Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavarr

Prot paladin stats.

3 posts in this topic

Ok so a question.

I am gearing up my prot set currently. and I use reforgeinator (spell check) when I do this it tells me I need 15% expertise. Which ends up being most pieces are reforged for expertise. I was told this keeps my attacks from being parried. Now I get that and all, but it seems 15% is an insane number to go after when I could possibly get so much haste from that.

My question to you all is how do you feel about just having less expertise? And a possibly Good number to shoot for.

Mind you my tank set it 537 and I mostly casually tank lfr and flex. I feel like at this level I should be fine with less expertise.

Is that true or am I truly missing the great value of having 15% expertise

You're only losing about 6% haste to get that 7.5% extra expertise, which means that you can't lose holy power to being parried but you generate slower. I used to get the 7.5% and stop when I was under 520, but at your Ilvl I definitely recommend getting that extra 2550 rating. There's a lot of expertise gear in siege, you'll see that annoying number crumble away quickly. Remember that you can pick it up easily with gemming exp/haste in red sockets, and maybe getting an enchant. I recommend AskMrRobot because it'll account for gems and enchants as well.

I agree that 15% is annoying at a lower Ilvl, but if you're doing any raid it's worth it.

1 person likes this

As prot pala the only reason you stack up haste is to increase your hp generation.

If you are below exp cap and go for haste, you will probably lose more hp at it than you can recover by haste.

Even with TOT-gear exp cap was achievable in addition to haste values about 30%.