FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ckloraw

Arcane mage doing 40k on garrosh but much higher on other bosses

I am not sure what I am supposed to do.  On most other bosses in SOO, I am easily doing 80-90k damage on my arcane mage.  When it gets to the Garrosh fight I am only doing 40k, for the first time in 7 years i got booted from a raid group for low dps.  What am I supposed to do.  I fight the boss then I have to move to the weapons then the MC ones.  I move out of everything and I put up Rune of power, every time it is about to go out. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.  Here is a link to my toon on the site:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Contemptis/simple

We can't help you in any way if you don't post logs, so please do so and i'll be happy to take a look :)

As TLTeo said, we can't really help you without logs. On your armory, however, I notice both of your green gems are haste+spirit. This is really not good, you should be using haste+hit or mastery+hit, depending on if you're stacking pure mastery, or going for haste as well. I would advise the mastery+hit gems for you, because it looks like you are gemming mastery in everything else.

I am a noob, i don't know how to get my log.  The reason I gemmed haste spirit is because i was already capped in hit and yes I am going for mastery but don't mind haste either, so not sure what gems to use there unless I use the artful ones then i won't get the socket bounus.  Thank you guys for the help.

Are you using AMR or a similar tool to optimize your gear? If not, I'd strongly recommend it.

Gem int/Hit if you need the hit. Generally use AMR and try and optimize your gear, using Akraens guide. Don't just skim through it read it fully (Not the Frost Math Analysis, but the Comprehensive Guide)

Read this about how to create combat log.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/4392-warcraftlogs-a-comprehensive-guide/

Akraen's guide is for advanced players and without any offence, you seem to be a beginner. For you I would strongly suggest reading our class guides, which if you gemmed haste+spirit gems, you clearly didn't read.

https://www.icy-veins.com/arcane-mage-wow-pve-dps-guide

Read the guide and if something is unclear based on that, then ask us again.

Thank you and again i only gemmed the haste spirit gem because i was hit capped and there wasn't another gem to put in the colored slot, it asked for, w/o sacrificing my socket bonus.

Edited by Ckloraw

Thank you and again i only gemmed the haste spirit gem because i was hit capped and there wasn't another gem to put in the colored slot, it asked for, w/o sacrificing my socket bonus.

first arcane mages are heavy stand still oriented toon. so the longer you stand still the better your dps will be. so i would suggest picking up Cauterize, so you can stand still on thing that might kill you and still dps.  on Garrosh Hellscream: Nether Tempest is a bit better. For arcane mages your stats should be Mastery> haste> crit. your kind of in a Mastery> haste=crit build. try pushing your haste higher. socket bonus can be good but many time you need to get away from them. yes they can be useful but dont really go out of your way to get them all this late in the expansion.

Edited by TIme987