Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vlad

hearthstone Hearthstone Video of the Week - Druid Arena Run

1 post in this topic

5769-hearthstone-video-of-the-week.jpg

In this week's Hearthstone Video of the Week, we present you a Druid Arena run by StrangeTemplar. While high skilled Hearthstone players may not find the video very informative, the constant commentary and general tone of the video will prove quite educational to many players. Given that StrangeTemplar's narration is very pleasant, we found featuring this video to be quite an obvious choice!

In this week's Hearthstone Video of the Week, we present you a Druid Arena run by StrangeTemplar. By his own admission, StrangeTemplar is not an outstanding Hearthstone player, but this video will prove quite educational for anyone who has only gotten into Hearthstone more recently. The plays are all accompanied by pleasant commentary, meaning that the video is enjoyable and easy to watch. There are many other Hearthstone videos on StrangeTemplar's channel, which you can of course watch if you are interested in more content!

Help us feature your video! Part of the reason why we started our Video of the Week feature is to help up-and-coming YouTubers reach a wider audience. So, if you've got an educational or interesting recent video, or you know someone else who does, let us know in this thread, and we may feature it next week!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By L0rinda
      The 68th Tavern Brawl is Boom Bot vs Annoy-o-Tron. It first appeared as a Brawl almost exactly a year ago on September 30 2015.
      This Brawl features two special heroes, named after the cards Boom Bot and Annoy-o-Tron. Boom Bot's Hero Power is Deal 1 damage to 2 random enemies, while Annoy-o-Tron's is Give your lowest attack minion Divine Shield and Taunt. The decks are random, but some cards are staples in each deck. In general, the Mech Minions are the random cards.
      The easy part to overlook in the hero powers is the Taunt available for Annoy-o-Tron. Taunting up something small like a Flying Machine can give your other Minions the freedom to take over the game. Boom Bot does seem to have more damage from hand however, using lots of random effects from cards such as Madder Bomber and Goblin Blastmage. This means that Annoy-o-Tron's Divine Shields rarely stay around for long, so be sure to use them on your terms, not your opponent's.
    • By L0rinda
      Episode 186 of Trolden's Funny and Lucky Moments series has been released.
      This is a good episode on the back of a run over exceptional episodes. As always, it's nice to see bad play punished, and this happens in the first clip. For those who don't know the cards, the important card in that clip is Majordomo Executus.
      As regulars will know, I judge Trolden's choice of Yoggs pretty harshly. He has tried to put me out of a job by acknowledging this, along with anyone else who counts his Yoggs, in true Trolden fashion.

The rest of the video is enjoyable without being spectacular. As I've said a few times recently, after a bit of a lull in the 170s, Trolden is back to his best. Let's hope the Yogg Nerf doesn't hit him too hard! On recent form, he should be fine. I also expect/demand a best of Yogg video to celebrate the nerf.

• By TheBeninator
      Hey everyone, mediocre deck builder here. I love experimenting with new decks and wanted to try a new totem shaman deck after Blizzard´s patch reworking shaman/aggro cards.
      Note: This deck is made for AFTER Blizzard´s next patch.
      Decklist:
      2x Totemic Might
      1x Evolve
      2x Lightning Bolt
      2x Primal Fusion
      2x Spirit Claws
      2x Flametongue Totem
      2x Totem Golem
      2x Hex
      2x Tuskarr Totemic
      2x Mana Tide Totem
      2x Thunder Bluff Valiant
      1x Bloodlust
      2x Thing from Below
      2x Master of Evolution
      2x Azure Drake
      2x Fire Elemental
      If you hadn´t noticed already, its a very cheap deck to make because of the lack of epic and legendary minions.
      Strategy
      Flood the board with totems early game and control the board with Totem Golem, Spirit Claws, Lightning Bolt, etc.
      Try to buff at least 2 or more totems with Totemic Might Early game to give the totems more survivability. 
      Bloodlust Can get you the early win if you have enough totems on the board.
      Evolve Is a good card for having lots of smallish minions on the board and can sometimes give you a charger to close the game.
      Azure Drake Combines well with Spirit Claws and draws a card. (Who doesn´t love some good card draw?)
      Master of Evolution A master of evolution. Need I say more? Yea, probably. He curves perfectly with Tuskarr Totemic and can turn that 3/2 body into a 4/5 minion or something more useful. What could possibly go wrong?
      Final Additions
      This the first deck I´ve tried to explain on a website, and I´m not too great at building decks so if you have any questions or thoughts put them in the comments so I can reply and add them to the explanation.  

• By L0rinda
      Orange has signed for Swedish organisation, Alliance, one of the major European esports organisations.
      It has been a rough time for teams recently, with Dignitas, Hearthlytics, and NaVi all parting ways with their Hearthstone teams. To see a team like Alliance signing Orange is great for the health of the game. The official announcement can be seen on Alliance's website.
      Placeholder for tweet 781194229435535360 Hopefully this is the first of many new signings, both for Alliance, and in general. With several great free agents currently on the market, notably Xixo, Hoej, and Ostkaka, there is plenty of opportunity for teams to invest in Hearthstone. Teams should also be encouraged by the balance changes announced earlier in the day, with the game seemingly aiming to focus more on skillful play being more impactful.
    • By L0rinda
      Blizzard have announced major balance changes to Hearthstone, including changes to Yogg-Saron, and Tuskarr Totemic.
      Blizzard have announced major balance changes to Hearthstone, including changes to Yogg-Saron, and Tuskarr Totemic.
      Players have been complaining more than usual about the state of the randomness in Hearthstone for some time now, with Tuskarr Totemic and Yogg-Saron, Hope's End being the major targets. On top of that, Shaman has been getting more and more powerful, and difficult to deal with. Blizzard have taken the opportunity to adjust these cards, lower the power level of Shaman, and have tidied up a few other issues. I have outlined the changes with my views below, the official views can be found on Blizzard's blog.

Tuskarr Totemic allowed for huge swings based on the result of the random effect. The three non-basic Totems, Mana Tide Totem, Flametongue Totem, and Totem Golem usually led to substantially better board states then the four basic Totems. The card will still be playable in Totem based decks, but it will no longer win anywhere near as many games just through a lucky roll.

One of the most controversial cards ever, Yogg-Saron, Hope's End, has been drastically reduced in power. Although the card text stays the same, the way it functions will be different. I'll let the design team's words speak for this one:
      Blizzard
      We didn't want to nerf it so much that it couldn't still be a fun card for players who currently love Yogg. Yogg-Saron will now stop casting spells if, during Yogg-Saron’s battlecry, it is destroyed, silenced, transformed, or returned to its owner’s hand.  We tried a bunch of things and we think this is a significant enough nerf that it could reduce the amount it gets seen (especially in tournaments), while still maintaining the dream for people who love the card.
      Rockbiter Weapon is very powerful. Not only does it combine well with Doomhammer and Al'Akir the Windlord for huge closing damage, but it also allows Shaman to control the early game. Often this early control snowballs so much that there is very little the opponent can do. Stopping this will slow the Class down substantially, and should make Shaman builds a lot less frustrating to play against.

When I first saw the Preview for Call of the Wild, I speculated that Animal Companion was going to be nerfed. Usually a card in Hearthstone that does the job of two or more cards, costs the total of the casting costs, plus one extra for each addition card that it represents. In the case of Call of the Wild that means it should cost the three threes from Animal Companion, plus two more. Eleven. The way that the game actually flows should mean that a nerf to nine is fine, but I think many people will be glad that Hunter has lost the turn seven coin, Call of the Wild win condition now. Hunter will now have to find a way to bridge the gap from Savannah Highmane on turn six, until Call of the Wild.

Alongside Shaman, Warrior has also been incredibly powerful and versatile recently. Although this nerf is a surprise to me, I think it is a welcome one. A slower controlling deck should still be able to make good use of Execute, but aggressive decks won't have the luxury of turning their opponent's minions into speed bumps any more. I think this is a good change for the game.

Another surprising change, but another good one. People don't like losing to decks that they can't interact with, and this kills off One Turn Kill Raging Worgen as a deck. With all the problems that the keyword Charge has given the game over the time, I've mentioned to friends, a little frivolously, if we'll see the keyword change eventually, or if the cards will keep being nerfed one at a time.

Another surprising, but welcome, change to a card. Blizzard have stated they'd like to see a little less aggro, and that Abusive Sergeant is in nearly every aggressive deck at the moment. Although this seems like a small change, we saw the difference one Attack made to Knife Juggler, and I think we'll find that Abusive Sergeant not trading up the turn after it is played will mean it is far less powerful.
      These changes should be in place for the Last Call Qualifiers in October, and it will be exciting to see what the players come up with for those very important tournaments.
      Let us know your thoughts as to how these will impact the game!