FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4.8 News for Warlocks

26% Crit and 30% Haste vs 34% Crit and 18% Haste..it's preference, but I'd go #1.

Does ilvl increase do anything to the capes proc chance?

Cloak proc rate is something like 3.00 + Haste for Destruction, ~2.6 for Affliction and 3.26 for Demonology.  It will TECHNICALLY scale with item level, but only when you upgrade pieces with Haste.  Relatively minor upgrade, but it is an upgrade. 

I know stats mean very very little, but I'm sitting on a conference call waiting for it to start.   Would you go with 

#1. DszazFj.png

or 

mCaJdv0.png

#1 sounds more sweet.

Haste it's great for cleaving and AOE, plus it's more reliable at generate embers than crit.

Given the timing on the announcement, I suspect we will see the patch first reset of June.  When making any Valor related announcements they normally do so with enough advanced notice for players to cap in preparation.

That said, this did make it sound sooner than 3 weeks.....

Ironic that I've been VP capped for months and decided 2 weeks back to get a haste set going and burned it all.  lol now I may be left short of VP cap come patch if its soon biggrin.png

Yeah, I was a little wrong.

FK me for only having 3 upgrades banked + my 2 for this week.  Ah well.  I guess 5 upgrades tomorrow is better than 8 upgrades 2 weeks from now :D

I am debating holding off on upgrading my PBoI until after I kill Imm this week in case of WF.... However if I upgrade it, it should just about guarantee the WF one drops lolol

is there a way to embed a part of a spreadsheet on this forum. 

I made a quick little ilevel tool thing lol

The way I do this is take a screenshot of the spreadsheet, imgur it, and embed that link.  You could probably do Googledocs link but I can't see that (work firewall prevents googledocs but not reddit or icy-veins lol).

well it was an interactive thing to tell you your ilevel based on gear and valor upgrades so a screenshot wont help...yea...i got really bored for about 30 mins lol. Rough day when servers are down haha

Edited by vaeevictiss

I like that AMR tool for upgrades with valor and have used it for awhile, although I tend to use it as a guide and not absolute.  For instance, it rates upgrading my helm and legs above shoulders and booties, but my helm and shoulders are still normal, whereas my shoulders and booties are heroic.

I tend to follow it's order, but also factor in which gear I am least likely to replace. smile.png

Overall, a good tool.  for me it rated  weapon > cape > trinkets > tier.

Being valor capped though, I would have still ended up upgrading pretty much the same items though. smile.png

Edited by Zilthy

lol, apparently these are bugged in game. All the pieces i upgraded to 4/4 show their original ilevel in the tool tip. however, everything totals up correctly in the main player ilevel area as well as all your stats. 

the bad thing though, is that on AMR, it shows all my upgraded pieces at the default ilevel as well and at their default stats so it looks like AMR is useless until its fixed.

lol, apparently these are bugged in game. All the pieces i upgraded to 4/4 show their original ilevel in the tool tip. however, everything totals up correctly in the main player ilevel area as well as all your stats. 

the bad thing though, is that on AMR, it shows all my upgraded pieces at the default ilevel as well and at their default stats so it looks like AMR is useless until its fixed.

Workaround is to use the game client/web interface.   I loaded myself in webpage.  Made my changes manually, clicked optimize and you're golden. 

Just click the item and bump it up to +16.

damn nice lol. thats what i get for not playing around with that page lol

thanks!

and i think the in game issue is an ElvUI thing.

Edited by vaeevictiss

Your average item level will go up 0.5 points per piece you use if you have a main piece and off-piece (16 pieces) and will go up 0.53 points if you use a 2h weapon. 

If you are able to upgrade 6 pieces, your item level will go up 3.0 points if you have a MH/OH and 3.2 points if you have a 2H.

If you are able to upgrade 8 pieces, your item level will go up 4.0 points if you have a MH/OH and 4.3 points if you have a 2H.

Once you upgrade all of your pieces to 4/4, your total item level will go up 8 points regardless of MH/OH combination because at that point, everything is equal in upgrade value.

Looking at the latest posts for AMR upgrading , im in a bit of a pickle

armoury

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/Nalar/simple

1) should I go for what zagam said about at the start of the post about what i should upgrade,

or

2) should i upgrade all my hc items as much as possible and as much as i can

or

3) should i upgrade my trinkets and tiers and then upgrade the others when i can

or

4) should i upgrade my items with the most mastery 1st and then the rest

damn its a hard choice , im going to run some tests but , your over all input from your experiances state side would be fantastic

Looking at the latest posts for AMR upgrading , im in a bit of a pickle

armoury

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/Nalar/simple

1) should I go for what zagam said about at the start of the post about what i should upgrade,

You should always listen to me without thinking!!!

JK - loaded your page.  Your only permanent piece is your cloak.  You have a normal mode weapon and no WF pieces at all.  Yikes - so we have to actually decide.  Personally, if I was you, I'd do the following...

Weapon, Trinket 1, Trinket 2, Cloak, Chest, Shoulders, Belt, and save 500 in case you get a Heroic weapon. 

Askmrrobot says...

Weapon, Cloak, Trinket 1, Chest, Trinket 2, Legs, Helm. 

I tend to disagree since you could be replacing your legs and helm which is why I said the shoulders and belt slots.  Your call - but I think you'd want to upgrade what the higher item level is IN CONJUNCTION with what you can/will replace soonish.

It can be tough to decide if your not sitting in BIS outside of Warforged and could get more than one upgrade in a week.

As nice as the second round of upgrades is... I am not sure if Blizz realized they just reintroduced the original problem item upgrades had.  One full upgrade a week means you can get more than one upgrade and have to shelf it a week or more until you have the valor to upgrade it.

In T14 I had several upgrades I never did get to use since I was always behind the valor upgrade curve.  

Depending on what gear you may have available to you in the near future.. you may wish to upgrade the main items like wep/trinks and keep a float for the "must fully upgrade now" drops your still craving.

OWkHgfu.jpg

my character sheet.  1,004,723 passive HP with Soul Link/GoSac.  I almost have to run this now.  Ember Tap = 34.57% heal.  WUT.  Fire and Brimstone = 80.66% of normal damage.  This just gets sweeter and sweeter.

• Like 1

22,2k a.k.a 135% Mastery unbuffed. Over 150% buffed.

Delicious.

Edited by JvChequer

well eu servers are having a problem with the patch as no NPC's are anywhere and ppl stuck on loading screens

do you on US servers have problems with patchdays?

No problems here.  Unless you count logging in to an empty world (No NPC, no monsters, no other players) where all you can do is walk around a problem. :)