FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
agajones

Aggro or Control?

Hi all. This may be a silly one, but just wondered if there is a point at which aggro or control becomes dominant as a play style? Have got to Rank 13 on limited expenditure with a cheap Warlock Aggro deck and am looking to spend precious dust but want to make the right choice to head further up the rankings. For example I got Cenarius in a drop, so should I switch to Control Druid or disenchant and put towards Leeroy Jenks for my aggro deck? Do top players generally play aggro or control, or are both only as good as the player?

Hi all. This may be a silly one, but just wondered if there is a point at which aggro or control becomes dominant as a play style? Have got to Rank 13 on limited expenditure with a cheap Warlock Aggro deck and am looking to spend precious dust but want to make the right choice to head further up the rankings. For example I got Cenarius in a drop, so should I switch to Control Druid or disenchant and put towards Leeroy Jenks for my aggro deck? Do top players generally play aggro or control, or are both only as good as the player?

They play whatever they feel like, is good for the current meta. I wouldn't really say anything exact, because by the time you'd finish your control druid, the meta game might change and be full of decks that would easily counter your control deck.

Generaly speaking, it's good to have 1 control and 1 agro deck, and you can choose whichever to play based on the current meta.

I made a warrior control deck first and it was pretty good. The problem is that I follow the midbudget agro control deck on this site. It is a really good deck and I win against classes that usually beat my agro decks (IE Priest and Lock with those four 8/8 cards) but sometimes the cards are changed and I don't have enough dust to remake my deck.

So I started agro decks for Paladin, hunter, mage and warlock (and even control hunter uses leeroy) because they all share the same legendary, Leeroy. With a Hero legenday like hellscream I was stuck playing warrior, which was good because control are very strong decks but leeroy gave me more flexibility. Keep in mind these are all midbudget decks

I finally got enough dust to make ragnaros the fire lord and to finish crafting my midbuget warrior control deck. I Really like it because it's good against all decks (agro and control) where as agro I would find myself out of luck sometimes against certain control decks.

The warlock midbuget agro is very strong. I win a lot with it. so I would say get leeroy and go agro first and build on that. That way you can play more than 1 deck since all these agro decks share the same cards. now I have 2  Legendary agro (Paladin Hunter) 1 legendary control (Hunter) and 2 midbudget agro (mage warlock) that all share leeroy and I have my warrior control

deck which I consider my OP deck.

I consider the midbuget priest to be the weakest link but with these few classes I can easily complete the quests. I don't have any cards for the other decks because I have enough variety thanks to leeroy.

I mainly run two decks, both are aggro with great minion removal and card drawing so in a way they're a bit of both.  I run Leper Gnomes, Knife Jugglers and Loot Hoarders no matter the class, my preferences are mage and druid.  They both put immediate pressure on you but they can also take out enemy minions and allow you to draw lots of cards.  You're intended to lose half your games anyway so you might as well accept that winning too much will pit you against much better players regardless.