FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Combat Rogue 5.4

Guest Step

If you takes in account crits for Evi and MG, then you should take it in account for Rupture as well, so calculations will be a bit different

Rupture does 51k*1.25 = 63.75k damage and saves 10 energy per application

Eviscerate does 53,5k damage and have 8% chance to restore 15 energy.

Comparing energy save/restore for 1 application, not per time, which means next:

You have guaranteed 10 energy save from rupture cost against eviscerate

Or 40% of getting MG which has 20% of proccing Combat potency which gives summary 8% of getting 5 energy at Evi application

Summary

5 points application

Rupture: 63.75k damage average, free of cost (Relentless Strikes)

Evi: 53.5k damage average, 10 energy cost, 8% chance to restore 15 energy

Looks a bit different from yours, isn't it? And now it's much harder to say which one is better, though i'd say rupture gives minor dps boost.

Guest FalleStar

With the change to Smoke Bomb in 5.2, reducing the damage taken by friendly targets within it's area of effect by 20%, Glyph of Smoke Bomb might be a better choice than some of the other glyphs that aren't needed often, such as Glyph of Evasion.

Guest Cháves

Hi! Htanks for the guide. Just a little thing.... on the last line of section 5.3, about Bandit's guile, it is writer "bandit's guild". xD

With the change to Smoke Bomb in 5.2, reducing the damage taken by friendly targets within it's area of effect by 20%, Glyph of Smoke Bomb might be a better choice than some of the other glyphs that aren't needed often, such as Glyph of Evasion.

Thanks, I added it to the guide ;)

Hi! Htanks for the guide. Just a little thing.... on the last line of section 5.3, about Bandit's guile, it is writer "bandit's guild". xD

Haha! I was sure I would end up doing that mistake one day :P

Guest Tazdro

hello i was wondering since the new patches of 5.1 and 5.2 i havent played my rogue. I wanted to start playing him again full time but i have been confused on the weapon situation. Are we Dual wielding 2.6 speed weapons now .. or one 2.6 and 1.8 dagger in off? any help will be much appreciated .. Thank u

hello i was wondering since the new patches of 5.1 and 5.2 i havent played my rogue. I wanted to start playing him again full time but i have been confused on the weapon situation. Are we Dual wielding 2.6 speed weapons now .. or one 2.6 and 1.8 dagger in off? any help will be much appreciated .. Thank u

2.6+2.6 or 2.6+18 will give you almost the same results. Latest SimC results give 2.6+1.8 better by less than 1% in Heroic gear.

Guest Mico

If you takes in account crits for Evi and MG, then you should take it in account for Rupture as well, so calculations will be a bit different

I didn't count crits for eviscerate only for MG. Because MG exists when u use eviscerate and can crit . When u use rupture MG can't crit because it doesn't exist, u cant get MG when u apply rupture.

If someone still reading this I'll repeat: Eviscerate does more damage and more dpe than Rupture. With every ap, mastery and crit upgrade Eviscerate is more and more better, all because it gives you Main Gauche attack which can u also give you deadly poison damage and 15 energy.

Due to an inordinate number of spam messages posted on this thread, I am temporarily locking it. If you have a burning question, please post in the Rogue section of the forum.

Guest Insance

In the part of "Shuriken toss" Its says to be 20 energy cost, when its real value is 40 energy,

Guest Sìcc

LOVE this site and this guide, thx for all the hard work<3

Guest Guest

I think the gem section is a bit off, it says Delicates for red slots over 500 ilvl when I'm pretty sure you mean under 500 ilvl as that would go more in line with the haste centered theme of the build.

Guest Guest

hi all,

i have one question concerning the gems section:

there is writen that i should use:

if item lvl is below 500

80agi/160haste for red and for yellow sockets

if item lvl ist above 500

160Agi for red and 320 haste for yellow sockets

for me its the same stat weight insn`t it?

for example i have two items with one red and one yellow socket (1item <500 , 1item >500 itemlvl)

below i should use 2*80agi/160haste      = 160agi/320haste

above i should use 1*160agi 1*320haste what is the same

normaly it should be:

<500 agi ist better so i use 160agi for red and 80agi/160 haste for yellow sockets

>500 haste is better so i use 80agi/160haste for red and 320haste for yellow sockets

Isn`t it?

Guest arc

jc and blacksmithing (and herbing to a lesser extent) are the best combat profs because they allow for a haste buff rather than an agi buff

Sign in to follow this