FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
AngryToilet

Is getting the MW haste BP of 12,138 a good idea?

Hello all,

I've been at the 12,138 haste breakpoint (that number is while in tiger stance) for a while now. I have noticed a few other MW healers using the BP below that (9,158) instead. This gives them more crit/spirit. I'm just curious if any of you have messed with both and what you prefer.

I seem to have mana issues sometimes, while those other guys never do. I was always under the impression to always go for the highest haste BP if you can. But these other MW's dont and they out-heal me.

Thanks for any help.

Here's my armory with the 9,158 haste BP

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/spirestone/Angrytoilet/simple

This armory is while i am still in tiger stance (to get the haste BP more precise). I reforged later back to the 12,138 haste BP and the only difference in stats was my crit went from 32.43% to 27.89%. All other stats stayed the same.

Here are some logs from a couple fights. I'm not the greatest MW ever, so I'm sure you can point out some things I could improve on as well. Any advice is greatly appriciated on that and my original question on this post.

Heroic Dark Shaman 25-man

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dXjwQBK6JRy1mrPv#type=healing&source=23

Heroic Iron Juggernaut 25-man

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dXjwQBK6JRy1mrPv#type=healing&source=23&fight=3

~AngryToilet

Haven't looked at logs yet, will when I get home. But just a quick glance at your armory.

Seems like 9k breakpoint would be better because you're only at 32% crit (so around 37~ buffed) you're better off waiting for more critical.

Next issue is you would normally be fine in crit if you didn't have these mastery pieces. You really need to get rid of your staff, immerseus ring, and neck at least. Tier is harder to replace but protector shoulders or spoils pants is better than 2 mastery pieces (don't break 4pc it's good enough)

I know it's pretty difficult to replace heroic gear, but crit is especially important because mastery literally does nothing.

I would try to get the sha/seigecrafter staff and a spirit/haste neck (shamans? I think I can't remember). The ring I would compare the intended loss vs the crit gain before making the heroic -> decision. (personally I'm stubborn enough to have never gotten the thing to begin with, but that may not be the best thing)

This guy is wearing what I would consider BiS http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Reglitch/advanced

The reasons he's not at 12k is because he hasn't played in a while waiting for wod. With warforged and upgrades he could probably reach it easy.

Give or take a dps amp trinket

Ya it is really hard not using a Heroic piece if it's in my inventory. I will if it makes my toon better though. My helm is a HWF item but it has mastery. ughhhh! haha

Ok I switched out that Heroic staff that had mastery on it for the Normal version of the Lever staff, which is BiS. Just hard going from a Heroic weapon to a normal version. I also have the Normal BOA staff from Garrosh but it also has Mastery so it isnt itemized as well as the Normal Lever staff either.

Check out my armory now. I have more crit now, but less spirit. As for getting pieces without mastery, I  am trying but either they dont drop or I dont win the rolls.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/spirestone/Angrytoilet/simple

Also; I do have a couple pieces that are stat upgrades to the current Normal versions of the teir pieces I currently have equipped. However, I'm assuming it's a MUST to have the 4-set intact?

Edited by AngryToilet

That looks like a more acceptable level of crit for you.

Looking at your logs your uplifts are quite a low portion of your healing. I dont have much 25 man experience but i believe you should have alot more uplift healing. So you are either not generating enough chi to dump on uplift or possibly "sitting" on chi.

On the dark shaman kill you had 5 expel harm uses so im geussing its a not generating enough chi issue.

You also have mana tea glyphed. This is a bad idea and you should unglyph that.

Happy killing :)

ReM, SCK, Surging IMO.  but in the end, ReM is the only one that matters and that's only if you're not stacked up for the entirety of the fight. SCK for healing on the move, and Surging cause free smart surging mists are nice with the tiger palm buff.

You can switch out Surging for pretty much anything else if you think you need it.  Healing spheres glyph in 25m can actually be very good since it makes them last 5 mins.  Might see better use out of them there if you're pretty spread out.

Fort brew can be good if you taking excessive damage on a fight, or Zen Med you you can walk around with it.  Detox doens't seem all that useful really.  Maybe Thok/Sha/Protectors, but thats all I can think of.

You can still do that while you're channeling Soothing mists.  It only applies to the cast time version of it.