Damien

Hearthstone Paladin Spells, Minions, and Weapons

19 posts in this topic

Brilliant description of Seal of Light.  Great job comparing the usefulness of a Paladin card with the druid card Claw which cannot be used.  Comparing apples and worms.

If apples and worms were both Hearthstone cards, sure.

Yes, class cards are allowed to be better or worse than other class cards or neutrals, but there is a value metric that runs through the game. The Claw illustration is being used to demonstrate the point that the healing effect will not always factor into the equation if you're using the card in the early game. Armour is just a more valuable resource than health.

i'm curious. How can you say that a card si good or bad in constructed if tgt hasn't come out? i'll make myself clearer, i'm referring to edric the pure. You said that its too weak. What does it mean? it has one of the fastest effects of all tgt's minions so it has potentialities to change instantly the game, slowing down it, making favourable trades and so on. Obviously there's a downside:it has bad stats (only attack). Do you want to play anyway? i would answer that it depends by essentially 2 factors:

1)deck you want to put it ,2) meta. Obviously, at least i guess, this card won't never fit midrange paladin (current 'slow' compettitve paladin's deck) becouse it's simply not aggressive enough for 7-mana spot. It can't replace dott boom and  personally i think that its power doesn't fit at all midrange kind of decks.  But what about Control paladin? i think that in this deck it would be simply awesome becouse it slows down the game, can buy time for healings, allow efficient trade with opponent's minions and at the same time put a good body on the board. besides, speaking clearly, to gain value from edric effect, it doesn't require opponent's full board of giants xD . Even if it hits 2 mid bodies it's awesome becouse you basically pay 7 mana for a 5 mana body plus 2 humility, so contesting the board, with only 1 card. Another common thougth about eadric is that pally don't need it becouse paladin has an other answer to completely clear the board (so better than eadric): equality+consacration. In my opinion that's one of the biggest problem of control paladin. Playing high costs minions it forces you to rely on some board clear to come back in the game (so 2 equalities). But i think that this combo is greatly overrated becouse to begin with a combo like this to clear board is not efficient and sometimes equality sits in your hand doing nothing. eadric togheter with other cards could be a good way to remove at least 1 equality from the deck making control paladin more consistent. So summerizing i think that the use of eadric will greatly depend by how slower the meta will become after tgt and so if control paladin will be competitive enough.

In conclusion, coming back to the main topic, how could you say that it's useless in constructed if tgt hasn't come out yet? or do you disagree with me about eadric?

This card is 7 mana 3/7, Aldor is 3 mana 3/3. That means you get more stats value out of Aldor.

Against handlock, you get rid of 2 or 3 giants. Equality will help you get rid of them with your hero power tokens, and you pay less mana.

Against aggro, you slow yourself too much and Eadric doesnt even finish the job. Consecration kills most of their minions, doing better job at lower price.

Control paladin is worse than midrange or aggro, one card wont help it get better.

If you have enough experience, you can guess the value of a card. Maybe watch some Trump's or Kripparian's videos where they explain why are certain cards from TGT good or bad.

i'm curious. How can you say that a card si good or bad in constructed if tgt hasn't come out? i'll make myself clearer, i'm referring to edric the pure. You said that its too weak. What does it mean? it has one of the fastest effects of all tgt's minions so it has potentialities to change instantly the game, slowing down it, making favourable trades and so on. Obviously there's a downside:it has bad stats (only attack). Do you want to play anyway? i would answer that it depends by essentially 2 factors:

1)deck you want to put it ,2) meta. Obviously, at least i guess, this card won't never fit midrange paladin (current 'slow' compettitve paladin's deck) becouse it's simply not aggressive enough for 7-mana spot. It can't replace dott boom and  personally i think that its power doesn't fit at all midrange kind of decks.  But what about Control paladin? i think that in this deck it would be simply awesome becouse it slows down the game, can buy time for healings, allow efficient trade with opponent's minions and at the same time put a good body on the board. besides, speaking clearly, to gain value from edric effect, it doesn't require opponent's full board of giants xD . Even if it hits 2 mid bodies it's awesome becouse you basically pay 7 mana for a 5 mana body plus 2 humility, so contesting the board, with only 1 card. Another common thougth about eadric is that pally don't need it becouse paladin has an other answer to completely clear the board (so better than eadric): equality+consacration. In my opinion that's one of the biggest problem of control paladin. Playing high costs minions it forces you to rely on some board clear to come back in the game (so 2 equalities). But i think that this combo is greatly overrated becouse to begin with a combo like this to clear board is not efficient and sometimes equality sits in your hand doing nothing. eadric togheter with other cards could be a good way to remove at least 1 equality from the deck making control paladin more consistent. So summerizing i think that the use of eadric will greatly depend by how slower the meta will become after tgt and so if control paladin will be competitive enough.

In conclusion, coming back to the main topic, how could you say that it's useless in constructed if tgt hasn't come out yet? or do you disagree with me about eadric?

I'm making informed guesses based on experience and expertise, if my original predictions turn out to be wrong, then the descriptions will be adjusted.

Murloc Knight's description needs to be updated. It's described as a "very poor" card in Arena and only playable in a murloc deck in constructed.

There a little typo in Blessing of Might's description. In the Arena section, the second sentence starts like this: "If you do end up with it your deck[...]". It should probably read: "If you do end up with it in your deck[...]".

There a grammar error in Light's Justice Constructed Play section. It says "if you not have access", it should say "if you don't have access".

In the General Comments section of Coghammer, I think there's a typo. It says: "Coghammer is a potentially strong card in isolation, however in real word cases it can[...]" I think it's supposed to be "real world cases".

In the Arena section of Dragon Consort, the last part of the first sentence needs a little work to be read easily. It goes like this: "the effect is less like to have an impact that with a specifically tailored Dragon deck." It's understandable but it might be a little difficult to understand for people less familiar with the English language. I don't really know how to fix it.

In the Constructed Play section of Argent Lance, it says it's a good card "in a meta this is filled with aggressive decks." I think "this" should be replaced with "that".

I feel like there's some confusion regarding Blessing of Might, Argent Protector and Seal of Champions. Blessing of Might's description says it combines well with Argent Protector, Argent Protector's description says it has been eclipsed by Seal of Champions and Seal of Champions' description says Blessing of Might is better. I might be rambling nonsense.

This was brought up, but I don't think Murloc Knight's General Comments section is very relevant as Murloc decks usually don't run it and the decks that run it more consistently aren't Murloc decks. I mean that the idea of Murloc synergy is indeed pretty weird, but the card doesn't really have issues because of that.

I feel like there's some confusion regarding Blessing of Might, Argent Protector and Seal of Champions. Blessing of Might's description says it combines well with Argent Protector, Argent Protector's description says it has been eclipsed by Seal of Champions and Seal of Champions' description says Blessing of Might is better. I might be rambling nonsense.

Blessing of Might does combine well with Argent Protector, but the combo is not that important. These cards don't have to be played together at all.

Argent Protector used to played in both slower decks and aggro decks. He is still better in control decks (although nobody plays them anyway), but Seal is way better in aggro decks now This is the reason why Seal eclipses Protector.

Blessing of Might is simply good on its own and doesn't need Argent Protector to be good.

Now some more stuff:

BoM>Seal>Protector

BoM + Protector = Very Good

BoM = Good

Seal = Good-ish

Protector = Not That Good

This comment may cause even more confusion.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead