FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
frozilla

Paladin Deck - Need Advice

Hey everyone,

This deck has got me up the ranks to level 15, but now I'm stuck. I think I could benefit from having 2 of more cards, rather than just 1, but I'm not sure which to keep. I'm open to any suggestions/advice. Thanks!

Paladin Cards:

2x Argent Protector

1x Equality

2x Aldor Peacekeeper

1x Divine Favor

1x Blessing of Kings

2x Consecration

1x Hammer of Wrath

1x Truesilver Champion

1x Avenging Wrath

1x Guardian of Kings

1x Lay on Hands

1x Tirion Fordring

Neutral Cards:

1x Argent Squire

1x Elven Archer

1x Acidic Swamp Ooze

2x Wild Pyromancer

1x Blood Knight

2x Harvest Golem

1x Defender of Argus

1x Spellbreaker

2x Azure Drake

1x Stampeding Kodo

1x Illidan Stormrage

1x Sunwalker

Crafting cost: 6020

Mana Curve:

0 - 0

1 - 2

2 - 6

3- 6

4- 7

5- 3

6 - 3

7+ - 3

Edited by frozilla

Hey, Frozilla.

Paladin is a bit messed up in the current meta game as you will quickly be forced to play it as a control. You can try the deck list I've adjusted for you.

Paladin Cards:
2x Argent Protector
2x Equality
2x Aldor Peacekeeper
2x Consecration
2x Truesilver Champion
1x Avenging Wrath
2x Guardian of Kings
1x Lay on Hands
1x Tirion Fordring

Neutral Cards:
2x Wild Pyromancer
1x Blood Knight
1x Big Game Hunter
2x Harvest Golem
2x Defender of Argus
1x Spellbreaker
2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
1x Stampeding Kodo
1x Faceless Manipulator
2x Argent Commander

If you don't have cards such as Faceless Manipulator or Big Game Hunter, you can make your own adjustments. (Ooze in case of weapons, Holy Light or Earth Ring Farseer in case of 2 many aggro decks, Azure Drakes can work, however in that case I'd put Hammer of Wrath back in)

Paladin Cards:
1x Equality (You either get 2 or you get 0. 2 if you wish to retain your Consecration / Wild Pyromance combos or remove them entirely if you want to play full aggro paladin)
1x Divine Favor (Get 2 or 0. 2 if you are fully aggressive with cheap spells / minons and your mana curve not exceeding 4 (except maybe 2x Argent Commander))
1x Blessing of Kings (Situational at best, I personally don't like BoK. It often gives your opponent an opportunity to make a 2-for-1)
1x Hammer of Wrath (Can work in mid-ranged or control paladin. I'd consider it only if I was running with azure drakes aswell. Generally Hammer of Wrath is too slow)
1x Truesilver Champion (Get 2 for ANY PALADIN DECK)
1x Avenging Wrath (you can use 1 in any midrange / control pala)
1x Guardian of Kings (Get 2 if you are leaning towards control, remove both if you are staying aggro)
1x Lay on Hands (Only in control paladins)
1x Tirion Fordring (remove it in any aggro paladin)

Neutral Cards:
1x Argent Squire (Get 2 for aggro, remove otherwise)
1x Elven Archer (depending on the amount of warlocks, you can get 2 in aggro paladin, else its easier to remove both)
1x Acidic Swamp Ooze (metagame choice, depending on the amount of weapons you are facing, you can consider having 2 or 0)
1x Blood Knight (You can get 2 in your main deck if you will consider running 2x Argent Squire and 2x Scarlet Crusader instead of Golem)
2x Harvest Golem (Can potentially be replaced with Scarlet Crusader)
1x Defender of Argus (Get 2 in any aggro paladin or any other if metagame is full of miracle rogues)
1x Spellbreaker (situational... I like having silence, its not a must tho)
2x Azure Drake (Can be considered, not much synergy in a paladin, but generally a great card)
1x Stampeding Kodo (can be considered in a control)
1x Illidan Stormrage (Horrible)
1x Sunwalker (can be considered in a control)

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Poyo

• Like 1

Wow! Thanks Poyo, I've been playing for a while, but still don't have a great sense of how to create a control versus an aggro deck. I'll make your suggested changes and let you know how it goes. I appreciate all the insight you gave on the various cards in my current deck.

Edited by frozilla

I really like Poyo's list and he makes lots of valid points. The trick with Pally decks at Rank 15+ is knowing how to change modes during the game (ie: switching aggro and control). Therefore your deck needs to be able to give you this option.

If I were to customise Poyo's list to suit my playstyle, I would remove one Stampeding Kodo and add an extra Faceless Manipulator. I can't really verbalise exactly why, but I just find so much more synergy with Faceless Manipulator.

Hope this helps. If you need any other tips/tricks, feel free to check out my series of low budget Hearthstone guides at:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3CFAh9HSZuX8jVzdj5eTSw