FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Frost Death Knight 5.4

That does appear to be a weird result. Did you run with the default profile or did you modify something? Also, for what kind of fight is this simulation for? One reason why the tool might value haste more is if the haste on your gear is really low that you may have to wait for runes to come back. But I haven't seen the default profile with AMS soaking run into these issues. I have had cases where haste has been valued slightly more than crit, but never this much over mastery.

well, the fact that there is kinda a haste cap came up to me, but i have not seen something like that in any guide. if some1 knows something better and wants, feel free to share it with me. 

now , the settings i have used are these

f1fa.jpgis there anything "funny" in those?

Nothing out of the ordinary in those. I would probably sim for Light Movement or Heavy Movement rather than Patchwerk since there are few fights (if any) in SoO which can be classified as Patchwerk. Also, do you have the latest version of SimC? (Only asking because the Gui in the screencap seems slightly different to what I'm used to).

yh, nice call that. i have simcraft 547-2, for winx64. i ll check later for different type of movement to be sure. though, in a previous release of simcraft stats where (or better seemed) correct. if with different movement style different results occur, i ll let u know. rly appreciated for ur time.

coming up, i did those tests. and here are the results

1. light movement

c5g8.jpg

2. heavy movement

5qej.jpg

as u can see, there is still haste overrated. no1 else has seen any similar behaviour?

I updated to the latest version yesterday and ran some sims on my toon and I didn't see this behavior. Of course, I didn't enable scaling for Agi, Wspeed etc, but that shouldn't really affect things. I was still getting Mastery > Crit > Haste.

Guest crimson

why is it saying crit is better then haste and mastery haste is crit and its the speed we get runes back crit dose nothing we don't proc anything of crit and it dose not scale that good for us the rating to% is low can any1 make it more clear I need more then some 1 posting it I have tried the way the site is saying and I have tried the dol way haste mastery then crit and im doing more dp ingoring crit again why crit

Guest Novicracker

A haste break down for each of the Items teir sets would be nice. and not in %'s but in actual numbers like 9700.

my only question is do we use the crystal of insanity or the flask you guys suggest be cause the crystal is a "many use item" but does pretty much the same thing.

Flask will end up contributing to more DPS but crystal is good enough for casual raiding. But if you are working on some kind of progression fights, the crystal's cooldown is going to gimp you.

• Like 1

Flask will end up contributing to more DPS but crystal is good enough for casual raiding. But if you are working on some kind of progression fights, the crystal's cooldown is going to gimp you.

I see where you are coming from so should I just carry both of them?

Guest Lizitom

Mendenbarr does not use a Frost spec.
You might want to remove him from your "approved" post.

Mendenbarr does not use a Frost spec.

You might want to remove him from your "approved" post.

Hey,

While I don't have a currently active frost spec, I have spent hundreds of hours playing frost, and played frost throughout my progression in SoO. I also routinely audit frost players on sentry totem, and answer frost questions in numerous places. If you feel that my current inactiveness with frost is leading to problems within the source material of the wonderful guides here, you are welcome to review it yourself for any inaccuracies. 

Edited by Mendenbarr
  • Like 2

Guest Death

Hello to all of you, im writing here cauze im a bit confused about DK Frost spec with 2H !!! Can u plz check my armory and tell me if the gems and everything on my DK is correct cauze i read a lot of topics about DK's but i think Icy Veins are the most correct and useful in my opinion !!! 

Sign in to follow this