FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Martog

Rushing Jade Wind in rotation?

I just found this site not too long ago and after looking over the how-to play guides, I noticed that Rushing Jade Wind is not the T6 talent of choice.  I was quite suprised as I use it in my rotation constantly when all my other abilities are on CD.  Of course I had to test out rotations.

I found that if I'm using Blackout kick to dump extra Chi, I rarely ever have to use Engergizing Brew as I never have trouble with Energy.  My DPS is ok like this(around 120k-140k single target), but I feel it could be better.  Also seems that my abilites are on CD and i'm using jab, jab blackout kick ect.  Also noticed that I end up having to use jab to give myself enough chi to use RSK or to get Tiger power up.

With Rushing Jade Wind in the rotation, I use it the same way.  It has a 5 second CD so if its on CD as well, I use blackout kick.  I'm constantly using all the energy I can and blowing brew as soon as it pops.  My DPS goes up (180k+ ) and suprisingly enough, Rushing Jade Wind is near the top of my dmg done acording to recount.  (single target not AoE)  I also don't ever have a lapse with RSK or Tiger Power as I'm able to manage chi better because I'm not dumping all of it into a filler dmg ability.

I found that because Rusing Jade Wind does not have to be channeled but has 4 ticks, I can use other abilites while RJW is ticking, giving me a DPS boost.

I'd really like to know why Icy-Veins does not consider it part of the rotation and why a 3 min CD is considered superior to a 5 second CD.

I also wanted to test out the full single target rotations on SoO fights, but I realized that the only fight that does not have adds is Iron Jug....  With that in mind, would that make RJW the automatic choice?

Thoughts and Comments?

TL:DR:   Why doesn't Icy-veins have RJW in the rotation and why does it consider White Tiger a better T6 dps boost?

Can you mention what part specifically you are talking about? Because from what I can tell it says use Xuen for single target while use RJW for 3+ targets.

Xuen is far better single target damage because you would save more energy into using jab on your target than it would be to use the energy on RJW.

The reason it says only on 3+ is because that's how many targets you need to hit with RJW to generate one chi. Otherwise it's wasted energy. While Xuen saves your energy and also cleaves up to 3 total targets. Making it useful for 1 or 2 targets that wouldn't you gain chi from RJW.

From what I see, the guide is correct (Xuen single target, RJW multi target)

Please direct me to where you only see Xuen mentioned and not RJW.

Krazyito is on point here: RJW doesn't generate Chi unless there are 3+ targets, and you'll find your Chi gen goes down significantly because of it.

RJW is on the top of your Recount because you don't have the Chi for anything else.

I found that if I'm using Blackout kick to dump extra Chi, I rarely ever have to use Engergizing Brew as I never have trouble with Energy

On a side note this could mean you have too much haste and are energy capping which is a dps loss. More Agi/secondary stats instead of the excess haste will mean that your attacks will hit harder.

Why doesn't Icy-veins have RJW in the rotation and why does it consider White Tiger a better T6 dps boost?

Other than what has been previously mentioned, 1 gcd every 5 seconds for RJW against 1 every 3 mins for Xuen is a big difference (over 3 mins is 36 RJW gcd's vs 2 for Xuen).

These gcd's can be used on RSK or Jab or BoK and will give you higher dps and more Brew stacks.

Happy Killing :)

I appricate the explainations, as I'm one of those type of people who want to know why something is done in what way so I can adjust properly.

As far as the Agi>haste stuff, I'll have to take a look and do some research what my breakpoints should be and where I'm actually at.  I did experiment a bit yesterday and found that droping Ascension and adding Chi Brew lowered my regen rate enough that I was using engerizing brew without dumping engery into RJW.  Plus using blackout kick and chi brew constantly gave me a lot more stacks of tigereye brew which increased my dps. 

Now I just need to get my fingers to do the rotation properly. 

I appricate you guys clearing that up for me.

Fortunately, there are no haste breakpoints.  It's just going to be haste/energy regen until you're comfortable.  I used to run around 6k, some people swear by 9k, some run as low as 4k.

It'll all come down to where you're comfortable, and your usage of FoF and Energizing Brew.