkness, Comes Light it work a better for holy because of the the free wow_icon_spell_holy_flashheal.jpgFlash Heals

next glyphs Glyph of Circle of Healing is a must have for holy. i would replace your Glyph of Spirit of Redemption.

your stats are a bit messed up. you have crit, mastery, and haste all at the same level. depending on what you raid tell you what your stats should be. in 10 man it should be haste( tell the soft cap)>crit>mastery. in 25 man Mastery > crit> haste. having all your stats the same is a bit pointless.

gemming to pure spirit with red and yellow slot you are missing a lot of stats. i know you say you have mana issues. i think your trying to heal too much. in a 25 man like lfr most holy priest get away from renew .in 10 man renew  is a good option but for 25 man it not. if you stop using renew then that should fix your mana issues. Prayer of Mendind usage is a bit low. you dont ever single target heal. try working on upping your flash heals

Edited by TIme987

i changed to FDCL and the circle of healing glyph 

i play with ask mr, robot suggestions

i put the mastery build which is mastery > crit > haste (4721) which suppose to be the soft cap

the lowest haste i get is 6117

if i limit the spirit to like 11k it raises my mastery to 34%

i will try this build and see if i get better results :)

AMR is a great tool for optimising your character. But default stat weights are a mixed bag. For priests they are generally not that great.

If you want to be holy in 10m or flex groups in the size of 10-14, you want to follow the stat weights the guide on this site proposes: intellect>spirit>haste>crit>mastery. Mastery is a terrible stat if you want to go Renew spamming. It doesn't interact with it and you're basically putting points into a useless stat.

One thing you need to understand if you want to use a Renew-centric holy build is that both crit and mastery are not that important and that haste is. That build from AMR works decently if you're in a 25m raid and using a lot of AoE-healing spells, not if you're in 10, where the damage profile lends itself less to aoe-spamming than 25m do.

This is also the reason why the Glyph of Circle of Healing is nearly useless for 10m. CoH is first of all not that good in 10 since fewer people will be hit by aoe, meaning it will overheal more. Secondarily since you will be spending a majority of your time in Chakra: Serenity it will do much less healing than if you're in Chakra: Sanctuary. Thirdly, considering that, a 20% increase in potential healing for a 35% increase to its mana is not worth it. And fourth, this is a Renew build, so use that spell to cover aoe-healing, it will heal for more than CoH anyway.

If you're only doing LFR, the glyph might be worth it, but I never use it as holy even in 25m since the mana you save can be used better elsewhere in my opinion.

Coming back to the haste build. This is one of the things our guide is missing. Haste has more than one haste cap. In fact it has three that are worth talking about. The first is at 4721 where glyphed Renew gets another tick. The second is at 13163 where unglyphed Renew gets a second tick, the last is at 18230 where glyphed Renew gets a second tick.

At your gear level I'd recommend going for the second haste cap, once you get rid of your shadow gear. Your spirit is very low as you have several items without haste on it. Replacing that gear with SoO gear that has spirit/haste will help you a lot.

Edited by steve
  • Like 2

AMR is a great tool for optimising your character. But default stat weights are a mixed bag. For priests they are generally not that great.

If you want to be holy in 10m you want to follow the stat weights the guide on this site proposes: intellect>spirit>haste>crit>mastery. Mastery is a terrible stat if you want to go Renew spamming. It doesn't interact with it and you're basically putting points into a useless stat.

One thing you need to understand if you want to use a Renew-centric holy build is that both crit and mastery are not that important and that haste is. That build from AMR works decently if you're in a 25m raid and using a lot of AoE-healing spells, not if you're in 10, where the damage profile lends itself less to aoe-spamming than 25m do.

This is also the reason why the Glyph of Circle of Healing is nearly useless for 10m. CoH is first of all not that good in 10 since fewer people will be hit by aoe, meaning it will overheal more. Secondarily since you will be spending a majority of your time in Chakra: Serenity it will do much less healing than if you're in Chakra: Sanctuary. Thirdly, considering that, a 20% increase in potential healing for a 35% increase to its mana is not worth it. And fourth, this is a Renew build, so use that spell to cover aoe-healing, it will heal for more than CoH anyway.

Coming back to the haste build. This is one of the things our guide is missing. Haste has more than one haste cap. In fact it has three that are worth talking about. The first is at 4721 where glyphed Renew gets another tick. The second is at 13163 where unglyphed Renew gets a second tick, the last is at 18230 where glyphed Renew gets a second tick.

At your gear level I'd recommend going for the second haste cap, once you get rid of your shadow gear. Your spirit is very low as you have several items without haste on it. Replacing that gear with SoO gear that has spirit/haste will help you a lot.

What Steve has pointed out here is extremely important.  You have to find which build works best for your playstyle.  You cannot be one w/ one foot in the other.  Go all the way in one direction for a lockout or two, then all the way in the other, then take what fits you best.

I am more of a proponent of the all Crit build for Holy, and carry less than 4% haste, totally ignoring even the 4721 plateau.  Depending on your healing comp and playstyle one or the other will shine, without a doubt.  I had an increase in output of over 15% when I dropped from the second haste plateau and less dependence on Spirit.

Get logs up for both approaches, pick the one that works the best for you and let all the posters go over those parses to start maximizing your toon based on that playstyle.  Good luck in your search and I'm sure I can speak for most of the frequent poster that we look forward to seeing some more logs with a definitive build.

• Like 1

Glyph of Circle of Healing might be a bit useless in a 10 man stat but Glyph of Spirit of Redemption is even more useless then the circle of healing glyph. Glyph of Deep Wells might be a good alternative to circle healing. i would rather over heal then have to use spirit of redemption, 90 % of the time ( in lfr) if you have to use spirit of redemption is a wipe. even for 10 man and 25 man if you have to use spirit of redemption then there is some thing wrong

That there are worse glyphs out there don't justify using Glyph of CoH when there are better glyphs out there.

Deep Wells, PoM, Renew, Inner Sanctum, even Binding Heal constitute better choices for 10m holy than CoH.

That there are worse glyphs out there don't justify using Glyph of CoH when there are better glyphs out there.

Deep Wells, PoM, Renew, Inner Sanctum, even Binding Heal constitute better choices for 10m holy than CoH.

but he not 10 maning he 25 maning

since i'm currently doing mostly lfr untill i will see some improvement in the healing output

i went for mastery build.

i used less renew mostly prayer of mending, flash heals when FDCL proced, placed lightwell near the tanks and i don't have much mana issues now

there is some improvement, from 40k it raised to 60k like 

in some fights like malkorok i shined with over 100k i think it mostly depand on the other healers

they just over heal and most of the time the other raid members have their health full most of the times tongue.png

i got 2 set now, i want to see how it does now :)

Edited by NoamNatan
  • Like 1

I refreshed your Amory and it still shows you 1k over the first Haste plateau.  If you are still looking to keep that 4721 number I'd still recommend dropping the extra 1k and putting into Crit.  The synergy that Mastery and Crit provide is very powerful.  More Crits transfer into larger Echo of Light tics.  If you are not interested in the first Haste plateau and just over looked it, drop as much of it as you can get your crit as close are you can to your new and improved Mastery level.

GL!

• Like 1

but he not 10 maning he 25 maning

I made a note to mention it would be for 10 or flex, apparently I didn't get to actually writing it..

• Like 2