FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kritical

Socket Bonus Fury warrior? When is it worthwhile.

Im wondering when Socket bonus is worthwhile for a fury warrior. The more I look into it the more I see people gemming straight Crit, Can someone please shed some Light on this for me? here is my armory, any tips would be Greatly appreciated,

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/kriticalhits/advanced

Edited by Krazyito
fixed armory link

Let me see if I can properly emulate Ragebar.

The value of crit versus mastery largely depends on your gear for which is better. AFAIK, you want to stay gemming crit unless you could be picking up a strength or crit set bonus. For a better idea of your needs based on your gear, you'd need to use sim your gear.

(Did I do it right, Rage?)

• Like 1

Pretty much :)

At lower item levels, Crit has a very high value, but so does Strength. As your item level goes up, so does the value of crit and mastery, but the value of Strength stays more or less the same.

Therefore, the question to ask yourself when you gem (and which simming can answer for you) is "Is the gain of 160 mastery + w/e the socket bonus is worth the loss of 160 crit?".

• Like 1

But would  a 120 Strength socket bonus be worth loosing straight crit gems over? Im just breaking 40 percent crit with geming straight crit, mastery is already higher just by default of the gear as well.

It always depends. In the event where you have to sacrifice 2 gems to grab a socket bonus (say it has 2 red sockets), you end up losing 320 crit, but gaining 320 Mastery + 120 Str from it. If crit & mastrey are anything close in value (which they are when your crit gets high), it can definitely be worth it.