FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Islingr

Some problemes as an Elemshaman

Hello,

I decided to post on this forum to ask you some questions about my dps and my problems about. I recently bought a new laptop on windows 8 and I have performance problems. My guild is raiding in 25 man and regularly, I see a drop of fps in fight. (30 -> 2-3 fps) You can understand that is unplayable. My dps is affected by this.

I tried to maximise as I can the performance and have some results. Sometimes I can dps and burst but the next 10 secondes, I cant do anything. I play in fullscreen, with low graphics.

First, there’s my character : http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/ysondre/Islingr/simple

As an elemental shaman, the dps cycle is really easy to learn. But I feel that I do something wrong. Lags don’t help but … Tonight we downed Immersius HC and tried TFP. So there’s logs of the fights :

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7C9PH3jmaJyFWrbh (Immersius)

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wqNj1ArQkaxY9c8m (Try on TFP and down normal mode)

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BpvWmkTY8ac1RDrL (Garrosh last week)

You can see that my dps is really bad. What can I do to improve it ? Have you tips who can help me ? I must say that I don’t use many addons. Only Elvui, Big Wigs, Skada and Shaman Friend (to remind me lighting shield or flametongue weapon).

I’m really frustrated not understand what’s wrong and hope you can help me.

Thanks, 

I'll take a quick look at your logs.  First thing you have to do is get your computer in better shape.  The issue most likely isn't because of Windows 8, but because the graphics card is a little too underpowered.  Make sure you have the drivers installed, and everything should fall in place.

Your gearing is a little weird.  You should be gemming for Mastery (until 87.4% if you want to stay with Elemental Blast), still going for socket bonuses like you are.  Take out that Haste and dump it into Mastery.

From your Sha of Pride parse, you have a relatively low number of Lava Bursts.  Make sure you're doing that as your number one priority.  Lava Burst > Elemental Blast > Fulmination @ 6 or 7 > Lightning Bolt.

You can stop using Searing Totem.  It's a 1% gain or a 1% loss, and really just isn't worth it right now.

Edited by Hybrys

Hi,

You were right, my graphic drivers were obsolete. I uptaded it and will try them tonight. 

I will change my gear and up the mastery to the cap. 

About the searing totem, should I still use in some cases, like when Immersius is reforming or on Nazgrim's defensive stance ? Or it's still not worth it ?

I'll let you know after the raid of this evening how the changes works. Thanks a lot :)

Hi,

You were right, my graphic drivers were obsolete. I uptaded it and will try them tonight. 

I will change my gear and up the mastery to the cap. 

About the searing totem, should I still use in some cases, like when Immersius is reforming or on Nazgrim's defensive stance ? Or it's still not worth it ?

I'll let you know after the raid of this evening how the changes works. Thanks a lot smile.png

Absolutely.  Any time that you have downtime and you don't yet have another fire totem down, Searing will still be a gain.  It's just not often a gain vs casting a Lightning Bolt.

Please do let me know, and I'll see if I can come back with any additional critique!

If you need a hand with your computer issues at all, you can always send me a private message with the model of the computer, and I can see if I can help.  I used to be a computer technician.

Edited by Hybrys

Bad news, we didnt raid tonight. There were some problems, ppl didnt come and other things like this. The next 25men raid is monday. I'll let you know in private message if you want. 

I tried a little bit my dps with mastery on my gear and I felt that is better. 

I thank you alot for your answers again smile.png

Please do keep discussing it here; it's good for the forum because other people can come and see the kind of things others are seeking help for. A lot of people find the answer to their question without having to post. So if we see what it takes to solve your problem it will be fantastic to have it recorded here :)

Please do keep discussing it here; it's good for the forum because other people can come and see the kind of things others are seeking help for. A lot of people find the answer to their question without having to post. So if we see what it takes to solve your problem it will be fantastic to have it recorded here smile.png

Exactly this.  I was mentioning that you could private message me any of your computer issues, but feedback on the changes you made and new logs would be good to mention in this thread.

Good luck, and hope to hear from you after your raid Monday!

Hi !

Good news incoming : I feel my dps is better than the last week. I havent the "mastery cap" yet but I looted new warforged bracers (from spoils) which give me good stats I guess. There is logs of juggernaut : http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QJwTMYv2P89d3X6x#type=auras&fight=4&source=22&by=target and Malko : http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QJwTMYv2P89d3X6x#type=auras&fight=29&source=22&by=target

My computer is running way more smoothly, I'm still lagging on Malkorok and when we BL at the start of fights.

If you have some advice to give me... !

Thanks again ! 

Hi !

Good news incoming : I feel my dps is better than the last week. I havent the "mastery cap" yet but I looted new warforged bracers (from spoils) which give me good stats I guess. There is logs of juggernaut : http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QJwTMYv2P89d3X6x#type=auras&fight=4&source=22&by=target and Malko : http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QJwTMYv2P89d3X6x#type=auras&fight=29&source=22&by=target

My computer is running way more smoothly, I'm still lagging on Malkorok and when we BL at the start of fights.

If you have some advice to give me... !

Thanks again ! 

You're looking pretty good there!  Congrats on the upgrade as well.

Check out this chart.  This shows your Lightning Shield.  Where it peaks, is when you're capped on charges for your Fulmination.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QJwTMYv2P89d3X6x#type=resources&fight=29&source=22&spell=150

Make sure you're spending it w/ Earth Shock at 6 or 7 stacks instead of casting another Lighting Bolt!  Maybe take a look at my WeakAuras thread, and see if you can use something there to improve your Fulmination use and damage.

Just to reinforce the rotation:

Maintain Flame Shock or recast at less than 3 seconds remaining > Lava Burst > Elemental Blast > Earth Shock with 6 or 7 stacks of Lightning Shield > Lightning Bolt.

• Like 1

Oh, I lose so much dps when I forget to use earth shock. I really have to focus on it. 

I have one question : Should I have to delay my offensive CDs to match them with my trinkets ? KTT doesnt proc every time but PBoI has a "fixed" cooldown. 

I'll try your weak auras for earth shock tomorrow. Flameshock one didnt function when I found your topic and tried it. 

Oh, I lose so much dps when I forget to use earth shock. I really have to focus on it. 

I have one question : Should I have to delay my offensive CDs to match them with my trinkets ? KTT doesnt proc every time but PBoI has a "fixed" cooldown. 

I'll try your weak auras for earth shock tomorrow. Flameshock one didnt function when I found your topic and tried it. 

The Flame Shock one should only show up when your Flame Shock is under 6 seconds.  I'll take a look at the string a little later, though.  Make sure you have WeakAuras2 and have it fully up to date as well!

Ascendance's value is so high that holding it at all for cooldowns is usually a bad idea, unless you know your trinket is coming up soon, or that you won't get another Ascendance if you were to use yours right then...  Does that make sense?

On the pull, you should always use it right away though.

Hello,

Your weakauras are running for me, I just had to set flame shock or earth shock in french... I'm a little bit stupid ^.^

Anyway,I thank you again. I just have to focus on my earth shock to improve my dps. I think that I couldnt find this alone. :)

• Like 1

Hello,

Your weakauras are running for me, I just had to set flame shock or earth shock in french... I'm a little bit stupid ^.^

Anyway,I thank you again. I just have to focus on my earth shock to improve my dps. I think that I couldnt find this alone. smile.png

Ah-ha!  That makes you brilliant, not stupid!  I would've never thought of that.

Make sure you change each trigger under each icon!  If you ever have any concerns, let me know and I'll French them super quick.

Good luck, and please do return again!

The elem fire one doesnt appear... I changed the trigger as u told me but it looks like he sulks. I compared with the searing totem which but I don't find the problem. Can you help me again ? :)

The elem fire one doesnt appear... I changed the trigger as u told me but it looks like he sulks. I compared with the searing totem which but I don't find the problem. Can you help me again ? smile.png

I'm going to download the French language pack and see if I can fix it up.  I'm Canadian, so I'll use my 10th grade French skills!

Are there any others that are giving you issues?

Edit: There's an issue with the French translation of WeakAuras, where it won't let me pull the name of the totem you currently have down.  I'm going to try an alternative trigger, let me know if this works for you.

d8tmlaqBLCAvDzODruuBtI0(KQeMjrjMlrfZMKZROUPuLAzkIVjH65i2PiTxQDtQ9tK(Pe0WeHgNI0FvQHsuLbJknCr5GiPoLeGJjv15KqwiszPiblweSCcpuc0tbpwQSoIsnrjGAQsAYOQPlCrKORkvj6zefUUcBuIAuefzZIQTJK8DKQVsuvtdvmpjGmsIs6Zsz0IOXJe6KsvCljIRre3tQs61ev6WQ8Bu29D1W5QddedtK5eLzjgwg4nW7QbkwyEobdxMZ0s7N4KsNMOKI5iJs7xQZlHZudifZonpYBAgiOkxESxhgOvyTwyVLfklxnC88F8m9P2H4BnuqC1Hbb2EMUoNHgAc2iZWCH55emC5PjMyPYOioskvImkTFPLYX5LWPyd6XQk(wdfeN23GID8UAqWuORgwdv8U6WHddpVHYVaLYLsfkLBLf4YHHoxDAFxnqXcZZjy40sMuSedZfMNtWWPLWrIedH4Bnu4QHyodnqIlgedKmuPsVf60jtlIJHHgPc1HHBemddcUh6pmnddcUFnvOGGMMbKkuhgkiJP4z01s5kpbRjqcrkxzcYqLQameSax15m0P9nmi4MKHkv6TqtZq3GeS1o5ZJgIFH8ggeChSax15m00Cyij(TKHtLiXGID8UAyqWDN6ietZGGPqxnSgQ4D1HdddcU7yReUW0m0PocXvdKx3uObqwPU3uN6WHbb2EMUoNHg(oM2WncMtWWqhIV1qHRgizOsLEl0PtMwehhgEEdLFbkLlLkukxkGh)Sb9yvfFRHcIt7BixClecXfNtLyG(ZhjDQejgo9VU4zAxnqIteUAitGemmKF8OdhgUU4zAIRgiXjcxnWZ2nfJUPzOPy035IBHgKpEYL6H4iYU8lqPCPuHs5sb84Nn0um67RlEM2ajjJUdd5V(jjD1apB3um6MMHMIrFFDXZ0gs(8OHMIrFNlUfAq(4jxQhIJi7YVaLYLsfkLlfWJF2Hddhp)hptFQDi(wdfexDyG)jzQBUNoM2qp6af5xhkNE6yAICGmuP2LFbUPuHluhNAxzbUC40jUAyUW8CcgoTeosKy46INPjUAGeNiC1apB3um6MMHMIrFFDXZ0gijz0n0um67CXTqdYhp5s9qCezx(fOuUuQqPCPaE8ZomK)6NK0vd8SDtXOBAgAkg9DU4wOb5JNCPEioISl)cukxkvOuUuap(zdnfJ((6INPnK85rhomC6FDXZ0UAGeNiC1qMajyyi)4rhomeIV1qHRge46E9RBBwgkUGjm0l6vdcCDV(1ndt4KOHbb3blWvDodnnddcUf46E9RBMMHHgPc1HHBemdivOomuqgtXZORLYvEcwtGeIuUYeKHkvbyiybUQZzOt7BOBqc2AN85rdXVqEddcUjzOsLEl00meZzObsCXGyyqW9q)HPzyqW9RPcfe0jyGKHkv6TqNozArCCyij(TKHtLiXGID8UAyqWDN6ietZGGPqxnSgQ4D1HddDQJqC1a51nfAaKvQ7n1Pommi4UJTs4ctZHbb2EMUoNHg(oM2aflmpNGHtlzsXsmCJG5emC88F8m9P2H4BnuqC1P9D1qi(wdfUAiMZqdK4IbXazKasfQdyKN)u0WUGud1nuPMcvdivOomuzbUmqgjGuH6qEcm)PObqEuklYIHH(ddzQBgfggAKkuhgUrWmmi4EO)W0mmi4oybUQZzOPziybUQZzOt77WWqhIV1qHRoC4WWqhIV1qHRgizOsLEl0PtMwehhgYf3cHqCX5ujgO)8rsNkrIb9yvfFRHcItNy45nu(fOuUuQqPC7LzXVW(g4FsM6M7PJPn0Joqr(1HYPNoMMihidvQD5xGBkv4c1XP2vwGlhovgUAyOdX3AOWvdKmuPsVf60jtlIJddxx8mnXvdK4eHRg4z7MIr3jyOPy03xx8mTbssgDdnfJ(oxCl0G8XtUupehr2LFbkLlLkukxkGh)Sdd5V(jjD1apB3um6obdnfJ(oxCl0G8XtUupehr2LFbkLlLkukxkGh)SuUtm0um67RlEM2qYNhD4Wqi(wdfUAyqW9RPcfe0jyqGR71VUzyImksMlYWGG7Gf4QoNHMMbsgQuP3cD6KPfXXWGGBbUUx)6MPzyOrQqDy4gbZq3GeS1o5ZJgIFH8gqQqDyOGmMINrxlLR8eSMajePCLjidvQcWqWcCvNZqN23Gax3RFDBZYqXfmHHcuVAyqWnjdvQ0BHMMHyodnqIlgeddcUh6pmnhgsIFlz4ujsmOyhVRggeC3PocX0miyk0vdRHkExD4WWGG7o2kHlmndDQJqC1a51nfAaKvQ7n1PoCyqGTNPRZzOHVJPnqXcZZjy4YLWzQmkEQKetC6uofprsXf78s4WXqhJP4z01MMHJN)JNPp1oeFRHcIRomCJG5em88gk)cukxkvOuUfSaB40)6INPD1ajor4QHmbsWWq(XJoCyixClecXfNtLyG(ZhjDQejgMlmpNGHlxY0etKdhoCkQ)0s5WPyzuSZlHdhdVMkuqqtZGESQIV1qbXP9nW)Km1n3thtBOhDGI8RdLtpDmnroqgQu7YVa3uQWfQJtTRSaxoCyGkN2Nt)eDyd

It's not the WA for the elem but the one with fire totem bar. The elem one doesnt like me I think. It's the only issue.

I think I understand.  So the Fire Totem bar WeakAura, for when the Fire Elemental Totem is down.

I've created an easier to use WeakAura for that.  Try this:

dGJ7faGlfjTnPsXmffMRsIzlPBII03OkQDQu7LSBf2pkPFIcggk14qjUTugQssdgf1WfYbPk1Pr6WuCoPs1cvulvQKfluTCbpurINQ6XI45iUmyQuAYOQPdDrPIFtLNrvY1LyJOqBffXMfPTtv4VuvFgvMMq57kszKks1LOkYOveJxQQtkkDlLuxtQY5vIxlvkDmr1YefTYLv3iRqDIEMtL9u7P30515LvVpdPPeafJR9mB296XIxX8YREEL7v3JP01X6Pd9JmdEGxZ6eOMUQJoq9zgSwgyAgDy0QB45Pi1nmvFmq54GarwH6bGJ6g2LiqNl4kr6lmKMsaumUow3ZJ1nXILZ2lpNzp298SsxhlM(O0SbkhheiANRxDgEz1dUkiRERurQScfkuNYRZinaSYS1HSY8QbhNq9ez1oxw9(mKMsau715SWwVqaRZvrAKIRJbkhheKvhxIaDcAWcrVmapGbQBkOtpPqqxZFcLh0rAd41leWhDi02MgO46GhWa1ToeA6fc4xguuZ6OdHMDjc0oxhDi02MgOZinaSYCNk0GbAQSYS1HqtVqaF0HqZUebAwOopLevnlwOpMbKI6EksFHH0ucGAVoNf26tak3eu7CwyRxDgEz1leWpPAienRhCvqw9wPIuzfkuVqaFseKO46Kiirw9wPIuz1oxZANPMfkuVqa)exlUb1SEs1qiYQtOdUkO)P7nt9EluO(O0SbkhheiANRNgmn4yWGgTJPhaoQByxIaDtjyIBc6e0K0TefxNYRZinaSYCNkOZtjrvZIf6JDr5MG6EkrhH(yja6RcHQUHNNIu3Wu9XaLJdcezfQpnkpor7ES1DbkmqdsDdDM0PlB2P4Dg(z3mPtxVJopLevnlztCd9SdecPMeyLSjUbzLhb1QpJ0a43PcnyGMQV1HqtO2zkREFgstjaQ96CwyRxiG15QinsX1NauUjO25SWwhduooiiRoUeb6e0GfIEsHGUM)ekpOJ0gWRxgGhWa1nf0PJoeA2Liq7C9cb8rhcTTPbkUo4bmqDRdHMo6qOTnnq)GjqhCSYS1HqtVqa)YGIAwVqaF6WdiqanRxiGp6qOzxIanluNhigSemiOzDEkjQAwSqFmdif19uI(cdPPea1EDolS1RodVS6fc4NuneIM1dUkiRERurQScfQxiGpjcsuCDseKiRERurQSANRzTZuZcfQxiGFIRf3GAwpPAiez1j0bxf0)09MPEVfkuFuA2aLJdceTZ1tdMgCmyqJ2X0dah1nSlrGUPemXnbDkV(2XkZwhcnDtbDkUoc9Xsa0xfcvDdppfPUHP6JbkhheiYkuFAuECI29yRthEabcOzDxGcd0Gu3qNjD6YMDkENHF2nt6017OZtjrvZs2e3qp7aHqQjbwjBIBqw5rqT6Zina(hmb6GZ6qOjuOUhANhlNTqj

It works :D What was the problem with the other WA ?

I was wondering about unleash elements just now, do you use it ? And how ? I dont understand how it works in the guide of Damien... 

It works biggrin.png What was the problem with the other WA ?

I was wondering about unleash elements just now, do you use it ? And how ? I dont understand how it works in the guide of Damien... 

it was the exact same problem.  When I had a trigger try to look at the name of the Fire Totem, it broke the entire thing.  I think it's because of the apostrophe in "Totem d'élémentaire de feu"

As Ele, you never use Unleash Elements unless you're talented into Unleashed Fury.  If you are talented into Unleashed Fury, you want to use Unleash Elements any time it's off cooldown, when the Unleash Flame buff wouldn't be consumed by refreshing Flame Shock.

Hi !

As I said, here some news about my chaman : My dps is better than the two last week, I made a new interface to track my fulm and my flame shock. And yesterday, we downed TFP Hc. Here are the logs : http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Bq1hRPZJrACQGjHy#fight=14&type=damage-done&source=24

Can you tell me if something is still wrong ? 

Thanks a lot again in advance :)

Hey Islingr!

So, TFP isn't a really good fight to look at, because there are a lot of opportunities to drop your entire rotation, and just spam Chain Lightning, but how many times you can do that depends on your raid's strategy.

Instead, I took a look at Norushen.  This is your Enrage attempt, zoomed to where you just come out of the orb realm.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Bq1hRPZJrACQGjHy#type=damage-done&source=24&fight=19&start=9143548&end=9446234

77% uptime on Flame Shock is no good!  You've gotta work on getting that up.  On complex fights with adds, don't be afraid to keep a Flame Shock rolling on the boss and dump those Lava Surges into either the boss when they pop up, or into the add (even without Flame Shock on your target, because it's instant and it's still 'better' than a Lightning Bolt)

You could have fit two Ascendance casts in the time I linked.  If you used it on the pull (which this wouldn't see), you should have used it at 0:10, 3:15, and 6:20.  (Roughly, not perfect.)  That alone would've put you ahead another 10k DPS!

Fulmination was better than before, but there's still some room to improve.  Look here where you were capped for 20-30 seconds.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Bq1hRPZJrACQGjHy#type=resources&source=24&fight=19&start=9143548&end=9446234&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%2459032381.0.0.Shaman%24false%2477762%5E0%24Separate%24%23909049%24auras-cast%240%240.0.0.Any%2459032381.0.0.Shaman%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%248050&spell=150

I also don't see you using AG during the fight!  Below 50%, Icy Fear is a raid-wide AoE that really hurts.  Using HTT (like you did, good job) to recover from one was great, but you could've used AG to recover from another.

Overall, you're doing really well.  You just have to work on the things we talked about already, and keep at it.

Norushen is a little hard I think.

I realized too late for my flame shock, I tried to apply it and forget it again. The tac that we have doesnt help me. Groups 1 and 2 go on the test, send us a big wave of adds. My mind only want to CL x). But tonight we'll try to down the boss and I'll focus on that point. I usually focus on my flame shock but I dont know why on this boss I dont.

It's the same thing for the second Ascendance, too many adds make me forget to use it. 

When do you use AG ? At the pull ? Only with Ascendance ? My RL manages CD's but he doesn't ask for my AG... Do I have to use it without a call ? 

Norushen is a little hard I think.

I realized too late for my flame shock, I tried to apply it and forget it again. The tac that we have doesnt help me. Groups 1 and 2 go on the test, send us a big wave of adds. My mind only want to CL x). But tonight we'll try to down the boss and I'll focus on that point. I usually focus on my flame shock but I dont know why on this boss I dont.

It's the same thing for the second Ascendance, too many adds make me forget to use it. 

When do you use AG ? At the pull ? Only with Ascendance ? My RL manages CD's but he doesn't ask for my AG... Do I have to use it without a call ? 

He's pretty difficult, but you'll get used to it!

As for Flame Shock, that's why I made my WeakAura for Flame Shock show up at 6 seconds (the cooldown of shocks) and flash at 3 seconds (when you can reapply).  Just can't forget!  Same thing with Ascendance, just gotta keep your cool.

Remember that CL isn't great unless it's hitting 3+ targets.  On 2 targets, you want to continue your regular rotation, substituting Lightning Bolt with Chain Lightning.  I actually used to unglyph it for this fight, just for the damage boost.

I use AG when I see the raid take a big hit (after an Icy Fear that we don't have absorbs up for), or when I know a big hit is coming (such as before a Swelling Pride on Sha of Pride.).  Some raid leaders aren't aware of it's power, but in 25m, it can do up to 200k HPS for it's duration.  If you can use it while you're cleaving (like when TFP HC does the bubble, and all those little adds are in the middle), you can spike as high as 500k HPS, and that's huge for the raid.  When that happens, I even call for the healers to stop healing for a moment!

I would have a chat with your raid leader and ask him if they want to call it for you, or if you should use your best judgement.

We downed Norushen and Galakras tonight :D

I'm really proud of my performance : http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Ar68Mg9TPcCq42Wd#type=summary&source=16&fight=11

My flame shock uptime isnt so good if we count it before the test but after, it's nice. I tried to use more AG, what do you think of it ? 

Good point of the night, I casted about 900 CL ! 

And finally, I use my AG when I feel it suitable.

We downed Norushen and Galakras tonight biggrin.png

I'm really proud of my performance : http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Ar68Mg9TPcCq42Wd#type=summary&source=16&fight=11

My flame shock uptime isnt so good if we count it before the test but after, it's nice. I tried to use more AG, what do you think of it ? 

Good point of the night, I casted about 900 CL ! 

And finally, I use my AG when I feel it suitable.

Looks pretty good to me.  AG is such a powerful cooldown.  For example, while Galakras was down, you did 4.1 mil effective healing between Tide and AG.  If AG had been used a little better, it would've been 7mil!