FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
JuanJuany

What am I doing wrong?

there is no way to port an existing WOL parse to warcraftlogs, or vice versa

regarding your thok parse:

14 shadowburns is weaksauce. in my most recent parse i did 27, and i know that's not my best. use a mouseover shadowburn macro in combination with tidyplates 20% hp detection and you can rock that shit way harder.

i'm also surprised you don't have any ROF casts, which would be good on the bats or during thok's interrupts while you're hasted (bloodlust and/or tempus repit). 

in a fight the same length as yours i have about 20 more single-target incinerate casts. either you're pausing for the interrupt or just not staying in range to incinerate as much.

apparently you managed to melee something once for 7.5k damage... lol...

overall it's a decent parse but could be much better if you improved shadowburn, ROF, and incinerate usage.

Edited by mediocregatsby

there is no way to port an existing WOL parse to warcraftlogs, or vice versa

Yes there is.  You go to your archive files, recover it, re-upload to other service.  I've done it multiple times to put WCL parses up on WoL for rankings.

Yes there is.  You go to your archive files, recover it, re-upload to other service.  I've done it multiple times to put WCL parses up on WoL for rankings.

where's the button for that exactly?

We can help you, just not as much.

World of logs is outdated, and in many cases, down right broken. The developer quit in september and nobody maintains it.

Warcraft logs is shiny and new, contains a ton of features WoL never had, and allows us to analyse logs in ways we never thought possible with WoL.

We can track resources, and even watch a realtime map of how you moved throughout the entire fight.

If you're serious about getting better you will need to start using it, I mean, eventually you'll want to start analysing your own logs, and not rely on other people anymore. Right?

• Like 2

Help can be given from WoL parses but for full analysis, it would be best to have logs created by yourself and not others. Countless examples above give issues when others log for you.

Plus, Warcraft Logs is the new toy we are all hyped about. We don't want to be one of those guys that don't like change, right? WarcraftLogs is superior to WoL. WoL did a great job for many years and is the stepping stone of all future parses. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this