FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hydroxio

Hard cap on mastery

Dear elemental shamans,

Yesterday I got a new item that gives me more mastery then my previous item. With that item I'm sitting on 89.81 % mastery ( 22144 ). When I m using elemental blast and get the mastery buff I'll have 102.53 % mastery ( 25959 ), which makes me go over the hard cap.

My question is whether I should go for a full haste build or just switch a few int / mastery gems for a few int / haste gems so I can still use Elemental blast and remain under the hard cap of 100 % mastery. These were my first 2 thoughts but maybe I'm totally wrong so more advice is welcome !

For some more info my armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Bloodhoof/Hydroxio/advanced

If there you need more information, please let me know. I look forward to the reactions smile.png

Well, i'm not entierly sure myself, but as i heard from others, when u go over 100%, u like say u got 102%, means u'll have 100% chance for a second attack and 2% chance for a third of the same base spell. And if that is so, i'd say mastery is beneficial above 100% as well. This is atlast how it works with WW monks mastery when it comes to the extra brew's.

If you'd like to stick with EB, I typically recommend the mastery cap of around 87.4%, at that point swapping some Mastery gems for Haste gems though still prioritizing Mastery until that number.

Fortunately, EB is also affected slightly by your PBI.  So you can aim for a slightly lower mastery cap, of around 87.3% (or around 21390 Mastery).  When going for this cap, it's better to be below it than above it, since anything above it is just wasted stats.  So some people aim for 87.25 or the like, as close as they can get.

Unfortunately, Horcored isn't correct and any mastery over 100% is wasted, and other shamans using an Unleashed Fury build should aim for 100% or slightly less.

TL;DR

Mastery cap is 100%.

Mastery cap w/ EB is 87.4%.

PBoI's Amp affects EB.

Mastery cap w/ EB & 580 PBoI is ~87.3%

Awesome, ty alot for the quick reactions people. I'll swap out some mastery gems for haste as I still use EB for some fights :)

Mastery cap is 100%.

Mastery cap w/ EB is 87.4%.

PBoI's Amp affects EB.

Mastery cap w/ EB & 580 PBoI is ~87.3%

Just to be sure, SparkSovereign and I investigated and proved the 'Mastery Cap', just because it hasn't been specifically documented.

This is a log of my shaman, casting LB 500 times w/ exactly 500 Overloads @ 102% Mastery.  The margin of error on this test being false is ~0.004%.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4JjG6gWHX8a2R1kb#boss=-3&type=damage-done&source=3

• Like 1