FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
lipsinch

Feedback on Immerseus H [+logs!]

Heyo there again!

Yesterday we gave like 10 tries on Immerseus, all of them failed miserably. I'm teh only melee in teh group, and I was assigned to be @ boss full time (though from try 5 or so). I feel my DPS wasn't good enough (for teh items I have, I should be hitting like 290k+?), and I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

I use KS right on teh opener, SB+AR right after, Hero on pull. Some initial tries I was holding KS to use on adds, on teh latter (where I was assigned to be full time on boss) I held KS some times due to a shitload of pools in teh melee range.

Here're teh logs. It's a full report of our run yesterday, so it has other bosses too.

And here is my armory. I switched teh chest and helm yesterday, got four pieces. Before I was using a Blackened Hood Tears 2/4 with LMG and Haste Gem, and a Pamela's Muuscat Wrap Warforged 4/4 with Agi/Haste Gems and Hit/Haste Gems (if I'm not mistaken).

No H Dagger so far, gotta keep under Combat. Zzz....

Edited by lipsinch

Cleave trinket on single target?

'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'

If you have a Flex or LFR Haromm's Talisman or Ticking Ebon Detonator, it's going to be way better than that, as the Cleave on that trinket has next to no value.

I can't tell very well from WorldofLogs (Swap over to WarcraftLogs and I can do a LOT more fancy log things), but your opener looks okay.  Remember to be using Killing Spree before Adrenaline Rush, because AR gives you more energy, and more energy means more finishers, and more finishers means a lower CD on Killing Spree due to Restless Blades.  You can often go KS --> AR --> KS again on P1 Imm, and it's okay to not wait for Insight for your first KS, because your trinket procs will have a higher value.

Specifically for Imm, remember that Cloak removes those debuffs you get when you attack him while he has the stacks up.  Save it for when you hit 5-6 stacks, instead of hitting it at 2-3.

We did talk about gear last time, but your gems seem really odd again.  Weren't you onboard with Haste stacking for Combat, after we talked about the value of energy regen outside of AR?  That would bring your DPS up significantly, again due to Restless Blades.  Or are you still in Sub gems?

• Like 1

Thanks Hyb. =D

--

Okay, so... I SimC-ed my toon, and through teh weights I got, AMR pointed me on those gems that are on my toon currently. (I found strange too, but then I remembered that Dryaan uses teh same stuff on his Rogue, so I went along). For those logs, I was using Agi/Haste reds and Haste yellows. I switched to this gem build yesterday, and gave a try on Garrosh. Got logs from yesterday, will post them later.

As for Cleave trinket, it's what I have. It's that or Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault. xD I suppose more Agi is better, no? Hoping to get a Haromn (when I raided 25 at teh start of teh year, a hunter took a Warforged (!!!!) from me. Then 2 weeks later she quit. =_=)

As for Immerseus, it seemed that CoS didn't clean up teh debuff? I'm not sure if I was using at teh same time as my healers were dispelling, so I had this feeling it wasn't working, but I'll talk with them about it to give some testing.

For WarcraftLogs, I uploaded once there, but after 30 mins my log simply disappeared. I posted on bug forums, teh admin tried to fix it up but seems like it's gone lost. That's why I switched back to WoL.

Edited by lipsinch

Editted!  Check it out!

Editted too! Thanks! Lol

--

Also, with this new gear setup, my haste dropped like 10%, and I felt way less spammy. With this I could keep up without giving too many breaks due to hand pain.

Edited by lipsinch

Thanks Hyb. =D

--

Okay, so... I SimC-ed my toon, and through teh weights I got, AMR pointed me on those gems that are on my toon currently. (I found strange too, but then I remembered that Dryaan uses teh same stuff on his Rogue, so I went along). For those logs, I was using Agi/Haste reds and Haste yellows. I switched to this gem build yesterday, and gave a try on Garrosh. Got logs from yesterday, will post them later.

As for Cleave trinket, it's what I have. It's that or Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault. xD I suppose more Agi is better, no? Hoping to get a Haromn (when I raided 25 at teh start of teh year, a hunter took a Warforged (!!!!) from me. Then 2 weeks later she quit. =_=)

As for Immerseus, it seemed that CoS didn't clean up teh debuff? I'm not sure if I was using at teh same time as my healers were dispelling, so I had this feeling it wasn't working, but I'll talk with them about it to give some testing.

For WarcraftLogs, I uploaded once there, but after 30 mins my log simply disappeared. I posted on bug forums, teh admin tried to fix it up but seems like it's gone lost. That's why I switched back to WoL.

That's odd re: gems, but it might work out to very little difference.  I particularly like the feel of high haste Combat, because of the cooldown resetting factor, but some hate it because you can cap during KS.  (Which I think you mentioned last time, nevermind the spammy hand pain!)

For trinkets... That Shado-Pan might actually be better.  The Agi value of the Sigil is around 2075 Agi, where as the Shado-Pan is worth around 1530 Agi (1650 Agi value, if it's 2/2 upgraded from last tier).  And since the Sigil doesn't repeat on to the target you're attacking, the Shado-Pan does come ahead in a single target scenario, as long as you can use the majority of that Hit rating.

Oh, no, you're right.  CoS doesn't remove the debuff anymore, which I find silly because Glyph of Shamanistic Rage works for Shamans.  You'll either just have to back-off, or get dispells, if they want you to blow through the debuffs.

For WarcraftLogs, it may have just been a bug based on the time that you subscribed.  I'd try again, because I can do some amazing things with it, such as watching energy maintenance, finishers past resetting KS/AR/SB, and pinning Insight vs damage times.  It's crazy powerful.

Yeah, this is a killer on CoS. You can cheese so many mechanics with that... It's really annoying that I have to drop off boss to clean up that debuff when my healers can't dispell (and we're running with 2 only, since one of teh tanks is also a healer lol)

I think I still have teh trinket (I hope), so I'll switch it. I also think that I still have that log, so I'll try reuploading @ WLogs.

Edit:

Hybris, here is teh upload on WarcraftLogs. There're all teh fights we did this week.

Edited by lipsinch

also,your Slice and Dice uptime is very,Very low...

You've fallen into the trap that is Immerseus, and the fact that there was no activity for the last half of the fight.  SnD was fine.

Now their Sha of Pride SnD isn't as great.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xgAz4qrBH319vVp2/#type=auras&source=21&fight=26&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24112020336.0.0.Rogue%24false%245171%5E0%24Separate%24%23909049%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24112020336.0.0.Rogue%24false%24144574&spells=debuffs

If you are now, melee shouldn't be swapping to the large add.  I do like the short Blade Flurries for the little adds, though.

I'm having some problems with my UI, can't find a way to be comfortable with it. I'm currently working with an UI similar to Koilie's (Shadow Priest), but I still am struggling to configure my auras in a way that uses teh current icons over my HP bar...

Design+Caprice issues.

That's why sometimes I forget to refresh my buffs or overwrite them ignoring last ticks or timing (issue on SnD, Rupture and RvS). I'm aware of this issue, and I'm working on it. =)

Also, you were right. A shitload of fancy stuff here @WCL!

I'm having some problems with my UI, can't find a way to be comfortable with it. I'm currently working with an UI similar to Koilie's (Shadow Priest), but I still am struggling to configure my auras in a way that uses teh current icons over my HP bar...

Design+Caprice issues.

That's why sometimes I forget to refresh my buffs or overwrite them ignoring last ticks or timing (issue on SnD, Rupture and RvS). I'm aware of this issue, and I'm working on it. =)

Also, you were right. A shitload of fancy stuff here @WCL!

Have you ever tried an all in one rogue addon, such as SliceCommander?  I found something like that made a world of difference in seeing my buffs/debuffs.

Alternatively, I'd be happy to hammer out some WeakAuras for you, if you'd like.  Just let me know style, size, and function.

Have you ever tried an all in one rogue addon, such as SliceCommander?  I found something like that made a world of difference in seeing my buffs/debuffs.

I thought SliceCommander were outdated?

I've put Gnosis, seems to be powerful. But I still learning how to configure it properly.

I thought SliceCommander were outdated?

I've put Gnosis, seems to be powerful. But I still learning how to configure it properly.

It will be once 6.0 hits... But a buddy of mine updated it to be 5.4 compatible and pushed it to Curse.  You can grab it off the Curse website/client now!

I may personally do compatibility updates, or create a WeakAura set mimicking it's functionality once 6.0 rolls around.  I love it to death.

Also, don't use Gnosis.  Just use well crafted WeakAuras.  Here's one EXACTLY mimicking Gnosis's default Bars.

dOtfeaGEve7crvBtvAMuPmxvuZwHhtv3weDyjTtj2lz3IA)QWpveddk)Ms)fHgQksdwjgoIYbHQ6zsPJb44qf1cHQSuQuTyrA5i9qQKEkQLPOEUunrvrtLIMSsnDqxeQ0vHkCzHRRQAJQkNgYMPITRiPpQiX3usFwk(oIkNerMMknAfPgVQWLGkYTeHRb05rW4OqNJcEnvIfGmfJetkddQt1hNj5T5(z8trdeKar3Tn)brEG8XtKpe3fptEmYdkoP4T4TmfdJhWVrTPlEcomDJubxXPw6oO4v9USPwYexS5q8Jjoo9aQVexWvqaS557SbGBl2vojUgeNAP7G6QDyPYufavWuzwfmvAvbtLRkackgsrnnbvMITKlpjpii8eNRjJUmvbqmpq(4yPM3hlpr(qqbfVrDYgvcMXdOBHdu8XYXYXYXcoLfdrjd63O20fpbhMUrQGR4HTULP4)Eq0pQ9UWtm1oczko5)aIKPGck(Vhe92KPvOWtSFu7DzkUJYnJqS7tMcoWvqbfdJhqgDsOcGbXPvVlBQLmxTdlvMQaOcMkZQGPsRkyQCvbqqXthOMPH6d8feWOraGl47B71Or5K4AuC(pPjf10e0UkaI7WQ3LUsfx)HwLko1s3bv4jo1s3bf3DtiMX5)knowCDe1SyA0GSztcKfIR)0AALko1s3bLrNeQ8kg5TzID0oe7gUFMItT0DqN440dOkxXW4b8NgINs22rDINoQOSyy8a(zZqX479ODKH1XXYP0OJ2r2tqmeLmOm6KqfadItRExAO2)82v7WsLPka6d8feaC9fdB2W6D9IjNeGTQmRpWxqaW1xmSzdR31lMCsa2QsR(aFbbaxFXWMnSExVyYjbyRGIrBX8a5JJLAEFS8e5dXquYG(zZqX479ODKH1XXYP0OJ2r2tqm5qB4067UACTf71aqBBB781OCsCVIjmXXPhq9z047Dg8ca2cyaeCgtojURItT0DqjL7bufaXBuNSrLajVnlMugguNQpotYBZ9Z4NIgiibIUBB(dI8a5JNiFiO4QmfZdKpowQ59XYtKpetkddQt1hNj5T5(z8trdeKar3Tn)brEG8XtKpeu8uvb4cGjOea

• Like 1

It will be once 6.0 hits... But a buddy of mine updated it to be 5.4 compatible and pushed it to Curse.  You can grab it off the Curse website/client now!

I may personally do compatibility updates, or create a WeakAura set mimicking it's functionality once 6.0 rolls around.  I love it to death.

Also, don't use Gnosis.  Just use well crafted WeakAuras.  Here's one EXACTLY mimicking Gnosis's default Bars.

dOtfeaGEve7crvBtvAMuPmxvuZwHhtv3weDyjTtj2lz3IA)QWpveddk)Ms)fHgQksdwjgoIYbHQ6zsPJb44qf1cHQSuQuTyrA5i9qQKEkQLPOEUunrvrtLIMSsnDqxeQ0vHkCzHRRQAJQkNgYMPITRiPpQiX3usFwk(oIkNerMMknAfPgVQWLGkYTeHRb05rW4OqNJcEnvIfGmfJetkddQt1hNj5T5(z8trdeKar3Tn)brEG8XtKpe3fptEmYdkoP4T4TmfdJhWVrTPlEcomDJubxXPw6oO4v9USPwYexS5q8Jjoo9aQVexWvqaS557SbGBl2vojUgeNAP7G6QDyPYufavWuzwfmvAvbtLRkackgsrnnbvMITKlpjpii8eNRjJUmvbqmpq(4yPM3hlpr(qqbfVrDYgvcMXdOBHdu8XYXYXYXcoLfdrjd63O20fpbhMUrQGR4HTULP4)Eq0pQ9UWtm1oczko5)aIKPGck(Vhe92KPvOWtSFu7DzkUJYnJqS7tMcoWvqbfdJhqgDsOcGbXPvVlBQLmxTdlvMQaOcMkZQGPsRkyQCvbqqXthOMPH6d8feWOraGl47B71Or5K4AuC(pPjf10e0UkaI7WQ3LUsfx)HwLko1s3bv4jo1s3bf3DtiMX5)knowCDe1SyA0GSztcKfIR)0AALko1s3bLrNeQ8kg5TzID0oe7gUFMItT0DqN440dOkxXW4b8NgINs22rDINoQOSyy8a(zZqX479ODKH1XXYP0OJ2r2tqmeLmOm6KqfadItRExAO2)82v7WsLPka6d8feaC9fdB2W6D9IjNeGTQmRpWxqaW1xmSzdR31lMCsa2QsR(aFbbaxFXWMnSExVyYjbyRGIrBX8a5JJLAEFS8e5dXquYG(zZqX479ODKH1XXYP0OJ2r2tqm5qB4067UACTf71aqBBB781OCsCVIjmXXPhq9z047Dg8ca2cyaeCgtojURItT0DqjL7bufaXBuNSrLajVnlMugguNQpotYBZ9Z4NIgiibIUBB(dI8a5JNiFiO4QmfZdKpowQ59XYtKpetkddQt1hNj5T5(z8trdeKar3Tn)brEG8XtKpeu8uvb4cGjOea

I'll give a check on this WA string and on SliceCommander once I hit home, thanks for directions!

Got new logs, though I think I screwed a little (didn't delete teh previous log, so it uploaded everything I had plus the new fights... I'll see if I can do some cleanup there @WCL site.)

I also forgot to log Immerseus and Fallen Protectors, only started logging from Norushen H. x-x;

From my own analysis, I think I got a little better uptime on SnD, but still low as hell.

Any other piece of analysis is welcome, since I might not see teh whole picture.

If you're having trouble on finding teh fights, they're always teh last pull of these:

Norushen H

Sha of Pride N

Thok N

Garrosh N

Hybrys, teh WA string works like a charm! Now I'll craft some other stuff using that one as a pattern, perhaps I can chain CDs with Insights. =D

Offtopic question:

You can put middle lines on teh bar where your DoT will supposedly tick, like Gnosis? Been playing SPriest. xD

WAs don't really have a function like that. I can tell you when it ticks, and make a sub-bar for tick speed, but otherwise I'm not sure how I could create a ticking bar.

Maybe I'll look into it today. More on your logs soon.

Hello lipsinch,

I will kick in for a little assistance even though Hybrys is already doing a great job (as always).

The weakest link on your Combat play is most likely the Slice and Dice Uptime, since it is < 80%. Even on a fight like Sha of Pride, where the only reason not to have it up is getting imprisoned (on Normal Mode that is), your uptime is sitting on approx. 77% only. Given that your auto-attacks are hitting for 37k dps (or 1/6 of your total damage) that would incease your dps by quite a nice margin (especially when taking into account that any auto attacks generate energy via Combat Potency) .

Another important point for a good Combat play is the Revealing Strike Uptime. Not only does it give your finishers a 35% damage increase on the target, it also gives you a couple of free combo points which result in even more finishers. So basically every Finisher and Sinister Strike cast on the target without having RvS up results in a dps loss eventually.

A simple calculation (without analysing the actual cast sequences):

You have a 78% uptime of RvS on the Sha of Pride fight. You casted a total of 25 Eviscerates and a total of 85 Sinister Strikes over the course of the fight. 22% of these didn't hit with the RvS debuff up. That makes ~ 6 Eviscerates and ~ 19 Sinister Strikes that haven't been cast with the RvS benefits. That means a loss of approximately 210k damage (total) on these Eviscerates and a loss of almost 4 Combo Points. That is definitely not much, but any damage/CP helps.

These are the two buffs/debuffs that are the most important for your gameplay as a Combat Rogue. Set your goal to always improve the uptime from week to week. You will always want to squeeze the little bits out of your play.

I am going to post a list on a couple of errors that have come to my eyes, feel free to comment on these or add some more, Hybrys (wink.png ):

• You didn't cast the maximum amount possible of your Synapse Springs (3 out of 4). Try to macro that in your KS + AR/SB, that means you time it with some major dps cooldowns and don't miss out too much of its uptime.
  • Make sure not to use Blade Flurry when there are no secondary targets. You accidentally used it for > 20 seconds in the beginning without getting any damage out of it. That majorly affected your energy regeneration there.
  • Make sure to wait for the very first Dextrous proc out of your AoC before you cast your Killing Spree. You do not want to miss out the 12k Agility increase. Do not wait for any procs/insight levels for your KS or AR/SB from then on though. You want to use them on cooldown rather than delaying them.

That are the things I notice from like 5 minutes of going through it. Maybe I can take a closer look when I am back home.

My last point would be your gear. You initially said that Dryaan uses the pure Agility gems in his red slots. You cannot compare your gear to the gear of a high-end raider with full gear. He uses red gems because he already surpassed 50% Haste. Some players (me included) like the red gems more then, because it sims out only a tad lower and gives you a better feeling because you are not energy capping all day long. For your gear (<40% Haste) you should really go for the Agi/Haste gems in your orange slots and pure Haste gems in your yellow slots. Shadowcraft gives me a 10k dps increase only for changing out your gems.

That's my 2 cents for now. I hope I could help you a little. Come back at me if you didn't get a statement.

Lunatia

Ah, and please say "the" instead of "teh". It really makes me rage here biggrin.png

• Like 1

Hello lipsinch,

I will kick in for a little assistance even though Hybrys is already doing a great job (as always).

The weakest link on your Combat play is most likely the Slice and Dice Uptime, since it is < 80%. Even on a fight like Sha of Pride, where the only reason not to have it up is getting imprisoned (on Normal Mode that is), your uptime is sitting on approx. 77% only. Given that your auto-attacks are hitting for 37k dps (or 1/6 of your total damage) that would incease your dps by quite a nice margin (especially when taking into account that any auto attacks generate energy via Combat Potency) .

Another important point for a good Combat play is the Revealing Strike Uptime. Not only does it give your finishers a 35% damage increase on the target, it also gives you a couple of free combo points which result in even more finishers. So basically every Finisher and Sinister Strike cast on the target without having RvS up results in a dps loss eventually.

A simple calculation (without analysing the actual cast sequences):

You have a 78% uptime of RvS on the Sha of Pride fight. You casted a total of 25 Eviscerates and a total of 85 Sinister Strikes over the course of the fight. 22% of these didn't hit with the RvS debuff up. That makes ~ 6 Eviscerates and ~ 19 Sinister Strikes that haven't been cast with the RvS benefits. That means a loss of approximately 210k damage (total) on these Eviscerates and a loss of almost 4 Combo Points. That is definitely not much, but any damage/CP helps.

These are the two buffs/debuffs that are the most important for your gameplay as a Combat Rogue. Set your goal to always improve the uptime from week to week. You will always want to squeeze the little bits out of your play.

I am going to post a list on a couple of errors that have come to my eyes, feel free to comment on these or add some more, Hybrys (wink.png ):

• You didn't cast the maximum amount possible of your Synapse Springs (3 out of 4). Try to macro that in your KS + AR/SB, that means you time it with some major dps cooldowns and don't miss out too much of its uptime.
  • Make sure not to use Blade Flurry when there are no secondary targets. You accidentally used it for > 20 seconds in the beginning without getting any damage out of it. That majorly affected your energy regeneration there.
  • Make sure to wait for the very first Dextrous proc out of your AoC before you cast your Killing Spree. You do not want to miss out the 12k Agility increase. Do not wait for any procs/insight levels for your KS or AR/SB from then on though. You want to use them on cooldown rather than delaying them.

That are the things I notice from like 5 minutes of going through it. Maybe I can take a closer look when I am back home.

My last point would be your gear. You initially said that Dryaan uses the pure Agility gems in his red slots. You cannot compare your gear to the gear of a high-end raider with full gear. He uses red gems because he already surpassed 50% Haste. Some players (me included) like the red gems more then, because it sims out only a tad lower and gives you a better feeling because you are not energy capping all day long. For your gear (<40% Haste) you should really go for the Agi/Haste gems in your orange slots and pure Haste gems in your yellow slots. Shadowcraft gives me a 10k dps increase only for changing out your gems.

That's my 2 cents for now. I hope I could help you a little. Come back at me if you didn't get a statement.

Lunatia

Ah, and please say "the" instead of "teh". It really makes me rage here biggrin.png

Brace yourselves, the wall of text is coming.

Hey Lunatia, thanks! Any input is welcome!

I see. The early Blade Flurry might be due to cleaning adds and I didn't notice it was up (or forgot to turn off after it - almost 1am, sleepy as hell), will keep a better eye on that.

My Synapse is bound to KS and AR+SB, I probably delayed on using any of those CDs due to something that I don't recall (there aren't any mechanics on Sha that requires to hold those CDs, unlike Norushen), but it's unlikely for me to miss using it.

As for DSteel buff and etc, it's all about me messing up with my UI constantly, so I tend to not keep an eye on buffs. I ended up not fixing it (I did but didn't like the outcome, undid it and it was about raiding hour so I had to stop), and my buffs are the standard ones FAR FAR AWAY on another dimension of teh side of my monitor. UNFORTUNATELY I have no coordination - people keep complaining and making jokes of me due to my keyboard being noisy as hell (I type like a tommy gun and Combat button-smashingpressing looks like a tommy gun) and I don't use Push-To-Talk, because "or I press buttons to DPS or I press buttons to talk" - so if I look away, I tend to lose myself in that clusterfuck of light and sparks that is the middle of the screen AAAAAAAAND... I get lost. Legit 1st world problems here.

As for gear, I understand and agree to your point. The regen feels way "better" without that much haste - I feel less "dumb" due to not wasting energy. Thing is, I also chose this set-up due to my hand. In a previous topic, I was discussing with Hybrys about changing to Subtlety spec since it has a more bursty and less spammy nature than Combat, which makes my hand lose 3 points of durability everytime I raid. I sit in front of a computer for like 16 hours a day, working and playing, and although I stop to do some exercise and stretch out them, I still feel some pain due to the amount of stress that it takes. That is one reason my DPS isn't that high, IMHO. (Other because I never notice the damn buffs.)

Also notice that I came out with this gemming and reforging pattern based on SimC 10k simulations in a Light Movement fight, if I recall well. I can paste out teh results here, if you want me to. =D

In teh end, even if I'm supposed to get 10k more DPS with hatehaste gems, it might not affect me much since I won't be spamming skills more than I already can - it's a physical hindrance. Hoping HARD to get a H dagger next week, so I finally can play Mut (even if I might lose DPS, since I'll be using a flex heirloom). My health thanks for that.

Got a Warforged AoC on this Sha (coin tho), gotta upgrade it for now. =D

--

Edit: Fixing "teh"s before someone shoot me.

--

Edit 2: My armory image is outdated - I swear my Rogue is beautiful.

--

Edit 3: Also notice that some of those Eviscs aren't 5 CP, due to lag updating the CP counter (spamspamspamoh3CPsdamnIjustEviscerated)

Edited by lipsinch

As for the button spamming and carpal tunnel thingy I don't have any solution since I am far from being a doctor. Mut is a less spammy spec, but in SoO HC you kind of rely on good cleave. That makes you go for the Rupture spread if the adds stay for long enough. I personally hate this kind of play, since Combat is just Blade Flurry on/off which kinda lets you focus more on crucial parts of the fight and dps-increases such as trinket procs and buff uptimes. Mut is a couple of 10k dps below Combat, depending on the fight, but it's still performing relatively well. Well enough to not get kicked because of underwhelming dps at least.

For your Trinket procs I'd surely set up a big TellMeWhen-Icon somewhere on my UI, because missing these ones on your first KS makes a rather big difference in your early burst. The only reason not to track the Dextrous buff is the special case of using a Detonator. So I really recommend to at least track your trinkets. The trinket proc on the pull is the only time I would consider delaying my KS and AR/SB, after the pull you can safely ignore the procs most of the times, since it is pretty hard to track that when you are obviously struggling with easier parts on your play.

The biggest dps increase for now should be the proper execution of your SnD and RvS timing and the usage of Eviscerate on 5 CP, since the < 5 CP Eviscerates tend to hit like a wet noodle.If you manage to always maintain a > 95% SnD uptime on fights without mechanics preventing that and not use Eviscerate and Sinister Strike on a non RvS-debuffed target, you should perform well enough for HC mode.

Edited by Lunatia

Thanks for hoping in with some better analysis Luna.  I haven't had the time to take a look at their logs in a little while.

Sha, as a fight, may just add the complications that you can't get around.  Such as prisons reducing SnD/RvS uptime.  It's unfortunate, and doesn't show up well in the logs, but it's definitely there.

It's odd because your RvS uptime for Norushen was great, but it was rather low for Sha.  You should definitely be aiming for 100% there.  And the Blade Flurry goof is definitely noticable in your opener, delaying your first SnD.

We can also compare Sha mechanics to SnD uptime directly:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RmghVNPBKQFMjkfr#fight=45&type=resources&source=21&pins=0%24Main%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24112020336.0.0.Rogue%24false%245171%5E0%24Main%24%23909049%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24112020336.0.0.Rogue%24false%24144574%5E0%24Main%24%23a04D8A%24casts%240%240.0.0.Any%24112020336.0.0.Rogue%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%2451690&spell=103

From this chart, we can directly see that:

A: You didn't put up SnD before your first KS.  You should definitely have it up before then, opening with Ambush --> RvS --> Sin Strike --> Sin Strike --> SnD --> KS --> AR/SB.

B: You should look to spending more energy before using KS.  It's a great regen time that ends up wasted twice by only going down to ~60 energy before using it.

C: You let SnD fall because of a prison. (Though you should've refreshed it before then.)

D: You let SnD fall during Bloodlust, because you went into a KS before refreshing.  You still autoattack during KS, so you should have SnD up before going into it, especially with the 4pc.

• Like 1

Thanks for hoping in with some better analysis Luna.  I haven't had the time to take a look at their logs in a little while.

Sha, as a fight, may just add the complications that you can't get around.  Such as prisons reducing SnD/RvS uptime.  It's unfortunate, and doesn't show up well in the logs, but it's definitely there.

It's odd because your RvS uptime for Norushen was great, but it was rather low for Sha.  You should definitely be aiming for 100% there.  And the Blade Flurry goof is definitely noticable in your opener, delaying your first SnD.

We can also compare Sha mechanics to SnD uptime directly:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RmghVNPBKQFMjkfr#fight=45&type=resources&source=21&pins=0%24Main%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24112020336.0.0.Rogue%24false%245171%5E0%24Main%24%23909049%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24112020336.0.0.Rogue%24false%24144574%5E0%24Main%24%23a04D8A%24casts%240%240.0.0.Any%24112020336.0.0.Rogue%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%2451690&spell=103

From this chart, we can directly see that:

A: You didn't put up SnD before your first KS.  You should definitely have it up before then, opening with Ambush --> RvS --> Sin Strike --> Sin Strike --> SnD --> KS --> AR/SB.

B: You should look to spending more energy before using KS.  It's a great regen time that ends up wasted twice by only going down to ~60 energy before using it.

C: You let SnD fall because of a prison. (Though you should've refreshed it before then.)

D: You let SnD fall during Bloodlust, because you went into a KS before refreshing.  You still autoattack during KS, so you should have SnD up before going into it, especially with the 4pc.

Hey Hybrys, thanks for your input!

I thought I should only "fish" for teh proc and KS right away? But looking at B, I understand why hitting a little more before KS. For SnD, better clip with a high duration than let it fall and reapply after (once I get into a prison, else reapply on 2s lasting)?

And I thought that SnD didn't influentiate on KS, since it was 7 hits fixed? Or it speeds up KS, since you'll hit faster?

@Lunatia: Mut changes (and simplifies) what you have to worry about - Cbt you gotta keep SnD and RvS up, while rushing(spaaaaaaaaaaam) to not energy cap. Mut you forget SnD due to Envenom refreshing and you just Rupture things (3~4 at max, else you'd be losing damage, from what I learned in teh past), while making some coffee waiting on your energy pooling. =P

As for teh hand thing, just need to not force it. It's like a plank of wood - everytime you put more pressure into bending it, it cracks a little - up to a moment that it breaks apart. Just gotta put little to no stress on that it'll be fine.

Thanks guys!

--

Edit: Hybrys, I think that moment when I got imprisoned I had just turned on AR. Lost like 2 or 3s of it. x-x;

Edited by lipsinch

Hey Hybrys, thanks for your input!

I thought I should only "fish" for teh proc and KS right away? But looking at B, I understand why hitting a little more before KS. For SnD, better clip with a high duration than let it fall and reapply after (once I get into a prison, else reapply on 2s lasting)?

And I thought that SnD didn't influentiate on KS, since it was 7 hits fixed? Or it speeds up KS, since you'll hit faster?

@Lunatia: Mut changes (and simplifies) what you have to worry about - Cbt you gotta keep SnD and RvS up, while rushing(spaaaaaaaaaaam) to not energy cap. Mut you forget SnD due to Envenom refreshing and you just Rupture things (3~4 at max, else you'd be losing damage, from what I learned in teh past), while making some coffee waiting on your energy pooling. =P

As for teh hand thing, just need to not force it. It's like a plank of wood - everytime you put more pressure into bending it, it cracks a little - up to a moment that it breaks apart. Just gotta put little to no stress on that it'll be fine.

Thanks guys!

--

Edit: Hybrys, I think that moment when I got imprisoned I had just turned on AR. Lost like 2 or 3s of it. x-x;

SnD doesn't influence KS, but you still do autoattacks during KS.  So it's still important.

I'd rather clip an SnD with under 3 seconds, then letting it fall for 3 seconds.  When I played Combat, I'd pool Combo Points when SnD was coming close to duration.  If I could make it to 5+5, I'd Evis then SnD.  If I couldn't, I'd just SnD and focus on not wasting those combo points.

Mut doesn't really get simpler, it just has a different complexity, and is very difficult to minmax.  Things like Energy pooling for Envenoms, and 4cp Envenoms when Dispatch is procced.  Etc.  Lots of interesting complexity.

Heyo!

I've given few tries yesterday and skipped everything but Thok (killed) and Garrosh (ended up calling a day), since we're having problems with our core...

After few modifications, I tried analyzing my own logs, and I noticed an uptime increase on my previous problems (SnD and RvS) by like, 30%. Still far from optimal, but I think that it's up on all time I'm hitting teh boss. I've been also using it as you said, before KS (although I didn't see it proc any energy recover so far, so I'm still unsure about it - just using out of faith on your words).

Here are teh logs.

Your Thok is pretty good!  With your Deadly Poison matching up with your Revealing Strike, we can know that you had a near 100% uptime on those targets.

Remember that when you reset Thok into his shouting mode, you can often Vanish or Prep --> Vanish and Ambush for a free 2 cp headstart on getting your SnD back up.

Check out your damage done vs SnD, which will show you where you could've had it up better, and where the combo points spent may have been a bit of a waste.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zkHY6JNpjTKX2DLt/#fight=20&type=damage-done&source=3&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24112020336.0.0.Rogue%24false%245171

I also THINK you could've used Killing Spree one more time, but he might have ended in a kite phase, which would've made that impossible.